BF2 vs BF2142 vs BF3

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone here prefer and still play BF2 or BF2142 over BF3? I have BF2 but haven't played in like 4 years. I really like the commander mode and I understand BF3 does not have it. I also have BF BD2 and I feel like the building destruction isn't really that big of a deal.

nope, both games are good but i quit playing BF2 years ago and BF2142 i quit playing after the second broken beta patch. great game but i just got fed up with the bullshit and lack of support for the game.

It's so hard going back to BF2 now that I'm used to bullets actually registering.

I was playing BF2 up to the day BF3 came out.

Even with the bugs, the STUPID parkoor jumping that half the time doesn't work, the lame voice chat, Over utilization of upgrades, map starting point imbalances (metro), shit mini map, and hackers BF3 is all around a better game than both BF2 and BF2142.

and BF3 should only get better with time.

While I only play BF3 now it is nowhere near the amount of fun I had playing BF2 or 2142. BF3 is too much like the Bad Company games and not enough old school BF. Now if they release a version of 2142 (possibly it will be 2143) with the Frostbite 2 engine and bring back Titan mode I will be all over that.

My personal favourites in the BF series so far have been 1942 and BC2. I played 2142 a bit and enjoyed it, never really got into BF2 and so far I'm not playing much BF3 at all.

I played bf2 recently, and as much as I still prefer the overall feel over bf3, I really noticed a lot of the things that used to be annoying years ago, and it just pisses me off that they never fixed them. Give people 1 less grenade and slow down how fast they get them back from a support kit. Make the animation to put down a claymore last 1-2 seconds. At least dolphin diving was made less viable. The amazing graphics in bf3 are also appreciated, but I think I'll only really appreciate them when I have a rig that can do 60fps at relatively high settings.

Hackers are making BF3 annoying as shit to play now

That sucks. I have over 90hours and only seen about 5 hackers. Some bs deaths but nothing consistent to make it seem like they are cheating. I tend to play on the same few servers.

That sucks. I have over 90hours and only seen about 5 hackers. Some bs deaths but nothing consistent to make it seem like they are cheating. I tend to play on the same few servers.

I normally stick to 1 server but when that server is fully I'll bounce into new ones and that's where I normally find the hackers. Hackers have been in my normal server but they never last more than a round before they be kicked.

Hackers are making BF3 annoying as shit to play now

I normally stick to 1 server but when that server is fully I'll bounce into new ones and that's where I normally find the hackers. Hackers have been in my normal server but they never last more than a round before they be kicked.

Holy fuck! I thought I was reading the official BF3 forums for a second. All the crying about hacks.

You guys know that there are actually a lot fewer hackers than you claim right? Just because someone killed you, doesn't mean that they are hacking... You two must be the guys that come on my server and yell "wtfhax hax!" And when I check who you are complaining about, it's a guy with 5 kills.

Holy fuck! I thought I was reading the official BF3 forums for a second. All the crying about hacks.

You guys know that there are actually a lot fewer hackers than you claim right? Just because someone killed you, doesn't mean that they are hacking... You two must be the guys that come on my server and yell "wtfhax hax!" And when I check who you are complaining about, it's a guy with 5 kills.

Nice story brah..

Bf3 is nice game but should of never been released so soon. Bf2142 was my game but bf3 hopefully will get better.. Though the "Q" will never be fixed :(

BF2142 was cool in concept, but not executed all that well. Tribes 2 was a much better game.

BF3 is just fancy graphics and frostbite 2.BF2 still kicks BF3's ass when it comes to teamplay.That is my biggest complaint with BF3.lack of commander mode, no in game voice chat.the fucked up squads just dont help the cause.

2142 was my favorite so far.
There is something about BF3, i can't put my finger on it, but it's just freaking boring to me. I can't play this game for more than 30 minutes before losing all interest and quit. That has never happened to me before with any previous BF game. Now that i think about it, i enjoyed BC2 more than this, and i never even considered it to be BF game.

I much more preferred 2142. I like the graphics of bf3, but here is my list of why it's not as good.

