BF1942 doesn't want to run on my machine

fromage

[H]ard|Gawd
I installed BF1942 right out of the box. I click on the desktop link, it shows the splash screen, then a black screen appears for less than a second and then it boots me back to desktop. Any ideas? I'm playing out-of-the-box install and I get the same problem with Road to Rome except that it gives an error-sound but thats it.

I'm running:
AMD 2500+ (stock speeds for now)
512MB PC3200 Mushkin Blue RAM @ 333mhz on SPD
ATi Radeon 9600 Pro at stock speeds with 3.10 Cats
Abit NF7-S Rev. 2.0
Antec True480w PSU

Any help?

Patch or edit your video.con I think it's called so it can display more then 60Hz.

-Tron

It is indeed called Video.con. However, there is 2 Video.con files and both of them contain:

rem ** Custom **
run Profiles/Custom/Video.con

And there is no Profiles/Custom/Video.con folder/file.

you should only need to edit videodefault.con in the mods/bf1942 dir and refreshrates 1

i had the same problem and i edited videodefault.con refresh rates to 1, now when the game boots it will say signal frequency is out of range; or something of the sort, and stay at a black screen, i can hear the music and EA logo

Try Updating it to 1.5...It might solve your problems...

After you get it running make sure to check out DesertCombat

Hmm Im having the same identical problem..Tried reinstalling, and changing VideDefault.con and it does the same thing. I also did the 1.5 Patch. Any ideas?

I had the same problem; as soon as the first splash screen finished it would crash to the desktop with a windows beep. I went to program files-->EA Games-->BF1942-->Mods-->bf1942 (I also have Desert Combat installed)-->Settings and opened the file VideoDefault.con with notepad. After changing the renderer.allowAllRefreshRates switch to 1 (instead of 0) it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps,

-Ace-

Originally posted by AceTKK
I had the same problem; as soon as the first splash screen finished it would crash to the desktop with a windows beep. I went to program files-->EA Games-->BF1942-->Mods-->bf1942 (I also have Desert Combat installed)-->Settings and opened the file VideoDefault.con with notepad. After changing the renderer.allowAllRefreshRates switch to 1 (instead of 0) it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps,

-Ace-

This man speaks the truth. This will fix your problem.

^^No

The guy tried editing the video.con file, not the videodefault.con file :)

Back