BF2: No No list

eastvillager

[H]ard|Gawd
Things you shouldn't do in BF2, unless you're just out to be an idiot:

1. TK me for the copter.

I hate this. OMG I hate this. I can never get these people voted off, nor can I get them to tk me enough times in one round to get them kicked quickly, usually. What I've learned to do is get them to tk me before the copter pops, then run back and jump on the copter when they're taking off, so I can give them 2 tks per copter pop.

2. Punish me when you climb up to my sniper nest and eat my claymore.

If you see a teammate who is a sniper on a roof, DO NOT GO UP THERE TOO, idiot. Even if he isn't covering his position with claymores, the more people on the roof, the quicker you're spotted, the more likely you're going to be hit with arty.

3. Punish me when you run over that red skull and crossbones that is obviously an AT mine.

I always leave an exit from the base without mines, or a path through the mines for the careful. Those who hit them anyways? Hell, they're just punishing themselves and then punishing me and ultimately punishing our team.

4. Be my copter gunner, but not know a clue.

You know, don't be the guy who doesn't know how to press 'c' to remove the front cockpit/chaingun that obstructs his view of ground targets immediately in front or to the sides of the copter. Usually, I don't realize I've got one of these tards in my copter until I pull up about 20 feet over 3 guys with at rockets---and die because the gunner doesn't shoot them.

Feel free to add to this list. :mad:

eastvillager said:
Things you shouldn't do in BF2, unless you're just out to be an idiot:

4. Be my copter gunner, but not know a clue.

You know, don't be the guy who doesn't know how to press 'c' to remove the front cockpit/chaingun that obstructs his view of ground targets immediately in front or to the sides of the copter. Usually, I don't realize I've got one of these tards in my copter until I pull up about 20 feet over 3 guys with at rockets---and die because the gunner doesn't shoot them.

Feel free to add to this list. :mad:

Didn't know this one either. Many players do not read manuals, and some of us prefer the ground action, but occasionly go for a ride in the cute birdies. This is something to share with players, not chastise them.

5) c4 the blackhawk....

it just shouldnt be done

6) TK

self explanitory

7) jump out of a buggy/jeep/other vehicle im driving while we are in motion...then punish me for the TK

its your own damn fault..dont punish me for it

8) oh yea..and TK

self explanitory

9) lock on to me with your missles while im in the blackhawk and your in the jet (while both are on the same team)

i hate wasting flares on you friendly morons aiming at the blackhawk in the jets

10) TK

self explanitory

G...what a great game when your team tk's just to get into the helicopter? epitome of pathetic

...being flashed in CS might be less frustrating :D

This is an awesome game, but it has lots of stupid people.

11.) Don't punish someone when you run behind their tank when they're backing up and get squashed. It's a frickin' tank.

12.) Don't call arty on your own position, then punish the commander for killing you.

13.) Don't let your friend that sucks play on your account on a ranked server. Learned that the hard way.

16. Don't get in MY Humvee when you see me throw 5 packs of C4 in it.

17. Don't Shoot at my vheicle when you want a ride, use the damn radio command and ask for it

4b5eN+EE said:
5) c4 the blackhawk....

9) lock on to me with your missles while im in the blackhawk and your in the jet (while both are on the same team)

i hate wasting flares on you friendly morons aiming at the blackhawk in the jets
Well, half the reason that happens is becasue of the buggy tagging of teamates at distances.

I can't tell you how many time's, I've tried to avoid my commrades only to find out a little too late it was the enemy. And only because I can't see the names icon above the vehicle until BF2 decides I can.

18. Don't run in front of a vehicle, STUPID! I can't stop multiple tons of steel on a frickin dime ya know.

azzkikur said:
This is an awesome game, but it has lots of stupid people.

12.) Don't call arty on your own position, then punish the commander for killing you.

Kinda wish there was a way, like Binocs, to spot an area that isn't directly over my head. Many times I wanted to call out for artillery at a spot ahead of me but only get myself rained on by my commander. I shouldn't have to be in the middle of a all the enemies to call out artillery on them.

19. Use the jet/helo to fly to a base and jump out leaving the co-pilot to go "wtf?" and quickly switch to pilot seat to try to pull up.

