BF3 Beta Caspian Border, full 21 minute round gameplay

SirMaster

2[H]4U
So I got to play some BF3 Beta last night and thought I would share with you the epic gameplay I recorded for everyone.

This is gameplay from Caspian Border, so I know all of you want to see what the real game is going to be like and not just OP Metro.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp2cFVc2kYA&hd=1

*EDIT*
Much better quality source video!

http://people.msoe.edu/~oldroydn/Good round.mp4

New Youtube upload with better quality, letterbox though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAJBz6rI2n0&hd=1

Score from the end of the round :)
bf3_score_small.jpg

Last edited:
way to be a bad ass, i get all excited when my k:d is >= 0 lol :) Its amazing how good this map looks though.

well this just looks fun as hell. i like that there's a flag capture point in the middle of a wooded area, should be fun to defend. it looks like BF3 will be the next game i sink all my time into :)

Thanks.

I play at 16:10, 1920x1200 and recorded at half res, 960x600 so it wont trigger 720p. I will try to re-upload at a higher resolution though.

Wow, looks awesome.
Gives me the chill when you see jets fly by :)

And I lol'ed hard @the chopper crashing in the tree at the start

not sure if this is good but here is mine, 16:10, 1680x1050 and recorded at half size too (fraps) then used 1280×720 when converting it to mp4 with tmpgenc. I can remove the black bars in the sides but that will stretch the image. btw great video.

I love random moments when like you're walking along and then someone flys a chopper into a tree or a building haha.

Man can't wait to play this game on thursday!

OK, uploaded the source video for much better quality.

http://people.msoe.edu/~oldroydn/Good round.mp4

Thank. You. Sir. :D

The amount of awesomeness in that vid was orgasmic. That looks infinitely more fun than Rush and Op Metro.

I lol'ed at the first chat and death. Happens all the time, doesn't it? hehe

I loved the AT slug through the barrier for the kill. Awesome. :)

The explosions of vehicles look incredible!

Are you an ea tester? How did you get caspian border?

a Dice rep gave out the password to all Caspian Border servers. the new password is supposed to be Appletini, though i'm at work and haven't tested it myself.

well this just looks fun as hell. i like that there's a flag capture point in the middle of a wooded area, should be fun to defend. it looks like BF3 will be the next game i sink all my time into :)

It IS fun as hell... (apologies for the JPG compression)

:D

bf3caspian1.jpg

bf3caspian3.jpg

bf3caspian2.jpg

The password that Porter_ mentioned is what I got in to play for a couple of hours with today.

why the F is that map not standard instead of the metro one ? makes no sense.. this is battlefield afterall or ..

Ive tried joining but good luck waiting for a spot to open. It's either full, server not available, server changing map or some other error code preventing you from joining. I'll keep trying though.

I got to play a few rounds, its definately runs better than metro, at least it feels like it does, but man the helicopters feel really different from BC2, I havnt tried them too many times yet, but I couldnt get the 'feel' for it yet, felt like i was moving really really slow

This game looks fun, but I'm not blown away or "jizzing" anything. It all looks like a game I've played before. The lack of mod support always comes back into my mind when I watch these videos. At least they are going for a more realistic approach to the gameplay than previous games in the series, so that should make it hold my interest much longer than a super-arcadey type version.

Played some Caspian Border... It was bad ass. I only got to fly a helicopter for a bit because I couldn't uninvert the controls and it was really hard for me.

Not impressed. Still very much like most shooters out there already, only with a couple cosmetic and minor gameplay tweaks.

flew the jets earlier, Using k/b mouse combo, I was easily able to get off the ground and dogfight right off the bat, took a couple keypresses to see what did what, but it was very simple to me it seemed, had a lot of fun when I played, shot a couple planes/helos out of the sky

flew the jets earlier, Using k/b mouse combo, I was easily able to get off the ground and dogfight right off the bat, took a couple keypresses to see what did what, but it was very simple to me it seemed, had a lot of fun when I played, shot a couple planes/helos out of the sky

What were your keybindings? Defaults or custom?

The password is "shoppingcartsareagoodride" but I get:
"Can't join, this server is changing map, please try again soon. "

Last edited:
NDA aint for people who weren't supposed to have access, thanx OP. DICE open up caspian for everyone we want it now :)

Back