BF3 "looked boring and unimpressive" says BEST BUY blogger

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
LOL this guy is talking about that tank video. http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-the-Plug-in-Blog/Plug-in-E3-EA-Press-Conference/ba-p/22426

They showed some live game play but the first minute or so was just a boring ride through the desert. Once they got to some combat, it wasn’t super impressive…as it was just the demonstrator shooting at other tanks in the distance. I wonder why they chose to show this level! It seemed to go on for way too long. For a game that was supposed to be the next big thing (and who knows, it still might be), it really didn’t impress me much.

UPDATE:

He got some hands on with it today and he still does not like it. He was also confused about how to control the game with a PC.

So that said, the demo I got to play was a multiplayer version of the game and it was on PCs. That threw me for a loop as I had a hard time knowing which button did what (I mean, I can navigate around easily enough - I'm a noob, not an idiot...well that's up for debate I guess). To me this game felt like every single other First Person Shooter. There were army guys crouching and running and hiding behind sandbags; there were enemies peering from around posts and through windows of nearby buildings; there was respawning (a lot, in my case) and a lot of me catching up to the rest of the gang.

Last edited:
Wow, there's some hard hitting credibility! A Best Buy blogger! Whew, let me catch my breath.

Gonna cancel my preorder right away!

Seriously though, the one thing I can take away from this is sometimes the choice of demo material with games at some of these shows makes you scratch your head.

It's pretty sad if anyone can really come away from a game like this with this kind of impression.

He was more excited about the shitty annual console sports games. Kinda says a lot for his opinion right there.

Whatever. The tank video was EVERYTHING we expected to see: we have already seen footage "on foot", it was time for some vehicle love.

And let me tell you something: graphics quality looked awesome in that desert, spectacular.

That's the kind of people that can't play these modern games. If they have to slow down to absorb a story or anything, they get lost.

Dumb ass.

black_b[ ]x;1037364256 said:
did he not see the dinosaur?

ROFL.

That really made me lol. G1 dude.

On a more serious note I have a feeling the blogger is more excited about the new zomgwtfpwnbbq madden 2012. Ya man!!22!2$$%@@1!! Imma get my madden on this august and give EA another 60 bucks like a schmuck, since I do it every year!!@@11!

Ya man...

BF3 = lame

Madden 2012 = teh awesomenessessess!!

:rolleyes:

/sigh

Thinking about it, the BF3 demo was very boring. DICE totally should have had cars, tanks, helicopters, buildings, submarines, asteroids and mushroom clouds all flying directly at the player's face to break up the monotony. :rolleyes:

Thinking about it, the BF3 demo was very boring. DICE totally should have had cars, tanks, helicopters, buildings, submarines, asteroids and mushroom clouds all flying directly at the player's face to break up the monotony. :rolleyes:

And zombies.

;)

Yep...can't have an exciting game without zombies. Or DICE could be really groundbreaking and include vampires and werewolves in there too. They already put in a dinosaur...

Someone wants to make a mod or something on the side with that stuff I'd play it. :p

The Best Buy blogger more excited about the game that is guaranteed to sell a ton of units? I am both shocked and appalled.

LOL.

We could easily have a new viral rumor started as a result of this thread.

DICE to include Dinosaur's as easter eggs throughout the BF3 maps!! Stay tuned for more info. hehe

...the first minute or so was just a boring ride through the desert
One minute exceeds the typical console gamer's attention span. In a console game, you have about seven seconds before you completely lose the player's attention and he or she stares at the nearest wall and begins to drool uncontrollably.

One minute exceeds the typical console gamer's attention span. In a console game, you have about seven seconds before you completely lose the player's attention and he or she stares at the nearest wall and begins to drool uncontrollably

LMAO :D

One minute exceeds the typical console gamer's attention span. In a console game, you have about seven seconds before you completely lose the player's attention and he or she stares at the nearest wall and begins to drool uncontrollably.

LOL of the day :D

Best thread ever.

I think Best Buy need to start investing in eye care for their employees because this guy clearly doesn't have full use of his eyes.

So... Call of Duty?

Bahahahahaha. Classic.

Hey I disnt know erf was a BB employee ;)

I keed I keed erf. All in good fun!

And a bunch of these: http://youtu.be/jAvYQSsGdMw

The funny thing is there are probably a couple of design/marketing people at Activision/IW who wouldn't have picked up on the satire here until the typhoon part.

Seems like this generation of gamers have serious ADD and have been programmed to only accept hardcore deathmatch-style

and spiderman.

I would agree with all of this except the drooling.

How many of you guys would enjoy sitting on the couch with 3 of your friends, drinking beer, and staring at your soldier in a truck driving down the road for a minute straight? Not really that much fun, and the interests of pc and console gamers are pretty different.

That being said, (most) console games are still dumbed down pieces of shit that should probably be classified as interactive movies instead of video games.

How many of you guys would enjoy sitting on the couch with 3 of your friends, drinking beer, and staring at your soldier in a truck driving down the road for a minute straight? Not really that much fun, and the interests of pc and console gamers are pretty different.

Hold the phone... 3 friends? It's rare to even find good co-op anymore, 2 of these friends are bored regardless.

ROFL.

That really made me lol. G1 dude.

On a more serious note I have a feeling the blogger is more excited about the new zomgwtfpwnbbq madden 2012. Ya man!!22!2$$%@@1!! Imma get my madden on this august and give EA another 60 bucks like a schmuck, since I do it every year!!@@11!

Ya man...

BF3 = lame

Madden 2012 = teh awesomenessessess!!

:rolleyes:

/sigh
Don't you know? They're made from the same engine.

Overall, since I’m not much of a sports video game fan, I was still impressed with all the games EA announced and showcased. So far we’re 2 for 2 with regards to awesome press conferences!
Last time I checked, Star Wars, and BF3 aren't sports games.. I think... Well, they do have a lot of running.

That being said, (most) console games are still dumbed down pieces of shit that should probably be classified as interactive movies instead of video games.

Even cod is extremely boring most of the time when I go to a friends house or they come over. Only fun occasionally, so tbh with friends why play video games, you can do that by yourself. So I would like to see the truck drive for a minute.

Its Worst Buy, what did you expect?

A whole fucking minute??? I doesn't have 2 meny minutes 2 spare. This game is going 2 b shit, waste my fucking menuts will ya??

Don't forget the BOOBS!

idiots...the dude must be at least partially blind and completely retarded.

There's a pretty wild ass mod or mods that could be made with a collection of the ideas that have come up in this thread so far. ;)

Back