17. Don't Shoot at my vheicle when you want a ride, use the damn radio command and ask for it

that'd be me. LOL i know i know learn the radio commands, lol i havnt taken the time cuz they changed em from the F keys, but i believe its Q then move mouse in direction of command right? LOL

20. If you're a medic... why would you run right past a guy screamin' for a medic? Why wouldn't you heal a teammate whose health is low? Why would you jump in a vehicle all by yourself and drive off whilst the others watch in horror as your vehicle runs over an enemy mine? Why o why must the medic be a loner? Why o why? I call all medics to do... well... medic stuff. :)

I love filling up an entire blackhawk and go copter-hunting... i just drive that bitch into the enemies chopter killing my entire squad and anyone in enemy chopter haaha good times :p

I can relate to the helicopter gunner one.

Nothing bugs me more than hovering perfectly still for my gunner, with a tank perfectly lined up for a TV-guided missile shot and... nothing happens. I sit there for a while and suddenly i see the tank swiveling its turret around at me. My gunner is playfulling shooting the nearby buildings for no apparent reason... I wait a few more seconds, I shout at him in team chat and ... BOOM.

I haven't given up hope yet. I hop in the chopper only to find I'm the gunner this time around. Sweet, gunning can be fun. So, we slowly start rising... and turning... and turning some more, and then I realize I can't see the ground anymore, and the sky is spinning around me... BOOM

ALT-F4

OH THE HUMANITY! >_<

(btw this is a true story, including the alt-f4 part)

Joose said:
I love filling up an entire blackhawk and go copter-hunting... i just drive that bitch into the enemies chopter killing my entire squad and anyone in enemy chopter haaha good times :p
people like you make this game bad

WhyYouLoveMe said:
20. If you're a medic... why would you run right past a guy screamin' for a medic? Why wouldn't you heal a teammate whose health is low? Why would you jump in a vehicle all by yourself and drive off whilst the others watch in horror as your vehicle runs over an enemy mine? Why o why must the medic be a loner? Why o why? I call all medics to do... well... medic stuff. :)

I'm always a medic; I get very few kills (I think 8 is my record) but I always score in 1st-3rd place because I go around healing and reviving people.

When are those idiots going to realize that BF2 is a team game? You need to work as a team to win. :eek:

NickN said:
I'm always a medic; I get very few kills (I think 8 is my record) but I always score in 1st-3rd place because I go around healing and reviving people.

When are those idiots going to realize that BF2 is a team game? You need to work as a team to win. :eek:

Amen and hallelujia! :D Umm... join my squad, please? lol

21. Do not sit around and say that your team sucks because YOU did not join a squad.

Honestly, I've had people yelling at me for complaining that nobody was joining a squad. People can be so stupid...

25. Pestering my teammates by shooting them twice in the leg so they're basically critically wounded and watching them turn around and kill me.... then i hit PAGE DOWN to PUNISH!!!

25b. me running in front of a tank, then pressing page down to punish

Don't bitch about lack of teamwork.

Just because nobody wants to do anything with you doesn't mean teamwork isn't going on.

26. Still the best is getting on top of the chopper and sacrificing yourself on the blades... then punishing the pilot.... watching him get booted and seeing the rest of the crew of the chopper fly uncontrollably into a building killing everyone :eek:

NickN said:

It's been that way since bf1...Either it's asshats who can't fly, or those who ONLY will be the pilot of the aircraft, and will nuke you for "STAELNGI MY RDIE LOLOLOL!!!1eleveneleven"

Jeriko_Cherry said:
Kinda wish there was a way, like Binocs, to spot an area that isn't directly over my head. Many times I wanted to call out for artillery at a spot ahead of me but only get myself rained on by my commander. I shouldn't have to be in the middle of a all the enemies to call out artillery on them.

Easy, be squad leader, bring up the map, right click where you want the artillery and request a strike.

when your the helicopter pilot and you wait for someone running to the helicopter.... you start flying only to realize that they parachuted out because you must have gone over their destination....

i hate waiting for people only to find out they are just using you for a ride...

People who can't drive.

Sure, I'll hope in for a ride. But lets try not to run into the same tree five times in a row.

My pet peeve?

People who either won't let you repair thier vehicles, or who are just clueless how this works. I've gotten to the point that i generally won't even try to be an engineer without several tons of steel protecting me. I can still repair vehicles by being near them, without the fear fo some dumbass driving over me. The people who truly understand HOW to play BF2 are very limited right now. This is not UT or CS or some other "shoot everything that moves game". It's team/squad based modern combat.

