BF3 @ Newegg, $49.99 Pre-Order

That is not a hot deal. This is however. Battlefield 3 29.99

If you do a google search there are tens of sites that look just like it and have the same prices. They buy foreign keys that cost less and sell them to you. Many people bought COD keys from sites like that and had the games or their entire accounts locked. I would advise not buying anything from there, if it looks too good to be true, it is.

My crysis 2 key worked fine. I would say if you want to be cautious just make a new account for each game.

No one really uses EADM anyway. 90% of most every ones games are in Steam.

plus, it's from the shitty ass EA download manager. I would rather pay double than go directly through them lol

If you do a google search there are tens of sites that look just like it and have the same prices. They buy foreign keys that cost less and sell them to you. Many people bought COD keys from sites like that and had the games or their entire accounts locked. I would advise not buying anything from there, if it looks too good to be true, it is.

Ugh. I know I'm just sitting here eating breakfast at work, not thinking I click on the link, see shady site name and all. Tried to close before it would load. Feeling pretty stupid, and worried big brother going to come over and smack me on the back of the head. Moral of the story, I should be working, but please guys, don't put up stupid shady shit. Shit shit shit. :(

Radeon 6850 recommended. Interesting. Oh well, been telling the wife that I'm buying this game, and it is going to require an upgrade from the 5670. C'mon ATI/nVidia, out with the 660Ti and/or 7850 or w/e they are going to be.

Personally i'll wait for the steam sale or buy it at 50 bucks so I can get the box n stuff. Shoot, I paid 50.00 for L4D1. Also I got BC2 via EADM and had no problems whatsoever...

This is a pretty good deal actually.

Personally i'll wait for the steam sale or buy it at 50 bucks so I can get the box n stuff. Shoot, I paid 50.00 for L4D1. Also I got BC2 via EADM and had no problems whatsoever...

This is a pretty good deal actually.

Not gonna be on Steam buddy, atleast, not from the get go.

I'm probably gonna do this pre-order deal. I'm just hoping my rig can play it pretty well or I may have to do a small upgrade.

Personally i'll wait for the steam sale or buy it at 50 bucks so I can get the box n stuff.

Everything I have read says it will not be on Steam.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1988092
Steam Forums

If I can not get through Steam, I will just get the box. I looked at the Newegg pre-order. The earliest you can get the box in mail from Newegg is next day. You will be paying over $60 with the $10 discount for next day shipping. I will just pre-order from a local store because I want to play day 1.

BF3 on steam doesn't look good ever since EA released Origin.

The version at Cdkey discount might/might not be limited edition?

Hmmm, then this newegg deal just got a lot better. But then again, I'm not all that concerned with getting this Day 1 either... I usually reserve day 1 -3 to read about everyone woes and triumphs from being an early adopter.

Well is if official yet? If i cant buy it by 20th of Oct. Ill just get one hard copy. But there is 3 months till its clear. So i am putting my faith that they are going to solve this issue.

Been waiting for a good deal. Miss the PC days when games were cheeper then the consoles Got one for me and my son, Thanks OP

I've bought several games from sites like these, including COD and have never had a problem.

I got my boxed copies for $40+tax from EA which was a good deal and $50 is still a good deal to me.

I'd consider buying from one of these key sites for a legit key just to screw over EA as much as possible while still legally owning the game. But it would have to be the limited version or there would have to be a cheap key for the karkand map pack later on down the road.

If BF3 was on Steam, it would be the first game that I would actually consider pre-ordering from a digital distributor.

Scared people like you that talk out of their ass are funny.

Ugh. I know I'm just sitting here eating breakfast at work, not thinking I click on the link, see shady site name and all. Tried to close before it would load. Feeling pretty stupid, and worried big brother going to come over and smack me on the back of the head. Moral of the story, I should be working, but please guys, don't put up stupid shady shit. Shit shit shit. :(
Looking at [H] is no more productive than looking at places to buy legit cd keys while at work. Get back to work. You should be used to doing a mouse over on a link if you are that paranoid/uninformed.

http://www.google.com/search?q=steam+grey+market+keys
Although BF3 is not on Steam, I imagine Electronic Arts will take similar action.
That is true and IMO worth the gamble. I know fellows with half a dozen or so grey market keys and their account has yet been locked. Not even a single game has been effected. Even if one game did get locked out, you still have another half dozen that you got for 75% off. Not like you can't repurchase the locked game back from an approved digital distributor.

I have yet to hear anyone cry about their entire account locked. Most of the naysayers are doing nothing but spreading rumors and word of mouth lies.

^^ Bullshit

Cool story. If it was region specific it would say. Bought my starcraft anthology, warcraft 3/frozen throne from a similar site. OVER 2 years ago, blizzard hasn't banned my entire account. Bought Mass Effect 2 from that site I linked. "If it looks too good to be true, it is" $30 does not look too good to be true for just a cd key. Maybe 5$ then I would agree.

Lol, don't browse personal forums at work then, and the sites aren't shady anyway son.

Can newegg preorders be cancelled? Hopping on if so but want to switch in case a better deal shows.

Last edited:
I am probably going to skip on this, but does anyone know when you get a pre-ordered game? Do they ship it early to arrive on release day, or do they ship it on release day and you're SOL until it arrives a few days later?

I am probably going to skip on this, but does anyone know when you get a pre-ordered game? Do they ship it early to arrive on release day, or do they ship it on release day and you're SOL until it arrives a few days later?

I'm getting mine on Amazon. It's the only vendor I know of that has release day shipping.

I'm getting mine on Amazon. It's the only vendor I know of that has release day shipping.

I know that EA Store does release day delivery. I believe they ship them early and have the shipper hold on to them for a day or two, then delivered on the release day.
My Crysis 2 order came from UPS with a Red Sticker that was listed as Time Sensitive Materials with a Must Deliver on such and such date.

huh? :confused: hmmm ok I like drugs to?

Wal-Mart does release day shipping. I got Portal 2 from them on release day. I've also got stuff directly from EA on release day as well.

Back