BF Wake Island video. *sniff*

IceWindus

n00b
Wow...do you guys remember first playing the demo of the map for BF1942 now 3 years ago? I can't believe its been that long ago. I remember being at a LAN party late at night and someone telling me about this farking awesome battlefield game coming out. I remember seeing him driving a tank around blowing crap up and I flipped and immediatly downloaded it.

Much to my surprise, I came to realize that my poor stock little Visiontek Geforce 3 didn't have enough oomph to run the game, not to mention my Philips Seismic edge didn't work with the game no matter what I did with it. In a panic, I rushed to my local Super Wal_mart and picked up a Geforce Ti4200 for $158 on clearance. I ripped my machine openend, slammed the card in their and it was pure bliss! I think I played the demo non stop and never played RTCW ever again since that night.....

Wow, I can't wait to get home and start playing!!!!!!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/655/655507p1.html

Wake Island is gonna be the shiznit. I remember the BF42 demo also. Many hours with this map. Can't wait.

My favorite DC map was El Alamein, which they have now for BF2. Doesn't work for me in single player though (not sure it does for anyone) Would love to play that one on a server that has it, but cannot find any so far..

Second favorite was Wake Island. My brother flew the F-15 alone, towards a target, jumped into the bomber seat, dropped bombs, jumped back into the pilots seat and back to the carrier for another load...

Wash, Rinse, Repeat....

my download from battlefield2.com is going at 13.6kb/s over my college's connection :(

luckly i have class, so that will kil an hour and 15 minutes of the 3+hour download :(

I never was what people liked in that map, or BF 1942. It was usually 20 people wandering around in a very lifeless world occasionally finding killing each other. It took five minutes to find any body, and if you didn't have the big vehicle you were dead. BF2, from what I could tell, was a hundred times better.

Obi_Kwiet said:
I never was what people liked in that map, or BF 1942. It was usually 20 people wandering around in a very lifeless world occasionally finding killing each other. It took five minutes to find any body, and if you didn't have the big vehicle you were dead. BF2, from what I could tell, was a hundred times better.

Yeah it did suck sometimes, but with 20 or more people on the map you just need to spawn at the right point, 1 minute of walking tops to get to the action. I personally loved the demo, hell I heard that there were people still playing the demo a year and a half after the games release.

Obi_Kwiet said:

Hahahah, try playing on a 64 player server and tell me you can't find anybody ><

I frickin' LOVE that they brought this map back. It seriously rocks in this game.

Back