BF2 and its ranking.. If only

Zallek

Limp Gawd
How many points do you need to go from Private to Private First Class? I swear it was 500, but I've got 797 points, and my little white rank bar is full.. I can get rewards and stuff, and more global score, but I cant rank? This kinda happened with my last username, except I wouldnt rank or get rewards, that saved at least. Every new map I'd get Basic medic combat, and basic this and basic that.. It never saved it. So I went back to this username because it was at least saving, but now Im not ranking.. lol /shrug Its still new I guess.

Yeah, I know its 1000 points to LC, and 500 to PFC. I have 797, and Im still a private appearntly though.. It doesnt want to update my rank.. I just hope once I get 1000 I get my unlock, I demand my L-85..

Sometimes the promotions can take a while. It happened to me when I got LC and I had to wait a few days.

I didin't wait. I just kept logging on and off, and restarting the game, and got my unlock. After getting 1000 points I mean. First it recognizes your new rank. Then it waits to mention that you get a new weapon. I think.

Yeah, it finally kicked in once I got 866 global score, so now just a few more and I can get my unlock, yay

to add to this discussion: Is it possible to unlock all the weapons eventually? Or is the unlock you get at LC the only one?

I always wondered that.

NickTheNut said:
to add to this discussion: Is it possible to unlock all the weapons eventually? Or is the unlock you get at LC the only one?

I always wondered that.
Every rank after LC gives you another unlock.

ouch. it'll take me forever to unlock more than one weapon than :(

NickTheNut said:
ouch. it'll take me forever to unlock more than one weapon than :(
That's the point. Since unlocks are not competitive or anything (meaning people with a higher rank get more unlocks and stats would be updated/purged weekly or something) the game has to be designed so that you can always be working towards something for quite a long time.

NickTheNut said:
sucks for the casual gamers :(
It's designed for casual gamers more than anyone. Hardcore gamers will unlock everything in 2-3 months, whereas for everyone else it will be 2-3 years.

kick@ss said:
It's designed for casual gamers more than anyone. Hardcore gamers will unlock everything in 2-3 months, whereas for everyone else it will be 2-3 years.
haha, i don't see casual gamers sticking with a game for 2-3 years :eek:

honestly, beyond the few hits, how many games in the FPS genre have you played for that long? and consistently?

NickTheNut said:
haha, i don't see casual gamers sticking with a game for 2-3 years :eek:

honestly, beyond the few hits, how many games in the FPS genre have you played for that long? and consistently?
People will still play it on and off for a long time to come. BF1942 and DC are still relatively popular.

kick@ss said:

Care to calculate the game time needed to ulocked all weapons on 2 to 3 months? It would be insane.7 classes...7 weapons.... lets see for 3 weapons you need 25,000 points....

I'm the Dude said:
Care to calculate the game time needed to ulocked all weapons on 2 to 3 months? It would be insane.7 classes...7 weapons.... lets see for 3 weapons you need 25,000 points....
Some people play every day all day. The top guy has racked up 35,000 points in a month, and I'm sure the rate at which he'll get points will just increase.

Still gonna take mad time to get 7 weapons unlocked, and it' wont' matter much either since the most powerful stuff, TANk, chopper, plane, is already available.

Yeah, the M95 is a bitchen sniper rifle.. Totally redefines sniping in BF2... The starting sniper rifles are retarded, and take anywhere from 1 to 5 shots to kill depending on where you hit them.. aka just like any other weapon really.. I unlocked the Medics L-85 soley because I hate the MEC medic rifle, I dont mind the Chinese AK-47, but I'd prefer to use the M16A2. But since Im not always America (Very rarely, actually), I can now use an even better weapon as any team... Im not sure what my second unlock is going to be, either the M95 or the G36C.. The G36C seems to be accurate as hell.. But I love the M95...

I unlocked the Media LA8(sp) and am very happy. Unobtrusive iron sights, full auto and pin point accuracy.

The G3 IMO has a horribly obtrusive iron sight that blocks a huge part of you r view. Not acceptible IMO.

My next upgrade will we the PKM. Should be good to mow down soldiers in constricted areas. The Spec Ops gun looks nice too.

Yeah, the Medic unlock (L85A1) has a scope, the G3 (I dont have it, nor do I plan on getting it until its the last thing) has the iron sight, and the G36C (Spec Ops) has a scope I believe.. The G36C is hella accurate by how often I get killed and how quickly it happens by those things.. lol.

Zallek said:
Yeah, the M95 is a bitchen sniper rifle.. Totally redefines sniping in BF2... The starting sniper rifles are retarded, and take anywhere from 1 to 5 shots to kill depending on where you hit them.. aka just like any other weapon really.. I unlocked the Medics L-85 soley because I hate the MEC medic rifle, I dont mind the Chinese AK-47, but I'd prefer to use the M16A2. But since Im not always America (Very rarely, actually), I can now use an even better weapon as any team... Im not sure what my second unlock is going to be, either the M95 or the G36C.. The G36C seems to be accurate as hell.. But I love the M95...

You're on something. The M95 sucks.

Zallek said:
Yeah, the Medic unlock (L85A1) has a scope, the G3 (I dont have it, nor do I plan on getting it until its the last thing) has the iron sight, and the G36C (Spec Ops) has a scope I believe.. The G36C is hella accurate by how often I get killed and how quickly it happens by those things.. lol.

g36c doesn't have a scope, it uses ironsights, the zoom factor is the same as the other carbines though

Zallek said:

The G36C does not have a scope.

I have the G3, but I don't end up taking it very often because lately I've been playing more Engineer and focusing on getting vehicles. If not engineer, then AT.

However when the battle is heavily infantry, I will take the G3 because it is pretty good. Damage and accuracy are both high. You can turn it on single shot mode and snipe with it to an extent too.

Unless it's an overrun spawn kinda situation in which case the nade launcher is a must. It's like rocket battles in Quake 2 or something.

I dont' know what weapon I'll unlock next. I've got 6500 points left to think about it. :p

The M95 is a great weapon if you're on MEC or chinese, but it is not as accurate as the M24.

If all you play is US skip it, but if you play whatever team the server puts you on, and you like to snipe, it sure beats the helkl out of the SVD/type88

Red

sniping is ok from a range that the other guy can hit you anyway :( I still have problems with headshots from more than 150' It's all about good hiding places this time. Fushe Pass has a spot or two where you can cover two flags. And that Ghilly suit is amazing. Funnier than hell when they nearly step on you.

gratuitous M95 pic

http://www.barrettrifles.com/images/model95.jpg

From what I read at the Planet Battlefield forums it takes 2,500,000 to get to the last rank. So we can have all the unlocks in like 30 years of play or something like that...

Mongoose

Edit: after a bit more reading I don't think the numbers are right anyhow..

Mongose101 said:
From what I read at the Planet Battlefield forums it takes 2,500,000 to get to the last rank. So we can have all the unlocks in like 30 years of play or something like that...

Mongoose

Edit: after a bit more reading I don't think the numbers are right anyhow..
There is some site floating around that tells you what you need for all the unlocks and awards, but it's pretty inaccurate for the awards. It says you need something like 4,000 hours (just shy of a half year) of global play time in a tank to get the highest tank award.

Back