BF2 will not work on XP Pro x64 plssss help

Vlad_13

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm runing Xp Pro x64, i just instaled BF2 and it says "please insert your Battlefield installer 2 cd into drive and click retry ..."

I tried updating SafeDisk, new InstallShield..some settings with my CD drive and I read everything on EA support on this topic, all they have is some basic crap.

I do have a original copy CD copy of BF2. And yes i'm putting a CD1 in.

Pls help, any one?

I have x64 and it works just fine =/ Try downloading a crack if all fails, as you own the original CD it is legal

Tylerdurdened said:
I have x64 and it works just fine =/ Try downloading a crack if all fails, as you own the original CD it is legal

if he does that he'll get kicked constantly by punkbuster.

It does sound like a conflict with SafeDisc.

Tried using an image and DaemonTools? (pretty sure latest version of DTools runs in x64..?)

banGerprawN said:
Tried using an image and DaemonTools? (pretty sure latest version of DTools runs in x64..?)

PunkBuster will kick me as soon as i will join online with DaemonTools runing :(

I just need to fix this "insert original cd BS..."

plssss help, i want to play BF2 :( it was like 2 months last time i played this game :( caz of my new build i didnt have a gaming rig.

Vlad_13 said:
plssss help, i want to play BF2 :( it was like 2 months last time i played this game :( caz of my new build i didnt have a gaming rig.

You were the idiot who bought the poorly supported windows x64 in the first place and are now surprised when something doesn't work. Like someone else said use a crack or install a regular version of xp other than that there's not alot you can do.

tisb0b said:
You were the idiot who bought the poorly supported windows x64 in the first place and are now surprised when something doesn't work. Like someone else said use a crack or install a regular version of xp other than that there's not alot you can do.
x64 is not poorly supported, maybe it is when it comes to cameras and printers, but obviously he doesn't need printer drivers to stop this error... this could happen in 32 bit just like it happens in 64... my dad thinks that Linux is all broken and shitty because his sound didn't work right out of the box, well rofl, I reinstalled Windows for him and it didn't work right out of the box either.. x64 is fine, it's people like you that push it back

Easy there, and dont call people names here alright?

I fixed it by getting DaemonTools x64 and puted a miniImage on it, works like a charm.
Thank you all for your help :)

Use Daemon Tools 4.03 (latest) and get a Mini Image for the game, I dont think punkbuster catches that, and again it's perfectly legal if you own the game.

Vlad_13 said:
Easy there, and dont call people names here alright?

I fixed it by getting DaemonTools x64 and puted a miniImage on it, works like a charm.
Thank you all for your help :)

heh congrats :)

Back