BF2 Weapon of choice?

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
Just wondering what are your weapons of choice? I've also noticed that some weapons seem more accurate and/or powerful than others. Any word on this? I'm lookin' for input, people! :) Personally, I like the special forces main weapon on the USMC side...

I'm digging the M16 on Single shot for long distance or 3 round burst for close up. I used to love playing engineers but I hate the shotgun :(.

1. The tank
2. The anti tank missle
3. The grenade launcher
4. The spec-ops gun
5. The assult gun
6. The APC weapons

SouthPaw72 said:
I'm digging the M16 on Single shot for long distance or 3 round burst for close up. I used to love playing engineers but I hate the shotgun :(.

Maybe there's a good unlockable kit for the engineer. Dunno because I didn't get to try it.

I'm the Dude said:
Maybe there's a good unlockable kit for the engineer. Dunno because I didn't get to try it.

I believe it is a jackhammer... which is an auto shotgun. Still useless at range over 20 feet in this game.

I'm the Dude said:

Its another shotgun, however it is an auto-shotgun.

might be more weapons. the kit unlock screen in bfhq DOES have a set of scroll buttons, and the tutorial does say that its whatever weapon you chose in bfhq. MAYBE... just maybe... engineers will get a smg or something.

however, given the amount of shortcomings bf2 has, it wouldn't surprise me if one unlockable weapon per kit is it. if its just those unlocked weapons, they're not very special at all, played with them on the now blacklisted servers that modified the simple python files.

Sniper rifle (MEC more than USMC). First of all you have to accept the fact that unless you can line up a headshot, its not 1 shot, 1 kill.
Knowing that you can school people with the MEC sniper, the USMC sniper is a bit harder but its really fun to sit in the orchard and shoot the guys as they walk between the bases on the beach.

I also like the Special Forces setup. C4 is so much fun. Thier rifle is also simple to use and very handy.

pistol222 said:
Wow, that's some great teamwork there... :rolleyes:
Ok Pistol222 who for some reason is objecting to me using a pistol. Am I the only one who sees the irony?

Really you have to shoot people to get the jet, because if you don't, not only will you not get the jet, but the jet will slightly graze your body when the person takes off, killing you instantly. I dont like dieing.

I presume he's not being serious. If he really is one of the people who ruin the BF games like this then he's going to find himself banned/kicked from pretty much every server that doesn't have "RET@RD PLAYGROWND LOL AMX MOD THING" in the title

Wally said:
I presume he's not being serious. If he really is one of the people who ruin the BF games like this then he's going to find himself banned/kicked from pretty much every server that doesn't have "RET@RD PLAYGROWND LOL AMX MOD THING" in the title

Yes, I would *hope* the post wasn't serious, but it's hard to tell sometimes... :p

I've had people TK me when going for a jet. ignorant fucks, that kind of crap totally ruins the game. What really pisses me off was the same guy did it to me 6 times, and the first time I killed his ass for it, I got banned...if anything keeps me from buying a game,..it's crap like that. The server's need to have an autoban feature if the person has more than a set amount of TK's. That way, the garbage is taken out automatically.

So what do you all think the best weapon is for killing people close range? i.e. - Less than 10m or so... And how about long range? I'm not looking for any vehicle weapons, just hand-carried ones.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
So what do you all think the best weapon is for killing people close range? i.e. - Less than 10m or so... And how about long range? I'm not looking for any vehicle weapons, just hand-carried ones.

Well at that range, you're stuck with whatever is in your hands...unless your foe is slow, or doesn't see you. Any auto weapon on 3 shot burst to the head.

I've only been playing the demo on Single player and it's pretty fun. Kind of boring because the AI is somewhat always the same but it depends on what you do.

I like any of the shotguns for close action. They are one shot one kill so thats handy. A neat trick is to sprint up to the computer AI and jump towards them while they are practically firing blanks at you (because they miss a lot) and then land in front of them and BLAMO they die then turn around and shoot their mates.

It sucks I can only play the singleplayer demo on 16 man server with the bots around cause I miss out on all the fun planes/choppers.

