BF2 vehicle code of conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I read this thread the other day and wanted to respond with a thread that is on the topic of vehicular combat in war games and how that relates to real life.

There was a poster in this forum that seemed to think that in BF2, you should get out of the humvee or whatever vehicle to kill someone on the road because that's what they do in Iraq and elsewhere (as mandated by the Geneva Convention). I talked with someone last night that just got back from Iraq and another soldier that is on his way to Iraq, and they both said that anyone in the way of the convoy is run down, women, children, whatever. This is because the insurgents are using those very people to stop the convoys so they can then attack them. They don't follow the normal rules of conduct there because they'll get killed.

What do you guys think of this? I think it makes the game more realistic to give awards for vehicle kills, since that really is what they do there.

I don't even see why people argue this. It is a game, you can do whatever the hell you want to do, within the realms of the "rules". The rules in this case is the code used to create the game, if the designers cared about running people over they would have made it so that it wasn't possible.

IMO Iraq and BF2 are totally unrealated. Just play the game how you want to play it, and if people get their panties in a bunch, remind them it's just a game. No one is shooting at them, the chance that they're going to be killed by violence is pretty fricken slim.

And hope no one you know dies in that shithole of a country.

RIP Ed.

-dB

Why is topic back up again? Seriously, this doesn't need to be discussed and establishg relationship between BF2 and real life warfare is beyond stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back