BF1942 Loosing sound

XJ Owner

Weaksauce
I just reformated and reinstalled everything, Put in the latest drivers for all my hardware.

I play BF for about 5-10 minutes and all of a sudden I loose sound or it becomes horriable screaching noises. It goes away after a restart.

I thought it was my soundcard so i took that out and am running my onboard sound and its still doing it.

My specs are:
a7v333 (latest 4in1's) Not overclocked just low CAS timings
Radeon 9700 Pro (not oc'd) Running the 4.1 cats
768mb ram- Corsair 256mb pc2100 (dimm1) Kingston hyperXpc2700(dimm3)

Running latest 1.6 patch for BF
DC .5

Nothing is overclocked at all, only does it in battlefield so far.

Only thing i think it may be is that when i was installing a 2400+ the screwdriver slipped and knocked something off by the ram, but that only appears to have screwed up my usb1.1 bus by making it laggy. But like i said it only does it in battlefield so i think it may be just software related.

Any ideas?

-Erik

One thing that helped me was to go to start > run > type "dxdiag" > sound > then reduce the hardware acceleration.

Originally posted by XJ Owner
I just reformated and reinstalled everything, Put in the latest drivers for all my hardware.

I play BF for about 5-10 minutes and all of a sudden I loose sound or it becomes horriable screaching noises. It goes away after a restart.

I thought it was my soundcard so i took that out and am running my onboard sound and its still doing it.

My specs are:
a7v333 (latest 4in1's) Not overclocked just low CAS timings
Radeon 9700 Pro (not oc'd) Running the 4.1 cats
768mb ram- Corsair 256mb pc2100 (dimm1) Kingston hyperXpc2700(dimm3)

Running latest 1.6 patch for BF
DC .5

Nothing is overclocked at all, only does it in battlefield so far.

Only thing i think it may be is that when i was installing a 2400+ the screwdriver slipped and knocked something off by the ram, but that only appears to have screwed up my usb1.1 bus by making it laggy. But like i said it only does it in battlefield so i think it may be just software related.

Any ideas?

-Erik

There are DC .5 servers for 1.6?

I have the same problem with my audigy 2 zs, running cat 4.1 and the latest creative drivers, via drivers 4.51. Thing is it happens in any game that uses Directsound, try another game that uses directsound and let me know if it happens to you as well.

I think i fixed it, I lowerd my memory timings to the "factory" settings and i played battelfield for like half hour and no problems.

I just wonder which stick is causing the problem... I think its the corsair. They hyperx is desigend for overclocking it should be able to take those timings.

I've had sound problems in DC too with my audigy 2. Although it doesn't happen alot anymore, I used to play for about 30 minutes when my sound would completely go away; completely silent. Never figured out what the cause of it was, though.

That is a bit strange. I'm kinda suprised too-tight mem timings would cause sound issues in one game. I had a similar problem w/ the onboard on my K7D in UT2K3, so I just stuck in an SB Live 5.1 and that took care of it. Battlefield might have had the same problem but I didn't try it before slapping the SB in the box. I've only got 2 speakers so I was figuring the onboard might cause less trouble than the Creative drivers, but apparently I was wrong on that.

When I had the screeching noises, I had installed the files like this:

- Install BF1942
- Install BF patch 1.6
- Install DC 0.6/0.7
- All done without even loading the game.

I just reformatted and installed again:

- Installed BF1942
- Loaded the game and set prefs
- Installed BF patch 1.6
- Installed DC 0.7

The sound is now working perfectly. Maybe the sound was corrupted because I had installed everything without loading the game.

Coincidence or not....

Back