BF3 for $41.99 at Amazon

So what's the deal with this @_@
I pre-ordered the dvd copy from amazon.

Will the dvd and downloadable copy both run through origin?

I guess or I hope I can cancel my physical copy and get this instead.

Just cancel your DVD copy. I believe all will have to run through Origin regardless of where you bought it.

Sweet.. Finally got to use the $10 certificate I got a while back and not have to wait for shipping.

you guys think an Amazon order would allow you to "preload" it like with an Origin purchase?
I was wondering about that as well, since you have to use origin, but I wonder where you would download it. I'm guessing they give you the key at 10am

This item will be released on October 25, 2011 at 10:00 AM (US/Pacific)

Good price. I guess if they give you a key you could just plug it into origin? I did the same thing through steam with Deus Ex:HR so maybe? Guess it depends on when you get a key.

well I got in on the $45 orders with a birthday code so I might just keep that. I don't care so much about playing the second it comes out but more about securing my username quickly.

This appears to work for Canadians. I've had trouble in the past ordering games for download from Amazon.com but this has gone smoothly. They say they won't charge until the release date. I hope they don't then refuse my purchase. I don't want to lose out on the pre-order perks.

edit: Hey! 10 years!

well I got in on the $45 orders with a birthday code so I might just keep that. I don't care so much about playing the second it comes out but more about securing my username quickly.

Same here. I got it using birthday code, too. I got dead space 2 with it so no biggie losing couple dollars of this deal. Great deal for those that haven't ordered yet.

I've never used Amazon for digital games, does it require you to install a program like steam to run? Or will it just be a cdkey for origin?

I've never used Amazon for digital games, does it require you to install a program like steam to run? Or will it just be a cdkey for origin?
I'm not sure but for comparison, I didn't Crysis 2 and BFBC2 but it still activated on Origin.

They will provide a way to DL and a cdkey. But since the game requires Origin.. You can just install Origin and DL it there. That way you don't have to use 2 services.

in for 1. Been waiting for Amazon to blow Steam and Origin out of the water for digital games.

my digital crysis 2 on amazon installed on Origin fine btw

EA Origin accepts all digital download keys regardless of where you bought it from (there is a bug involving older keys though, which need to be activated through CSR).

So feel free to buy EA games where you get the best deal, since the end product will be the same.

This appears to work for Canadians. I've had trouble in the past ordering games for download from Amazon.com but this has gone smoothly. They say they won't charge until the release date. I hope they don't then refuse my purchase. I don't want to lose out on the pre-order perks.

edit: Hey! 10 years!

Did they charge tax?

I've been wanting to try Amazon Downloads, but they apparently did not sell to Canada. This is actually a slightly better deal then where I have it preordered due to the "dog tag" pack.

thx

canceled my dvd and got this, good deal on a brand new game

They will provide a way to DL and a cdkey. But since the game requires Origin.. You can just install Origin and DL it there. That way you don't have to use 2 services.

Thanks. Ordering now.

Do you know if the key is region locked?

I ask, because I have a bank account in the US, but I am currently living in EU.

killed my origin order and went in on this, great price.

canceled my origin pre order and bought it from amazon. thanks op for saving 20bucks.

Thanks for posting, this saved me some flow!!!! :)

according to this: http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3...g=backgroundcolor-20&ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block

there is always an option to install on origin.
also, supposedly it will come out on steam as well (check bf3blog website for updates)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Did they charge tax?

I've been wanting to try Amazon Downloads, but they apparently did not sell to Canada. This is actually a slightly better deal then where I have it preordered due to the "dog tag" pack.

I was mistaken. I forgot that I had changed the address in my account profile to a UPS store in NY. Still no love for Canada.

I've been thinking about ordering from here but it seems shady. It seems like they're trying to be legit but there's no guarantee you'll get your key in a timely manner.

I put a preorder in. Was gonna buy it on EA Origins with the coupon thing but hey, this is cheaper. Since they don't charge until due date, I have plenty of options and time to cancel.

wow, BF3 pc digital #1 on amazon games. Even with the deal we hardly ever see a pc game on the top unless it's a WoW xpac. must be [H]ot

lol

increase 2,726,400% on amazon last 24 hrs
Sales rank: 1 (was 27,265)

No sales taxes too, thank youuuuu!

Did they charge tax?

No taxes! I order from the link above.... good luck, but I think it depends on your location/area and if the shipping zone is close than most likely, yes, tax for you. For over 95% of buyers about, it will NOT be taxed though :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back