BF4 5400X1920 @ PDXLAN 22.5

Beautiful setup playing my favorite game!
Please tell me you are going to upgrade to 3 or 4 290x's, if you can fit em. I'm sure besides higher framerate you'd really smooth things out for your monitors.
Really love seeing my good ol Asus getting some love. Cheers!

Wow not bad for 2x 7990. How is the scaling on those? I mean thats a damn good setup considering the 7990's are faster then a 290x, and only cost $50 more. It's too bad you couldn't get more...Damn windows limitation.

But wow man that is very nice

Nice rig and setup you got there :)

Thank you

Beautiful setup playing my favorite game!
Please tell me you are going to upgrade to 3 or 4 290x's, if you can fit em. I'm sure besides higher framerate you'd really smooth things out for your monitors.
Really love seeing my good ol Asus getting some love. Cheers!

I tried 290X's out this weekend and they can't run 5 monitors @ 144Hz... even with the new Club3D MST hub....

Here is a pic of when I had the 290X's in this past weekend...

s1126.photobucket.com/user/Elmnator/media/20131110_015412.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Just a little info for you guys ... 2 290X's with 4770K at 4.5 scored 8600 Firestrike Extreme and my 2 7990s score right about 10,000.

Wow not bad for 2x 7990. How is the scaling on those? I mean thats a damn good setup considering the 7990's are faster then a 290x, and only cost $50 more. It's too bad you couldn't get more...Damn windows limitation.

But wow man that is very nice

I quoted above and thanks :)

Please subscribe to my Youtube channel. It helps with sponsorship and stuff...

Thanks for the comments!!!

Damn I wish I wasn't so poor. I'm still rocking an i7 860 and geforce 480 setup. It is still chugging right along. I recentlu upgraded the heatsink on it. I was using the stock cooler and it started getting very hot and throttling. I got the cooler master 212 plus and it helped out quite a bit. May look to oc it a bit but not sure how much I can squeeze out of it.

Really nice setup though.

Sounds similar to what i have. Quadfire 7990s. His processor is better though. Mines on ultra whole time though. I have a [email protected] 1.62v. 2 MO-RA3 Radiators. Not going to get much better than that on a AMD cpu. My case is bigger though. Super Tower, Xigmatek Elysium. The last case you'll ever have. Cases of cases. Best case i ever had and will have lol. 7990 scaling is good on most games.

Last edited:
You need some paper towels nearby so people can clean themselves up after getting a look at that neckbreaker.

What a setup!

At peak, how many amps does the system draw? And I assume you were using 2 seats?

1100 watts at peak... 1100watts/120v = 9.16666 ... I actually had 3 seats at the LAN.

pdxlan.net
its not just November, the February and July LANs are the 2 big ones.
November is more for low key stuff and our annual food drive (37,000 pounds this year)

i was sitting a couple of tables back, I must say that this rig was a thing of beauty.

thanks man

Where did this lan take place? I haven't been to a lan in 6 or 7 years.

yes ... www.pdxlan.net takes place 3 times a year...been going for about 5 years now

pdxlan.net
its not just November, the February and July LANs are the 2 big ones.
November is more for low key stuff and our annual food drive (37,000 pounds this year)

yes www.pdxlan.net

Back