BF3 - Who Has the Best Pre-Order Deals?

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
Who has the best goods that will come with it when released, like unlocks or anything. I probably want a boxed copy. PC VERSION.

All preorders of BF3 are the LE version, which will give you Back to Karkand when it is released.

The Physical Warfare back is day 1 if you order from Origin or Gamestop/Impulse (assuming North America), but everyone else gets it for free as well even if you don't preorder.

Gamestop might have a $5 off promotion going on right now? Not familiar with US bestbuy/newegg/amazon promotions.

Origin will give you a 25% off coupon if it is your birthday (should work for physical or digital?).

D2D and Gamersgate have it at 10% off. Gamersgate will give you 5% back in store points. D2D you can get 4% cash back via Fatwallet.

This is what is what is available at the moment as far as I know.

I wish they would sell an "unlimited" edition. I don't want to buy a product with limits.

Can't they just sell us the whole game at once? Even if it costs us a little more?

I wish they would sell an "unlimited" edition. I don't want to buy a product with limits.

Can't they just sell us the whole game at once? Even if it costs us a little more?
They have to sell a limited edition because Origin isn't quite up to par with Steam yet. The extra demand of all those unlimited versions would kill it.

True story, I once bought a "limited edition" of Jane's Longbow. It turned out to be a stripped down version of the real Longbow with barely more content than you'd expect from a free demo. Oddly enough, this was also an EA game.

Okay, now I'm worried.

eh..I'll probably just wait and see if newegg runs another sale, or else I'll just get it from amazon. I just don't feel comfortable pre-ordering from sites that I'm not completely familiar with.

Origin with 25% off is the best deal for the price/convenience and knowing that it's legitimate. If it didn't require Origin, I would say otherwise and probably recommend a boxed copy.

eh..I'll probably just wait and see if newegg runs another sale, or else I'll just get it from amazon. I just don't feel comfortable pre-ordering from sites that I'm not completely familiar with.

If they are using an authorized distributor you shouldn't have any issues (I mean any store can have issues).

If you are wondering about the cdkey resllers, they aren't any better or worse than buying off someone else or say ebay, it just depends on your comfort level.

Origin with 25% off is the best deal for the price/convenience and knowing that it's legitimate. If it didn't require Origin, I would say otherwise and probably recommend a boxed copy.

How the fuck do you get 25% off on Origin?

How the fuck do you get 25% off on Origin?

They give you a 25% off coupon if it is your birthday.

They also e-mailed out 25% coupons that didn't work during a promotion a bit back, people managed to convert these to 15-25% coupons via CSRs. Some also got 1-3 free games with those preorders.

Create an account: Set your Birthday to 2 days afterwards (of said registration date), and verify your account to 100%. Wait 2 days, 25% coupon!

Can you elaborate on the bolded part please? Where/how exactly do we have to do this?

It tells you when you log onto your new account. Top right will tell you if you are 100% verified or not. It includes verifying email address etc. Takes 2 minutes or so to become 100% verified.

Remember what you used for your birthday. I believe a guy on these forums tried to get his account back after getting hacked or something and the CSR asked him for the birthday that he used to register the account with. Needless to say he lost his account as he chose something random that he couldn't remember.

boxed copies will require Origin too

If you join the EA Gunclub, you get a 25% off coupon. It can't be used for pre-order, but I bitched about that and they gave me 20%. If you also pre-order through EA, there are some bonuses and now Dead Space 2 for until the 19th.

boxed copies will require Origin too
Read again.

Remember what you used for your birthday. I believe a guy on these forums tried to get his account back after getting hacked or something and the CSR asked him for the birthday that he used to register the account with. Needless to say he lost his account as he chose something random that he couldn't remember.
Yeah, that's why you always enter legitimate information on any kind of account you plan on keeping/putting money into. Most people just create an account just for the birthday code and never touch it again.

Is no one wary of origin anymore? What happened to the whole "you might not be able to download your games in 4 years" thing?

tpfaff, that's something I've brought up numerous times at work (I work on Origin). Previously, as in way before last year, you had a one-year limit on downloading your games. As of now, there is no real time limit on how long you can download your games for.

If you ever find that a game you purchased disappeared randomly one day, let CS know and they should be able to fix it for you.

They pretty much put that to rest if you log in theres a little bit of info on that.

Anyway are you guys automatically getting dead space 2 for free when pre ordering BF3?

I see nothing about a free game and I am about to pre order with my 25% off birthday coupon lol

You have to go through a specific page to get a free copy of DS2. You can find it on the Battlefield Twitter or Facebook pages.

Oh well Bf3 pre ordered for 45. I probably wouldnt care for DS2 anyway if its anything like the first one ...

tpfaff, that's something I've brought up numerous times at work (I work on Origin). Previously, as in way before last year, you had a one-year limit on downloading your games. As of now, there is no real time limit on how long you can download your games for.

If you ever find that a game you purchased disappeared randomly one day, let CS know and they should be able to fix it for you.

Cool thanks, well then I guess I'll order it if I can get the 25% off and deadspace 2!

So from what I've read, this birthday promo thingy isn't automatically attached to the account, and you can make throw away accounts for the code, and then apply that code to your real account? Seems like that's something they'd quickly fix. People will be making a throw away account for every game they purchase.

The fix is already live? I'm sure you'd rather me not abuse the system anyway but a $45 BF3 would definitely make buying it on origin easier. :)

You have to go through a specific page to get a free copy of DS2. You can find it on the Battlefield Twitter or Facebook pages.

So they offer it as an incentive, then hide it instead or just putting it in front of your face when you pre-order. Nice.

fallguy, it's incentive to follow them on Twitter or fan them on Facebook. They give you a free game. Why is this a bad thing?

Crash250f, I don't think it's live yet, but it's been fixed.

I dont use any of that social networking crap so I guess I lose lol

The specific page you need to get linked from is all over these forums. Doesn't take much to find it.

Is no one wary of origin anymore? What happened to the whole "you might not be able to download your games in 4 years" thing?

They limit the amount of installs you can have, but you can always request more.

Back