BF3 "looked boring and unimpressive" says BEST BUY blogger

You bought a genmay sub but you still haven't learned.

I was just going to tell him :D

now if they added dinosaurs, zombies, monsters and Crysis warhead aliens or even made it an FPS/RTS game like Natural Selection 2 and gave the player the ability to cast spells, mount turrets or summon an army of green skeletons and added some maps where you can surf on lava and ride dragons, Mr 1 minute before the attack was boring will probably say that it’s not realistic.

That's the kind of people that can't play these modern games. If they have to slow down to absorb a story or anything, they get lost.

Dumb ass.

Sadly that's the kind of person video game developers seem to cater towards now.

I wonder if this guy played the alpha

Nice necro!

The issue with this is the same issue that Worst Buy has in general. Lack of knowledgeable staff. They send this guy to E3 to cover BF3 and he has zero PC gaming knowledge? So much so that he had a hard time figuring out a mouse/keyboard control scheme.

This is just one of many reasons why I will never ever visit or buy anything from Worst Buy again. The sooner they file for bankruptcy and die a slow painful death, the better off we'll all be.

Nice necro!

The issue with this is the same issue that Worst Buy has in general. Lack of knowledgeable staff. They send this guy to E3 to cover BF3 and he has zero PC gaming knowledge? So much so that he had a hard time figuring out a mouse/keyboard control scheme.

This is just one of many reasons why I will never ever visit or buy anything from Worst Buy again. The sooner they file for bankruptcy and die a slow painful death, the better off we'll all be.

I'd be soooo happy if all the Best Buy's were replaced with Fry's or Microcenters.. Oh what a wonderful world it would be.

I'm surprised this guy is getting so much attention... so a game's not for everyone, big deal :/ at least he is open to being labeled an idiot...

There's no reason to call the guy and idiot and start flaming about consoles vs. pcs. He's obviously ignorant about what the Battlefield series is all about, and the significance of vehicles and vehicle transport in the overall flow of the game.

I can see where someone who's only ever played CoD would be bored by spending a couple minutes as the passenger in a tank; he doesn't have any idea how much carnage he's about to unleash and what role that vehicle is going to play in the flow of battle.

Hey guys - I'm the idiot blogger you're all talking about! Please understand that I meant no disrespect when I expressed my opinion. I used to like first person shooters, but I couldn't keep up with the skill set necessary to compete. It's true I only play console games - not sure why really. Probably because I'm a moron I guess. :)

My gaming tastes have lead me to play more single player action adventure type games like Gears of War, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Infamous, Demon Souls etc... I don't claim to be a uber gamer, but I really do enjoy gaming.

As for BF3, I will stand by my original opinion in that I wasn't very impressed with it. It's true I never played any previous BF game as it wasn't my cup of tea - and yes I am very much a noob when using the keyboard controls - having had almost zero experience gaming on a PC! I accept all your ridicule you throw my way! :) As for BF3 though, it looked great, but it really did feel like every other FPS game I've ever played. Since I'm not experienced in that field of gaming, I can't appreciate any of the nuances or differences that this game brings compared to previous iterations or any other FPS.

Bottom line - don't take my opinion to mean anything - because it really doesn't. At least when talking about FPS! Probably not much when it comes to anything else either.

I'm guessing he played the alpha version that I did, in which case the control thing is a stupid point to be made as the build was so early that no key bind options were present nor was a list of controls in game. This game has a semi steep learning curve, your probably not going to make a smooth transition from bc2 to this. The pacing is completely different.

The beta is so buggy and unfun. The final game better have much more to offer.

Back