BF2 vs Crysis WH graphics maxed out at 2560 x 1600 56k warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omerta

[H]ard|Gawd
So I was playing both, and I couldn't help but think BF2 looked better in some cases and also ran much smoother.

Link to the screenshots: http://genevapizzagrill.com/crysisbf2/

What do you guys think? Am I just seeing things?

Last edited:
you should get some mods for crysis and it will look better. The lighting and colors in BFBC2 seem more artistic and colorful. I would say that crysis looks better in the overall picture (maybe not this one), but BFBC2 is no slacker on looks its very nice, i just wish AA worked properly.

BC2 or BFBC2, not BF2

Also, bitmaps?

Anyway, BC2 is a beautiful (and newer game) so these results aren't surprising.

BC2 game engine is pretty awesome IMO. Very good depiction of different environments. Dirty game world FTW. Destructible environments, much more / better than crysis. Really can't say enough about the game.

Posting them is favor enough. They're very high quality screenshots, and there's too many of them for me to convert.

If that's the case then thumbnail your images. You're not doing anyone favors by posting in BMP. That first image is nearly 12MB

BC2 cheats on a lot of things, for example the god rays coming through the trees I'm fairly sure are static, they're in one direction and thats it. In Crysis things like that are done dynamically and change as you move relative to the trees/sun.

The shadows in Crysis are higher resolution, the textures are for the most part as well. BFBC2s main problem is its lighting, that's one of Cryteks stronger points, shadows and lighting are done in real time, everything in BFBC2 is more or less statically made, it's not a bad thing as such but it does explain the difference is visual fidelity vs frame rate.

That's also not a particuarly flattering screenshot from crysis.

If that's the case then thumbnail your images. You're not doing anyone favors by posting in BMP. That first image is nearly 12MB

Fair enough. I removed the screenshots. If people want, they can just go to link with the directory of all the screenshots.

the problem with the screenshot size is that your server is choking on the load

I think the original Crysis looks better than WH. WH seems to grainy to me compared to the original.

BC2 cheats on a lot of things, for example the god rays coming through the trees I'm fairly sure are static, they're in one direction and thats it. In Crysis things like that are done dynamically and change as you move relative to the trees/sun.

The shadows in Crysis are higher resolution, the textures are for the most part as well. BFBC2s main problem is its lighting, that's one of Cryteks stronger points, shadows and lighting are done in real time, everything in BFBC2 is more or less statically made, it's not a bad thing as such but it does explain the difference is visual fidelity vs frame rate.

That's also not a particuarly flattering screenshot from crysis.

BFBC2 lighting is pretty bad and yes the god rays are static, at the beginning of Val parsiosiasoa of whatever you can see them coming out of the mountain side. I love BC2 but saying it looks better than Crysis is stretching it. Also AA in BC2 is pretty piss poor.

I think Crysis looks alot better than Warhead, which in turn looks better than BC2. I do like how BC2 looks though.

The HP Ultra config for og Crysis is pretty magical, and many people like the Natural Mod too. For vanilla Crysis, I max the sliders and up the contrast by a hair. Looks pro.

Thread title should say 56k / Broadband warning. Fucking bitmaps man I can barely load one of those pictures.

Thread title should say 56k / Broadband warning. Fucking bitmaps man I can barely load one of those pictures.

pics load so slow anyway that I think it's the same for everyone, regardless of connection speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back