BF3 makes you kill a rat

Cobalt35

[H]ard|Gawd
The next time somebody asks me what's wrong in the world I'm going to point them to this article.

The sheer stupidity is so complete that I'm lost for words.

The next time somebody asks me what's wrong in the world I'm going to point them to this article.

The sheer stupidity is so complete that I'm lost for words.

You can't say or do anything in today's world any more without one of these groups coming down on you. It's just crazy.

Get upset over something important, folks. It's a VIDEOGAME.

Not surprising, in Germany violence and stuff like that in video games is considered very bad for young people. Same way that in the US everyone freaks out over tits in a movie.(sex, even barely any, usually always means R rating)

Oh noes. Killing a rat. No tears for the killing of other people though? Oh wait...

I killed a rooster in Gears of War 3. Or was it a chicken?

Two points I'd like to add:

1. It's a video game... if you can't tell the difference between reality and a game then I would suggest you have bigger issues than killing an imaginary rat.

2. In this video game you can kill hundreds of imaginary people in any manner you choose... and they complain about a single rat. Not the people, they moan about one disease-ridden rat that will give your position away and end your imaginary life if you don't kill it.

PETA are even worse than the people who claim we'll all turn into murderers because we kill imaginary people in a video game :rolleyes:

That's nothing. In Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 you get to gun people down in an airport like a terrorist shit bag. Killing a rat in comparison is almost funny and not worth mentioning.

I killed a rooster in Gears of War 3. Or was it a chicken?

I killed lots of them in Crysis 1. With grenades. Who gives a damn?

You fail the event and get shot because you are fussing with the pos too long.

Sounds pretty realistic to me. I am sure most people would kill the rat in that situation. Probably even members of PETA if they were in a war zone.

PETA, the same people that bring you classy ad's like this:

blahhzx.jpg

And not one fuck was given that day.

My favorite was when these shit bags put up a billboard in the neighborhood where a kid just got mauled by a shark. The billboard was of a shark with a human leg in its mouth. The caption read "payback's a bitch"

I wish these scumbags would die in a fire.

I'm surprised they didn't rage at the idea of killing a giant chicken in Monday Night Combat.

My favorite was when these shit bags put up a billboard in the neighborhood where a kid just got mauled by a shark. The billboard was of a shark with a human leg in its mouth. The caption read "payback's a bitch"

I wish these scumbags would die in a fire.

Them and the Westboro Church.

I don't recall PETA protesting against the turtle abuse in Crysis...

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, lol. That little turtle at the start of the game... and all the damned chickens and seagulls, very entertaining target practice.

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, lol. That little turtle at the start of the game... and all the damned chickens and seagulls, very entertaining target practice.

power-throwing them was more fun (had to reach way far back into the photobucket account for these)

Crysis2007-10-2711-02-19-77.jpg

Crysis2007-10-2813-58-07-87.jpg

"We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!"

What do you do when you've become universally hated and socially irrelevant? That's right, you make up stupid shit to get attention. Go fuck yourselves PETA.

See there are a few things about this.

PETA says it can influence young minds, the target audiance.

The game is Mature rated, a parent should not be letting a "young mind" play this ANYWAY. And second of all, the game you kill PEOPLE, and they are yelling about a damn RAT? WTF!

you kill PEOPLE, and they are yelling about a damn RAT? WTF!

Yeah, that doesn't matter to PETA, cruelty to humans is fine, its just animals that's evil. Maybe the PETANC will speak up about that (people for the ethical treatment of arabs, nazis and communists).

I condemn the rat stabbing scene too.

Not because of any cruelty to a virtual rat (committing violence in a video game doesn't mean you'd do it in real life, to human or animal), but because it was one of the stupidest things I've ever encountered in a video game.

It was awkward, forced, out of place, and was accomplished via QTE, which is one of the cancers of modern video games. I didn't like Dragon's Lair gameplay two decades ago, and I don't like it now.

PETA are a bunch of idiots, now they are bitching and getting worked up because in BF3 you have to kill a rat while it was attacking you? Whatever PETA.

I guess they haven't seen the endless slaughter of rats in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, or any other RPG for that matter.

They moan about a scene in a video game instead of focusing on other problems with real animals.

It's a video game -- a story -- a fantasy -- NOT REAL.

Using this or any form of related logic means that the entire entertainment culture would need to be torn down.

I've played video games for 25 years - and not once have I ever shot up a school, picked up hookers, done drugs, or imitated anything I've seen in the virtual world. Probably because I'm smart enough to know it's a VIRTUAL world.

Let's say it was real life though - kill a rat vs give my position away and die myself? Yeah REAL hard choice there. Anyone who would chose to let the rat live at the cost of your own life has no grasp on the concept of survival of the fittest, or for war/life/death either.

Sometimes I really do wonder -- video games catch so much flak for this but if you ask me the PETA wackjobs are the ones living in the fantasy land and have no touch with reality of the world. (the reality of the world being that is can be cruel/mean/painful/and filled with death. Deal with it.

Why is this an issue now? I've been killing rats in the basement of every RPG since... forever.

Oh noes. Killing a rat. No tears for the killing of other people though? Oh wait...

Exactly. A lot of these types would tell you to your face they'd rather see a person die than an animal. I've been in that situation before.

These people are nuts.

Disclaimer:

"No rats or any living things were harmed in the making of this video game..."

Seriously, I love the shit out of my dogs and the exotic animal fiasco in Ohio pissed me off, but PETA goes way too far... to the point of rediculous. Those people need real hobbies. Like playing video games or something....

I suppose I could stop playing video games and pursue an outdoor hobby like hunting..

I love how bent out of shape people get over PETA... troll or not, seems they do their job fairly well.

Back