BF3 "looked boring and unimpressive" says BEST BUY blogger

There's a pretty wild ass mod or mods that could be made with a collection of the ideas that have come up in this thread so far. ;)
Most of them involving dinosaurs, hopefully.

Wait wait...a ZOMBIE t-rex? WIth twin chainguns mounted on it's shoulders? That you ride into the battlefield after being dropped off by a flying submarine. That farts mushroom clouds. And craves brains...but only ninja and pirate brains.

Yeah, I'd play that.

P.S. DIAF Best Buy.

That's the kind of people that can't play these modern games. If they have to slow down to absorb a story or anything, they get lost.

Dumb ass.

Indeed. If they aren't being lambasted with virtual bullets and 13 year olds yelling "Fag" then its just not "intense" enough to capture there attention.

Best Buy blogger? Rofl I mean thats comedy all on its very own. Who gives a total fuck what this moron thinks?

I didn't realize anyone payed attention to BB reviews...

There's a first time for everything, but given the mediocrity of the common man these days, things like this shouldn't be too surprising.

I love BC2 and plan to get BF3. The game really isnt new or anything I can see where he is coming from. But it will be a quality game for sure.

One minute exceeds the typical console gamer's attention span. In a console game, you have about seven seconds before you completely lose the player's attention and he or she stares at the nearest wall and begins to drool uncontrollably.

LMFAO!

That was just... spectacular, lol!:D

Opinions are like assholes, I have 3.

i-came.jpg

One minute exceeds the typical console gamer's attention span. In a console game, you have about seven seconds before you completely lose the player's attention and he or she stares at the nearest wall and begins to drool uncontrollably.

HAHA! This sums it up perfectly. Unfortunately, those crazy smart guys over at Activision realized this as well.

One must keep at least 5 of these on their person for all possible scenarios.

The guy made a reply post about playing it hands on today and he still does not like it. He was also confused about how to use the PC controls.

So that said, the demo I got to play was a multiplayer version of the game and it was on PCs. That threw me for a loop as I had a hard time knowing which button did what (I mean, I can navigate around easily enough - I'm a noob, not an idiot...well that's up for debate I guess). To me this game felt like every single other First Person Shooter. There were army guys crouching and running and hiding behind sandbags; there were enemies peering from around posts and through windows of nearby buildings; there was respawning (a lot, in my case) and a lot of me catching up to the rest of the gang.

so one of the perks of working at Best Buy is that you get to play games months before its actual release date?...

There were guys standing, crouching, and standing in windows? In an FPS?! OMFG THEY TOTALY RIPPED OFF COD!

This guy is a moron. Forget being a fanboy, reviewing ANY game and saying, "Yeah, seems like any other driving game, you're in a car." or "Seems like any other sports game, you run and throw around some type of ball" is just so far missing the point it just absolutely boggles my mind.

Apparently going to the beach, a museum and a strip club are all the same because there is walking and sitting involved at all 3.

There's a pretty wild ass mod or mods that could be made with a collection of the ideas that have come up in this thread so far. ;)

newsflash ! no public server files for unranked server hosting, no mod tools, no commander, maybe not even commo rose

Quit laughing at the guy and stop acting like monkeys, everyone has his own opinion and preferences, ffs ......

Quit laughing at the guy and stop acting like monkeys, everyone has his own opinion and preferences, ffs ......

No, I reserve the right to call someone an idiot who thinks that Britney Spears is better than the Beatles. Who thinks that Episode I was better than Episode VI. Who thinks LimpBizkit is better than Tool. Who thinks that Halo is better than BF1942.

The above people who think those things are called morons. And I have a right to my opinion to say the above.

The overwhelming majority of gamers that tried the BF3 MP at E3 didn't just love it , they were fucking entranced by it. Everyone that I spoke too that went to E3 to try it and actually managed to stand in line for over 5 hours patiently enough to play it couldn't stop saying how amazing it was. Not one person I've spoken to that played it didn't love it.

The blogger is entitled to his opinion and all that but there are a few obvious things :

1) He's obviously a console gamer , he was "confused" by the PC controls? As a PC gamer It takes me all of maybe 12 seconds to get use to 99 percent of FPS controls for whatever game I'm playing.

2) He claims that all the hype is what provoked his interest in even trying it. Have any of you not heard of Battlefield before Battlefield 3 was announced? There have been 4 Battlefield games for consoles so far and he acts as if he's never of the series (since I'm assuming he's a console gamer). Not really the kind of guy you really want to give you an opinion on a series like BF.

This is why the majority of us read reviews/previews from trusted sources. We would rather hear opinions from informed sources that are actually interested in the games they try and not bewildered instead.

No, I reserve the right to call someone an idiot who thinks that Britney Spears is better than the Beatles. Who thinks that Episode I was better than Episode VI. Who thinks LimpBizkit is better than Tool. Who thinks that Halo is better than BF1942.

The above people who think those things are called morons. And I have a right to my opinion to say the above.

Empire Strikes back is definitely better than Return of the Jedi. Just saying...

Anyway, I hope BF3 is good just to put some pressure on Activision. I'd also be ecstatic if it didn't have DRM (I think TW2 did a good job with the whole gog release, they could do something similar via their digital distrubtion system & steam), so that's nice to hear about people liking it at E3. Here's hoping for mod tools too.

1) He's obviously a console gamer , he was "confused" by the PC controls? As a PC gamer It takes me all of maybe 12 seconds to get use to 99 percent of FPS controls for whatever game I'm playing.

pretty sure all of us thought this guy had an IQ of 2 after reading this... seriously the ONLY game to date that's confused me with its controls.... is Assasin's Creed on the PC --if you've tried it, you know what i mean. Holy fuck.

why is what some random blogger said newsworthy? thats barely one notch above a youtube comment

Well he is providing a prime example of why CODMW3 will probably still outsell BF3.

Because most people who play video games use consoles. Most of the people who only play consoles are stupid as shit. Its really that simple. Clearly this blogger fits into the "only plays consoles" category.

DINO RIDERS!

I had the T-Rex, the Deinonychus (which was what the popular depiction of the Velociraptor - like from Jurassic Park - actually is) and the Diplodocus.

Next Battlefield game: Battlefield 65,000,142BC

Likening Limp Bizkit to CoD and BF to Tool puts you in the same category as the people you're making fun of. Very bad analogy.

I look at all of the people all up on BF3's nuts and think the same thing you're thinking now that I come to think of it. The gameplay in the BF series is so overrated it's not even funny.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Tons of combat shown in this video preview but it was hard to tell if it was a cut-scene or gameplay.

How can you confuse this? The games graphics look decent... But, the cgi is clearly better then the gameplay. Also this is clearly a best buy employee guy who clearly plays nothing but COD (since its da best game ever amirite?) This makes me hate best buy more.

Honestly, I don't know how this thread got to 4 pages, it's starting to lend the BB Blogger some kind of credibility or something that we'd take his opinions seriously enough to waste 4 pages on it.

Back