If there's that much stuff that you guys don't like about this game, seriously, why not just uninstall it for awhile? Seriously, they didn't even fix the server browser with the first update. And by fix, I don't mean stopping it from crashing...that was something that should have prevented the game from getting out of fucking Alpha, let alone Retail. I'm talking about how you still can't join games from Windows, you still can't paste IPs, you still can't properly sort servers after you've been in one and disconnected, you still can't find pings or player counts reported correctly. It took them 2 weeks to release a patch that doesn't even fix the multitude of issues within the server browser, let alone the game itself. And on top of the dumbass noobs that you invariably get within the first couple months of a game's release, now you already have cheaters to deal with.

This game might be fun around 1.30 or so. Until then, why not accept the fact that EA got the better of us, again, and just play Desert Combat or BF42? Their server browsers work, you can easily play with friends, and the only people who still play them are the ones who know how to play the game - no Counter-Strikers grabbing jeeps to drive off to camp the enemy's spawn with 2 other guys, just before driving into one of your AT Mines and then all of them punishing you.

finalgt said:
If there's that much stuff that you guys don't like about this game, seriously, why not just uninstall it for awhile? Seriously, they didn't even fix the server browser with the first update. And by fix, I don't mean stopping it from crashing...that was something that should have prevented the game from getting out of fucking Alpha, let alone Retail. I'm talking about how you still can't join games from Windows, you still can't paste IPs, you still can't properly sort servers after you've been in one and disconnected, you still can't find pings or player counts reported correctly. It took them 2 weeks to release a patch that doesn't even fix the multitude of issues within the server browser, let alone the game itself. And on top of the dumbass noobs that you invariably get within the first couple months of a game's release, now you already have cheaters to deal with.

This game might be fun around 1.30 or so. Until then, why not accept the fact that EA got the better of us, again, and just play Desert Combat or BF42? Their server browsers work, you can easily play with friends, and the only people who still play them are the ones who know how to play the game - no Counter-Strikers grabbing jeeps to drive off to camp the enemy's spawn with 2 other guys, just before driving into one of your AT Mines and then all of them punishing you.

despite all the problems that keep piling up as new ones are found, the game being fun far out weighs the problems it has (even with that many problems)

its like a drug addiction...

UnlimitedMP said:
19. Use the jet/helo to fly to a base and jump out leaving the co-pilot to go "wtf?" and quickly switch to pilot seat to try to pull up.

Idiots actually do that? That's freakin' hilarious.

busta_cap said:
Idiots actually do that? That's freakin' hilarious.

I had one guy do it in a fucking Black Hawk, fully loaded. I randomly happened to look at the heli icon when I thought we were banking too hard...and noticed there wasn't anybody in the pilot seat, then looked to my right and saw him deploying his parachute. I switched to Pilot and BARELY pulled it up before it hit a mountain...the funny thing is, if I had failed, and the heli exploded, I would have gotten 4 TKs on my name, not the fucker who bailed. If I had known who it was, I would have hunted him and TKed him until I was banned. Idiots like that just shouldn't be playing.

i was in the american attack helo and the pilot just jumped out without telling me. it just started spinning and spinning so finally i snapped that he jumped out. i was pissed. i hate it when you take over the other sides air strip and there artillary isent taken out or the command center or the radar dish.

finalgt said:
If there's that much stuff that you guys don't like about this game, seriously, why not just uninstall it for awhile?

Guess what, there isn't a single complaint in here that is about the game. Every complaint is about the idiots who play it. Uninstalling it won't suddenly teach the idiots how to play, I don't think.

Why don't you uninstall your copy, then check back with me and I'll let you know if people are playing better.

Already did.

azzkikur said:
You've made to negative comments about this game. Quit threadcrapping or be reported.

THE THREAD.
IS PEOPLE.
COMPLAINING.

How the hell can I be threadcapping when the fucking thread is meant to list what you don't like about the game? Wouldn't threadcrapping this thread be listing all the stuff I love about it?

You can be in denial and believe you didn't waste $50 despite all the problems with this game, but that doesn't mean I can't say why I think I did, to ward off the people who still haven't bought it, pal.

Back