BF3 Beta Caspian Border, full 21 minute round gameplay

SirMaster

2[H]4U
So I got to play some BF3 Beta last night and thought I would share with you the epic gameplay I recorded for everyone.

This is gameplay from Caspian Border, so I know all of you want to see what the real game is going to be like and not just OP Metro.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp2cFVc2kYA&hd=1

*EDIT*
Much better quality source video!

http://people.msoe.edu/~oldroydn/Good round.mp4

New Youtube upload with better quality, letterbox though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAJBz6rI2n0&hd=1

Score from the end of the round :)

Last edited:

xenios

Gawd
way to be a bad ass, i get all excited when my k:d is >= 0 lol :) Its amazing how good this map looks though.

Porter_

Supreme [H]ardness
well this just looks fun as hell. i like that there's a flag capture point in the middle of a wooded area, should be fun to defend. it looks like BF3 will be the next game i sink all my time into :)

SirMaster

2[H]4U
Thanks.

I play at 16:10, 1920x1200 and recorded at half res, 960x600 so it wont trigger 720p. I will try to re-upload at a higher resolution though.

Vorret

[H]ard|Gawd
Wow, looks awesome.
Gives me the chill when you see jets fly by :)

And I lol'ed hard @the chopper crashing in the tree at the start

firas

2[H]4U
not sure if this is good but here is mine, 16:10, 1680x1050 and recorded at half size too (fraps) then used 1280×720 when converting it to mp4 with tmpgenc. I can remove the black bars in the sides but that will stretch the image. btw great video.

Blubikins

Gawd
I love random moments when like you're walking along and then someone flys a chopper into a tree or a building haha.

Man can't wait to play this game on thursday!

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
OK, uploaded the source video for much better quality.

http://people.msoe.edu/~oldroydn/Good round.mp4
Thank. You. Sir. :D

The amount of awesomeness in that vid was orgasmic. That looks infinitely more fun than Rush and Op Metro.

I lol'ed at the first chat and death. Happens all the time, doesn't it? hehe

I loved the AT slug through the barrier for the kill. Awesome. :)

The explosions of vehicles look incredible!

Porter_

Supreme [H]ardness
Are you an ea tester? How did you get caspian border?
a Dice rep gave out the password to all Caspian Border servers. the new password is supposed to be Appletini, though i'm at work and haven't tested it myself.

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
well this just looks fun as hell. i like that there's a flag capture point in the middle of a wooded area, should be fun to defend. it looks like BF3 will be the next game i sink all my time into :)
It IS fun as hell... (apologies for the JPG compression)

:D

The password that Porter_ mentioned is what I got in to play for a couple of hours with today.

Mortuus

[H]ard|Gawd
why the F is that map not standard instead of the metro one ? makes no sense.. this is battlefield afterall or ..

SpinCykle

Weaksauce
Ive tried joining but good luck waiting for a spot to open. It's either full, server not available, server changing map or some other error code preventing you from joining. I'll keep trying though.

evanisthecoastie

Supreme [H]ardness
I got to play a few rounds, its definately runs better than metro, at least it feels like it does, but man the helicopters feel really different from BC2, I havnt tried them too many times yet, but I couldnt get the 'feel' for it yet, felt like i was moving really really slow

PoopsMacClaude

Limp Gawd
This game looks fun, but I'm not blown away or "jizzing" anything. It all looks like a game I've played before. The lack of mod support always comes back into my mind when I watch these videos. At least they are going for a more realistic approach to the gameplay than previous games in the series, so that should make it hold my interest much longer than a super-arcadey type version.

Valshistixol

[H]ard|Gawd
Played some Caspian Border... It was bad ass. I only got to fly a helicopter for a bit because I couldn't uninvert the controls and it was really hard for me.

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Not impressed. Still very much like most shooters out there already, only with a couple cosmetic and minor gameplay tweaks.

evanisthecoastie

Supreme [H]ardness
flew the jets earlier, Using k/b mouse combo, I was easily able to get off the ground and dogfight right off the bat, took a couple keypresses to see what did what, but it was very simple to me it seemed, had a lot of fun when I played, shot a couple planes/helos out of the sky

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness
flew the jets earlier, Using k/b mouse combo, I was easily able to get off the ground and dogfight right off the bat, took a couple keypresses to see what did what, but it was very simple to me it seemed, had a lot of fun when I played, shot a couple planes/helos out of the sky
What were your keybindings? Defaults or custom?

mADASS

n00b
The password is "shoppingcartsareagoodride" but I get:
"Can't join, this server is changing map, please try again soon. "

Last edited:
NDA aint for people who weren't supposed to have access, thanx OP. DICE open up caspian for everyone we want it now :)