BF2 - How do you drive/fly?

How do you drive/fly?

• First person view, third person view is cheating.

Votes: 71 89.9%
  • Third person view, first person view is restricted and stupid.

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
How about "First person view because I like to see what I'm firing rockets at."

for jeeps, 3rd person all the time, no reason not to. not for helis though. i also like to switch to 3rd person as a tank when i suspect a spec ops or anti tank is sneaking around, and then switch back to first person when i see them.

Bo_Bice said:
for jeeps, 3rd person all the time, no reason not to. not for helis though. i also like to switch to 3rd person as a tank when i suspect a spec ops or anti tank is sneaking around, and then switch back to first person when i see them.

Exactly how it supposed to be played, if you do different you probably suck.

Don't know how anyone can fly aircraft third person...

Use all vehicles first person accept jeeps and sometimes APCs

Although I don't believe 3rd person view is cheating, I use 1st person view because I'm used to it.

Non-weaponized ground vehicles: 3rd person
Aircraft: First person, rear view 3rd person toggle I regularly check, 3rd person for tight landings.

I dont use 3rd person views ever cause it just isnt possible in real life. You gonna deploy a predator drone over your humvee in Iraq to see where your going? hell no! I never switch viewpoints and it shouldnt even be an option in the game....

My opinon however........

And I just love the second poll option, "cause the view is restricted and stupid". What a dumbass statement/option. You think all the real M1A1 and bradleys in real life have a huge ass anderson plate glass window on them for you to see out of? wow :rolleyes:

In the plane I am constantly shifting the camera to see what is chasing me or what is around me...

That_Sound_Guy said:
I dont use 3rd person views ever cause it just isnt possible in real life. You gonna deploy a predator drone over your humvee in Iraq to see where your going? hell no! I never switch viewpoints and it shouldnt even be an option in the game....

My opinon however........

And I just love the second poll option, "cause the view is restricted and stupid". What a dumbass statement/option. You think all the real M1A1 and bradleys in real life have a huge ass anderson plate glass window on them for you to see out of? wow :rolleyes:

I don't argue your statement, but BF2 still follows in the footsteps of the series, it's not supposed to be entirely realistic. If you wan't 'realism' go see your recruiter, they've got pleanty of applications for reality.

Bo_Bice said:

+1 Air Vehicles first person nearly always. Sometimes I switch to 3rd just before landing or when hovering directly over a flag.

Tanks/APC/Air Def. only 1st person.

Jeeps only 3rd person.

For vehicles that have no weapons, 3rd person.

Everything else is 1st.

ProwlerTech said:
If you wan't 'realism' go see your recruiter, they've got pleanty of applications for reality.

I tried the day after I got out of high school, denied me cause of asthma in all branches...... :mad:

I drive a jeep in 3rd person for those long drivers. And a support truck perhaps. Don't usually use 3rd person in choppers but see no reason not too. Especially if you're just circling an area and letting your gunners fire.

The tank, 3rd person thing. I'll use it once in a while if I'm really worried about Spec Ops guys. USually I just keep it moving and turret on a swivel.

JEts...not even dealing with them yet.

First person for the win!

Although I've only played BF2 once . . . it felt more natural (I wonder why?) in first person, and I did a bit better. Granted, I think in a vehicle like the APC third person might be a bit better.

The ONLY advantage to using 1st Person in a jeep (assuming you're driving) is the ability to use the quick orders thingy to mark flags and what not for orders, and also to spot enemy units.

However, 3rd person view offers so much more control, you just have to use it if you're any way serious about playing the game.

spine said:
However, 3rd person view offers so much more control, you just have to use it if you're any way serious about playing the game.

So since I use first person view I should not be getting medals for placing in the top three?

What kind of statement is that... However a person wants to play is one thing but i guarantee that someone will do just as good as you in any vehicle in 1st as you in third. I never leave first and I seem to do rather well. :rolleyes:

1st person for everything except the blackhawk. Need to be able to see more, plus im not shooting anything and 3rd person lets me angle the gunners better. I wish the blackhawk had a gunner view thingy like the apache does, so i could see which way im needing to turn better.

spine said:
The ONLY However, 3rd person view offers so much more control, you just have to use it if you're any way serious about playing the game.

Don't make an ass comment like that. I have more gold stars than you can ever imagine and I drive first person, and I consider myself to be a damn-good-driver. I use race manuevers like weight/momentum shifting for fast cornering.

First person gives you a better sense of speed, and considering you can move your head around with the mouse, I feel that it has the advantage over 3rd person.

versello said:
Don't make an ass comment like that. I have more gold stars than you can ever imagine and I drive first person, and I consider myself to be a damn-good-driver. I use race manuevers like weight/momentum shifting for fast cornering.

First person gives you a better sense of speed, and considering you can move your head around with the mouse, I feel that it has the advantage over 3rd person.

Yup my thoughts exactly. I find 1st person in any vehicle better. To add you can also call out spotted enemys on the fly in first person, but can not in 3rd. And I do feel I can control the vehicle better in first, as versello said.

JEEVES

1st person for all vehicles. I find shooting/driving/flying is easier that way.

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
Yup my thoughts exactly. I find 1st person in any vehicle better. To add you can also call out spotted enemys on the fly in first person, but can not in 3rd. And I do feel I can control the vehicle better in first, as versello said.

JEEVES

FYI, you can spot in 3rd person.

1st person. While I think airplanes should allow you to use the number pad to look around (like just about every flight sim), external view is IMO a cheap thing to do. Being in a tank and switching to third person to look for spec ops is gaming the game. You remove the whole vulnerablilty point of armored vehicles. Anytime I drive a tank and I'm not in the open (in the open I'm always moving... fast) then I try to make sure I have either someone manning the MG or a couple people watching my back.

I believe there is a server option to set it where view switching is not allowed, but so far when playing as engineer or spec ops I never had a tank react to me in a manner consistent with someone looking in 3rd person.

Well there was one... he tried to back up over me so I went prone and I went under the tank. I was spec ops and placed all of my C4 under the tank, snuck out the back ran and blew the tank UP.

Bo_Bice said:

ditto

don't argue your statement, but BF2 still follows in the footsteps of the series, it's not supposed to be entirely realistic. If you wan't 'realism' go see your recruiter, they've got pleanty of applications for reality.

Love that comment!

I like first person, but I keep crashing the helicopters. I like to go as high as I can and jump out and parachute back down while to trying to shoot!!

Back