BF3 Scoping Problem

Met-AL

Supreme [H]ardness
When I pull up the scope on a weapon, it rapidly scopes in and out on it's own. Very annoying and makes using a scope pretty much worthless.

Anyone else have this problem with BF3 at times?

I do at times. Mostly when I'm in scoped mode for a longer period of time though. Also notice it does it almost every time I finish reloading. But nothing as you describe. I would be pretty annoyed as well if it continually does it. Sounds like maybe your right click is going out.

BTW there is a setting to make the scope a click and stay instead of having to hold it down. Might be something you would want to try if it's not your mouse.

What mouse are you using OP? I have the same problem sometimes.

I'm using a Logitech G9x by the way.

Only time I have issues with scoping is when using a bipod. Sometimes I'll reload and it won't re-scope automatically ( I wish they hadn't added that feature in the first place). I use toggle-scoping though.

Only time I have issues with scoping is when using a bipod. Sometimes I'll reload and it won't re-scope automatically ( I wish they hadn't added that feature in the first place). I use toggle-scoping though.

it shouldn't auto re-scope if you reload, you should have to toggle it again unless you are using the pull back bolt which then you don't get a bi-pod if you have it.

Do you press Q a lot? I zoom out when I'm jamming Q and it zooms out because it thinks I want to use a voice command.

You can spot zoomed in, you just can't hold down Q to get the commo rose.

What mouse are you using OP? I have the same problem sometimes.

I'm using a Logitech G9x by the way.

MX1000. I can rule out a mouse problem. Other games work great, games like Bad Company 2, MW2, etc. It's just this one game.

I think it's got something to do with the physics and or the FOV. I have FOV=90.

I dunno.. it's intermittent but when it starts it continues on until the round is over or I stop BF3 and restart a new game. First time I seen it happen was when B2K came out. Next time it starts up, I will shoot a vid of it.

Does it still cover the screen like you're scoped (then you have to retoggle to work correctly) or does it just completely go out of that then back to scoped on its own? I used to have the former happen extremely often which made me stop playing recon for a while, but I don't think it has happened since the first patch iirc.

Do you have the Logitech Setpoint software installed? If so, try uninstalling that and see if the problem continues. If you don't have it installed, try downloading and installing it and see if that fixes the problem.

I know exactly what you're experiencing OP, I'm using a Logitech G500 and it used to do the same thing. Fiddling around with Raw Mouse Input seemed to fix it for me. It really pissed me off for quite some time, as it made shooting pretty much impossible.

I know exactly what you're experiencing OP, I'm using a Logitech G500 and it used to do the same thing. Fiddling around with Raw Mouse Input seemed to fix it for me. It really pissed me off for quite some time, as it made shooting pretty much impossible.

So what did you end up going with? I have it enabled.

rawmouseinput.png

Back