The trick is on the 16 man layout is this:
If you are playing:
MEC: Capture the flag right next to the USMC base, then fall back and get the one closes to the MEC base. Typically you can then just pound down on the last USMC flag at the botton and you can be a medic with the "special" weapon and have a field day picking them off running at you in the open and revive your guys. Not to mention your bot teamates can revive you if you die.

USMC: Capture the MEC home flag, then the second one from their home flag and in most cases for me the MEC just go grab your home flag and you basically get the 2nd one from the USMC Starting one next and you have the same scenario to pop shot the MECs and capture all the flags.

Overall I like the one shot weapons (Special forces, medic special) and just picking them off in the head the best.

theyre all good - i prefer semi-auto versus full automatic. I had a good time with the shotgun too, range is lousy but thats to be expected.

I'm a big fan of the Spec Ops loadout, but I've found usually play Assault for the grenade launcher (great for those buggies).

The TV guided missiles are fun, IF the person flying the helicopter isn't an idiot.

Here is what usually happens:
1: Pilot flies to a sopt and jumps out while you are looking for targets or firing a TV guided missile. CRASH

2: Simply Crashes

3: Fly around and even if there are two tanks and an APC in front of him to shoot, flies over them and circles around the map, and enventually... CRASH.

4: Focuses more on landing the helicopter at a contested flag instead of providing air support

5: Crashes

6: Not trying to avoid AA Missiles. *CRASH*

Though with a good pilot working with the gunner a team, it can be great fun and highly effective. Very fun to shoot down the enemy helicopter with the TV guided missle, heh.

aranaxon said:
I got killled by a computer using the defribulators yesterday :(

HA! I did too! It was really embarassing. I thought it was a team mate coming to help me or something.

The tanks, followed by the APC's. Going out to the carrier in a submersible AFV and base raping the American team once all the flags taken is priceless. The assault kit grenade launcher also rocks.

The most useless weapons have to be the infantry support weapons, the PKM and M249. Unless you're laying prone and stationary you can't hit squat unless you get close enough to use a knife, and doing the former will get you offed by a sniper, helo, or AFV more often than not.

I almost always play the medic, so whichever those are on either side. Medics are my favorite by far so far... useful to the team, decent weapon, grenades, and they can rack up a ton of points on top of that. I usually get into the 30s in a 12 min game.

-Sean Casey said:

Though with a good pilot working with the gunner a team, it can be great fun and highly effective. Very fun to shoot down the enemy helicopter with the TV guided missle, heh.

I would say I'm quite a good pilot. Assuming I get a decent gunner he will get A LOT of kills on the map, usually the most of anyone on the server. (and I will get the most assist points)

but after awhile I get tired of flying, and want to be the gunner. But everyone else sucks at flying :(

Wally said:
LOL.... yes i was kidding... Glad someone noticed.

On a serious note, they really need to think about fixing the team killing, especially accidental team killing by vehicles. Damn that is a fun game though.

Sniper rifle all the way.... even though it sucks in this game... ;)

BAH! your last few words cover it : "it sucks in this game..."

give me the Spec Ops site on the 3rnd burst mode M-16 = killing fields between beach flags

i'll assume the official game can turn OFF TK ( but wheres the fun in that :D )
i wish the exterior of all vehicles weren't COVERED WITH RAZOR BLADES though

Minigun on the Seahawk when I've got antitank players next to me.

I did manage to shoot 2 people out of a seahawk while it was moving using the mec sniper rifle though. That made me giggle. Commanders without scan = sniper heaven

Tygerwoody said:
Ok Pistol222 who for some reason is objecting to me using a pistol. Am I the only one who sees the irony?

Really you have to shoot people to get the jet, because if you don't, not only will you not get the jet, but the jet will slightly graze your body when the person takes off, killing you instantly. I dont like dieing.
He was suggesting that your a teamkiller and thus a useless person in the game and a waste of bandwidth. Heres an idea...if someone gets a jet move out of the way. Works every time for me ;)

OEM said:
Heres an idea...if someone gets a jet move out of the way. Works every time for me ;)

ok...if you continue to bring logic into this we'll just quit arguing!
:p

my fave wep?

SU-34 :D
I'm a pretty nasty dogfighter and bomber.
But, I'm really starting to get into the Anti-Tank missle.
And C4 is just a blast too.

I find the spread on the M4 to be extremly annoying tho.

Back