BF2 account creation

spugnor

[H]F Junkie
Hi guys.

Just to get this out of the way, yes i did google for help, and i got a rock...

On to the problem at hand. This fucking game will not let me make an account. Single or multiplayer. Are there any known issues with making an account? Do i have to contact EA and chew them a new asshole? WTF?!? This is really pissing me off. Help a brutha out.

What happens? Does it just hang?

I let it sit for a few minutes, cancelled out and went to retrieve account and it worked. Go figure.

I let it sit for a good 15 minutes. Then i rebooted, as the computer would not respond to anything else. Now, when i try to set up an account, i get "this e-mail and/or password is alreay in use, pick another one". This is the only e-mail adress i have, and i've already gotten an e-mail from EA thanking me for buying the game, but no account exhists. What am i doing wrong?

spugnor said:
I let it sit for a good 15 minutes. Then i rebooted, as the computer would not respond to anything else. Now, when i try to set up an account, i get "this e-mail and/or password is alreay in use, pick another one". This is the only e-mail adress i have, and i've already gotten an e-mail from EA thanking me for buying the game, but no account exhists. What am i doing wrong?
Go to retrieve account (or whatever it is at the login screen) and enter in your email and password - it should work fine.

No option to retrieve account. Manage accounts just hangs the machine. I officially hate EA more than i did when BF1942 came out. This is fucking ridiculous that i cannot play a game i just paid $50 to play. I may have to return this one...

Don't use the "Play Online" icon.. it messes with stuff. Just use the Battlefield 2 icon. Should work then, hell you may even have several profiles

just type in any email address, all you have to remember when you retrieve an account is the name you made and the password.

also, that "unique nick already in use" is pretty stupid, someone had my name from bfv and even when you add stuff like - or = in front of or in back of, it doesnt make a difference, i think that that blows

:mad:

Took me about 1 hour to get passed all that acount creation crap. It didn't start working until I copied my profile from the demo and used that.

Before I register an account, how do the names work?

Am I stuck using my registered name ingame, or can the ingame name be changed at will? My nickname is taken, but if whatever name I choose can't be changed and will appear in stats then it'll take a bit more consideration.

Are letters and numbers the only characters which can be added to make a username unique?

I had to hit create an account about 15 times before it would recognize my Gamespy ID & Password, it kept saying user name is already in use or bad password, i just kept hitting it and it just worked.

And this is the reason I will be continuing to stay away from BF2. I was gonig to try this one out and give it a shot... no way in hell now. There's absolutely no reason to have to go through this kind of crap to play a game. America's Army was almost too much for me and their system worked most of the time.

I still can't believe in this day and age that they won't allow for password/email changes. According to the manual, if I want to change either, I have to create an entirely new account.

Finallly got it to work, but thew game crashes to the desktop every map. I am very dissapointed at this time. Perhaps after a few patches the game will be worth the money i paid for it, but not now for sure. <sigh> I hate paying to be a beta tester... :(

Im going to get it now....I hope I dont have any troubles....The demo pissed me off :)

Crosshairs said:
Im going to get it now....I hope I dont have any troubles....The demo pissed me off :)

That makes alot of sense. Demo pissed you off, but you're going to buy the entire game. :rolleyes: Have fun.

tsuehpsyde said:
That makes alot of sense. Demo pissed you off, but you're going to buy the entire game. :rolleyes: Have fun.

Its a demo man, I dont expect a demo to be as polished as the real game... why do you think they release a demo, other than to hype the game.......Its to get a look at the product, and hopefully work out any bugs

So yeah, it does make sense, just maybe not to you....:rolleyes:

Back