No commander - commander helped to make or break your team. So naturally, the more strategic people did the best. Dice thinks people are stupid.
4 man Squads - dice thinks people are too stupid and have add... read point above
Comm rose - WTF is this shit. It serves no purpose if the buttons have nothing usefully to say.
Jets are useless - Don't get me started on this.
Everything seems to have an easier learning curve - Dice thinks people are too stupid and have add in order to figure out a game.

I will not be playing again until they increase the intelligence required to play the game.

LOL this is an interesting thread. Of the BF series, I really enjoyed BF42, the first one. It was unique, fresh and provided a team oriented play that included air, sea and land combined forces. MP had dedicated servers, the mods for the game were great, especially Desert Combat. I spent many hours playing that 42 & DC.

However, DICE never really fixed all the bugs with BF42. BF: Viet Nam was a buggy stepping stone to BF2. BF2 didn't live up to the destructible environment hype of the time, but provided a decent tactical team oriented environment. DICE killed the game play dynamics by focusing on perks, weapon unlocks and immortality as one went up in rank. The hit system was totally nerfed and the game was plagued by bugs that they never really addressed.

I never played 21XX, I have BFBC2, not bad, but maps are too small, basic run n gun. The combined arms maps are fun. Regarding BF3, as long as its on EA's Origin, I won't touch it.

My long winded point, is that DICE had a great idea with BF42. Overall, they never really address every bug within their product and they continually drop one project to develop something new, loosely based on where they left off. I had honestly hoped that BF3 would be that open ended sandbox that BF42 was. Unfortunately, those days are gone.

I much more preferred 2142. I like the graphics of bf3, but here is my list of why it's not as good.

No commander - commander helped to make or break your team. So naturally, the more strategic people did the best. Dice thinks people are stupid.
4 man Squads - dice thinks people are too stupid and have add... read point above
Comm rose - WTF is this shit. It serves no purpose if the buttons have nothing usefully to say.
Jets are useless - Don't get me started on this.
Everything seems to have an easier learning curve - Dice thinks people are too stupid and have add in order to figure out a game.

I will not be playing again until they increase the intelligence required to play the game.

just because you understand it doesn't mean the 90% of morons playing the game don't understand it. they still have to cater toward the retarded COD kiddies that don't know shit about team work or what an upgrade is.

you have to remember BF2 is going on being what 6 years old now? thats 6 years of gamers between then and now of people that have never played the game so yes DICE is correct when it comes to dumbing the game down for all those stupid COD kiddies that finally realized activision sucks at making games.

its also not like BF2 started off as this great and amazing game, it took 2-3 years before the game ever got to that point and yet it still suffered from various issues since then. the problem now unlike back then is people are willing to throw a game under the bus the second they don't like something about it. no one has any patience now and thats exactly why BF3 is setup the way it is. as much as i love the giant maps from BF2, kids these days wouldn't be able to handle the 5-8 minutes it took to run across an entire map and we would end up hearing them all bitch about how the maps are to big.

you have to remember BF2 is going on being what 6 years old now? thats 6 years of gamers between then and now of people that have never played the game so yes DICE is correct when it comes to dumbing the game down for all those stupid COD kiddies that finally realized activision sucks at making games.

Sad part is your right, as seeing most players in bf3 dont drop ammo nor health packs. COD or new players migrating to this game and shooting it to hell. If your new or a COD player, every minute you got do something for the squad/team! Doesn't matter if anyone needs ammo at the time, drop that shit!

BF2 is better gameplay than BF3. All they needed to do was update the graphics, instead they fucked it up with ridiculous overpowered unlocks that make it impossible for noobies to get into the game and fucked up everything else as well. Fuck this gay earth.

BF2 is better gameplay than BF3. All they needed to do was update the graphics, instead they fucked it up with ridiculous overpowered unlocks that make it impossible for noobies to get into the game and fucked up everything else as well. Fuck this gay earth.

I'd say BF3 has two things that are missing that BF2 had that piss me off:
1) LEAN (this has to be a console port thing, there's no other way to explain this)
2) Clips instead of rounds.

We have enough cognitive ability for ammunition management, thank you.

Back