BF Vietnam. I'll never buy EA games again

Reading through all these posts I must say a lot of people are missing the point of patches. Yes patches are needed due to the vast number of possible configurations on pcs. The problem with EA is that there games(Yes they did not program BFV but they paid for it) always seem to have major problems. When you spend your money on a game you should be able to expect good gameplay out of the box. Yes there will be some problems but for most people they should be rare or small. There is no reason that one should have to wait for weeks/months for a game to plan like it should out fo the box. As for all the people that say that it runs good for them thats great. The problem is that too many people do not share your luck. As for the people that state there problems with older EA games then it is your fault for buying there crap again and again in the first place. With EA's track record the best option is to wait for them to fix the game. I know this sucks but your money could have been spend on something that would work for you. As for me I installed a friends copy on my main box to test it first and it sucked ass. Seems to be playable on my laptop though so I will prob end up buying it. I'm going to wait for EA's beta round to end though(the one they put out on you that bought it that should have been internal)

Originally posted by swatbat
Reading through all these posts I must say a lot of people are missing the point of patches. Yes patches are needed due to the vast number of possible configurations on pcs. The problem with EA is that there games(Yes they did not program BFV but they paid for it) always seem to have major problems. When you spend your money on a game you should be able to expect good gameplay out of the box. Yes there will be some problems but for most people they should be rare or small. There is no reason that one should have to wait for weeks/months for a game to plan like it should out fo the box. As for all the people that say that it runs good for them thats great. The problem is that too many people do not share your luck. As for the people that state there problems with older EA games then it is your fault for buying there crap again and again in the first place. With EA's track record the best option is to wait for them to fix the game. I know this sucks but your money could have been spend on something that would work for you. As for me I installed a friends copy on my main box to test it first and it sucked ass. Seems to be playable on my laptop though so I will prob end up buying it. I'm going to wait for EA's beta round to end though(the one they put out on you that bought it that should have been internal)

I totally agree with you with being able to play it out of the box. BF:V is unpresentable in its current form. UT2k4 is working like a dream so far. EA needs to get its act together and take a lesson from Atari.

Originally posted by BoWser
I took down a chopper with my revolver earlier today :)

im guessing you hit it right before it smashed into a tree/ground? lol

i love the airplanes, especially the f4
nothing better than heat seeking missiles, cept that you can potentially hit your own people
and napalm = schweet

Game runs good for me:

amd 1600
ti4200
768 RAM
settings maxed with no aa or af

Game's hard as hell though...the one thing i hated about the bf games is you run for 5 minutes and get popped right when you get to where you were going

Originally posted by skinlab
im guessing you hit it right before it smashed into a tree/ground? lol

i love the airplanes, especially the f4
nothing better than heat seeking missiles, cept that you can potentially hit your own people
and napalm = schweet

Yeah, it did hit the ground but i did get it to start smoking.

I agree, the f4 is the best plane in the game. Almost makes flying unbalanced.

despite liking this game 2 days ago. I'll be getting my money back from EB. There ain't nothing DC or EOD have that this doesn't.

It's like having halflife and going out to buy counter strike.

My moneys going to FarCry.

It's a good game but its a lot of been there done that sort of game.

I downloaded EoD today...

The choppers are a fucking joke. They're horrible. The physics are so busted that it makes flying a chore. Desert Combat's flight physics are 100x better than this.

I don't have any problems running the game, but me and my friends played it last night for a few hours and ended up going back to DC. It's just more fun.

Back