BF3 Performance Questions for Eyefinity players

syncore

Limp Gawd
Hey AMD card users (WITH EYEFINITY), I'm curious what kind of performance you get in BF3 with Eyefinity -- In-game I've tested a few different graphics settings using the 11.10 Preview 3 drivers with CAP4 at 5760x1080 - I can seem to get 55 to 85 fps however despite the decent FPS numbers, the screen seems to "lag" when I turn from side to side. Turning on VSync makes it feel even more sluggish. Running the game on only 1 monitor is smooth as butter however. Currently running everything at HIGH (except for shadows, MEDIUM), 1x AF, no AA (either type), no Ambient Occlusion
Just wondering if any other eyefinity users are experiencing this. BFBC2, though a less demanding game, ran like butter at the same resolution in Eyefinity

i7 930 currently at 4.0 ghz w/ HT, 6gb ram, 6990

rig in sig, getting 55-90fps in bf3. no problems at all. settings all on low, with med textures. obviously running a much lower eyefinity rez than you.

I cannot get GPUs #2 and #3 to work in portrait Eyefinity BF3 so I cannot really say.

mmm, are you getting black screen on BF3 in full screen mode?

3x U2412M in portrait mode

I have 2600k @ 4.3G
1x 6990 stock
MSI Z68A-GD80

Landscape, 24" Dell u2410 x 3.
6990 + 6970
X58 with Corei7 930 at 4.2ZGHz.

Everything is set to Ultra, no Sync, FXAA,HBOA,FOV@85

Steady 60 FPS.:D

mmm, are you getting black screen on BF3 in full screen mode?

3x U2412M in portrait mode

I have 2600k @ 4.3G
1x 6990 stock
MSI Z68A-GD80

Yes, black screen in full screen mode. I can only play in windowed mode with 1 GPU.

that's strange how come both of us get black screen but you doesn't?

are you playing in windows mode or because you are running triple crossfire?

I get black screen in full-screen mode. The only way I can play BF3 is windowed mode and then only 1 GPU works.

one screen myself, to buggy with 3.
had low fps which let me wait for driver and patches to fix it up.

Not to go off topic. But do you guys have the issue with not seeing Teammates icons? If so did you find a fix for it? Im in Surround but from what I'v read any1 running across 3 is having this issue.

what funny about all this is with my eyefinity rig ever since the bf3 beta people have been reporting problems and issues with new drivers. Ive been rocking 11.8 drivers and the beta and the game run great on my eyeinfity rig,

No slow downs, no lag, no missing icons or graphicle issues and decent performance (most settings on high expect shadows on med and ao off). Not sure what my actual fps is but its been running smooth enough for me, havent had any jitter or slow downs thats ive noticed. I really have no intrest in going to any newer driver untill i see lots of good reports of no issues with them.

ameby try 11.8 like ive been using?

I've tried 11.8, didn't work.

I think I might have found a work-around for us black screen/disabled GPU Eyefinity users. Stay tuned as I have to do a lot of testing.

This is my work around for the no enemy/team icons (well, not really a workaround for ME, since I don't run Windows at 5760x1080 at all times, only when launching a game) from my thread over at the Overclock.net Forums:

"Okay, I just got the no-arrows-above-team/enemies bug for the first time... it only happened when I booted Windows directly to the Eyefinity resolution (5760x1080). Normally I have hotkeys for extended desktop mode and eyefinity mode and I usually run windows in extended desktop mode (that is, three separate 1920x1080 desktops) 99% of the time but I hit the eyefinity hotkey before launching a game, so basically I don't get the BF3 arrow problem if I switch to 5760x1080 right before launching BF3"

Also in that thread, (but re-posted to Pastebin here) I posted my PROF_SAVE_PROFILE from c:\Users\my name\documents\Battlefield 3\settings so if you can't edit the settings from the in-game menu, hopefully you'd still be able to launch the game w/ settings appropriate for Eyefinity - if you need to change the resolution, just edit these two lines: GstRender.ResolutionWidth 5760 and GstRender.ResolutionHeight 1080. To use your own key binds, just replace everything in the file from the line "GstKeyBinding.default.ConceptCommMenu1.0.axis 0" to the end of the file with the stuff that's in YOUR current PROF_SAVE_PROFILE

Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try

I've found a partial fix for those of us getting black screen in BF3 and limited crossfire GPU usage. I say partial because you cannot run full resolution, but still a decent eyefinity resolution and have all GPUs working. All 4 of my GPUs are working now.

Steps:

C:\Users\your user name\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings
PROF_SAVE_profile > open in wordpad
Edit to read: GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 0
Edit to read: GstRender.FullscreenScreen 1
Save and set file as read only
Start BF3, should start in windowed mode
Go to options > video > change undefined monitor number to "1"
Adjust screen resolution to a resolution LOWER than your default Eyefinity resolution (The one that works for me is 2760x1600) [default is 3308x1920]
Select full screen
Hit apply
BF3 should now be in full-screen eyefinity (albeit a lower resolution) and all crossfire GPUs should be working

Falling through the world and mortar game, err I mean BF3 is now working very smooth! I get over 120FPS in portrait Eyefinity and no micro-stutter nor rubber-banding. I am using driver 11.12 (8.92 new preview).

Although it does look a bit uglier running at non-native resolution of course, the performance and game-play is there for Eyefinity until they get their shit straight and fix this.

This took me about 20-hours of trial and error so I hope it can work for some of you out there... Maybe even some SLI guys can get similar results.

Hi Guys,

Got Here AMD 1090T(3,9GHZ) and 2x R6970 Lighting (crossfire)
Eyefinity(5040x1050) +
BF3 on settings low(95>fps), med(80>fps), high(55>fps), ultra(40>fps). and it's unplayable...

Unplayable: EX-D.EUS, BF2, BF3

I have no problem in games: Crysis, Dirt2, Dirt3, F1 2011, AVP (Perfect Ultra Settings), Mount Blade Warband, Need For Speed ​​Shift, Stalker CPP, X3.

Back