BF Vietnam. I'll never buy EA games again

No, it's pretty much a way of life. I have never played a recent game that was perfect upon release. EVER... It's retarded to expect perfection from a game. "They could have waited to release it." Then there'd be people bitchin' about how it's not coming out on time... Then the delay would cause people to think that it obviously has to be better then it is because it's been delayed.

If I didn't accept patches, like you've said, what would happen? "OMG.. He was right. I find patches unacceptable and now my need for patches has all but vanished. Thank you kind sir. The netcode of BF:V is now perfect. I can now play it on a 28.8K." Yeah, ok.:rolleyes:

Ive been playing this for about an hour or two now. I find it to be far far far better than BF1942. The Animations are supurb now for the guns, and the skins/models for the weapons are way way better than Bf1942.

The sound seems boomy to me, all the guns have a good ammount of bass and the explosions rock with my Klipsch PM 4.1's / Audigy 2.

Runs fine with 6x AA for me.

I like it, I like it alot actually will get alot of playtime.

Got BFV this afternoon, works and looks great on my machine. Go ahead and argue you Putzes , I'm gonna play..

Game has been working sweet for me and I actually have more fun playing it then any other BF game.

Bitches will always bitch:/

I know for a fact a number of u "bitches always bitch" or "quit whining" folk have had their fare share of bitch fests on these forums. Maybe over a different issue or problem you had...

Now someone else has a problem and wants to bitch (rightfully so) and you clowns have nothing usefull to say but "bitches will bitch"...

Genmay anyone?

Originally posted by SKiTLz
I know for a fact a number of u "bitches always bitch" or "quit whining" folk have had their fare share of bitch fests on these forums. Maybe over a different issue or problem you had...

Now someone else has a problem and wants to bitch (rightfully so) and you clowns have nothing usefull to say but "bitches will bitch"...

Genmay anyone?

You are bitching, how ironic, and its not even about the game now.

PS I hope I didnt hurt your feelings, its ok if you want to have a temper tantrum over a video game... It really is.

The game actually worked fine for out of the box. I had a couple of lags, but I haven't adjusted my videocard settings yet. The only complaint I have and I can't believe this is still an issue after all this time is the videodefault.con file and setting allowrefreshrates to 1. The game wouldn't start unless I did that, and I don't know why it's not 1 by default.

I just bought Vietnam at Best Buy this afternoon and well, I LOVE IT! The game is great! The infantry combat has been improved tons with the added bushes that make stealth a factor. The player models and guns all look great and everything moves smooth. My only complaint is that there aren't enough vehicles and the vehicles just aren't the same. I expected the jeeps to at least go as fast as the ones in 1942, but they are pretty slow... The tanks arent even that great even. And when I rode the scooter around I couldn't jump it or flip it no matter what I did! So, Vietnam is a great game for infantry combat and choppers, but if you want vehicular mayhem and open battlefields, then stick to 1942... I know I will still be playing both!

-warsaw

Originally posted by drewb99
Anybody who consiters something in the state that BFV's in finished probably also thinks the world is flat and cars are powered by little demons who smash rocks together, and/or is a 50 cent groupie.
OH? We're not supposed to judge a game based on what is released by the company as a "ready for market" product?

:rolleyes:

I dont know the more I play this game the more I love it. After hearing so many of you having problems and regreting buying it I tried to find some faults with it myself. I still cant find many. I think a patch with fix all the problems so many of you are having with ATI because it runs great on my Ti4200 and 5900 Ultra lagg free in many servers. And man playing 16 different tracks while you drive around rocks.:D

Originally posted by Big Worm
You are bitching, how ironic, and its not even about the game now.

PS I hope I didnt hurt your feelings, its ok if you want to have a temper tantrum over a video game... It really is.

I was stating the facts.. Not bitching.. And I never denied bitching... I think Im well within my right considering the nature of the topic and the shaft deal I got with the game... Its you folks telling everyone to stfu, then next week you'll turn around and bitch on another topic... But its ok for you to do it.. Your special..

Got anything else smart to say

EA games/sports is in the business of cultivating "sheep", they sure took that to a new high w/ this game, I though NHL2004 was the pinnicle! I can't wait to see the next alpha/beta game release from them go gold. They own the gamers of today! BTW, how many patches did Doom or Wolfenstein 3D, when released back then, need to be playable and enjoyable? I forget.

r

I was stating the facts.. Not bitching.. And I never denied bitching... I think Im well within my right considering the nature of the topic and the shaft deal I got with the game... Its you folks telling everyone to stfu, then next week you'll turn around and bitch on another topic... But its ok for you to do it.. Your special..

Got anything else smart to say

Mabey try ebay'ing your copy of BF, or wait for the patch that is probibly comming out very shortly.

Also show me where I have been 'bitching' like you...

May I suggest a gamecube? You surely wont have to wait for any patches on a console.

Please be my guest though, bitch till your hearts content, mabey EA will see your post and hand deliver you a patch on the double. Mabey they will even code a patch right on your computer just for you.

How about that?

The fact is I have had a few games bought brand new and not work on my system right. They went into the closet, but generally I only had to wait a short while and the first patch seemed to clear up all the major issues.

Just picked up the game at Fry's for $30 and I love the gameplay... especially the infantry fighting.

But I am sharing the problems that some of you ATi guys have. When I have AA enabled on any setting I get rainbow artifacts popping up randomly on my screen and distorted models and maps. AF seems to do nothing and the textures seem really boxey and washed out. In general without AA/AF on, the game runs somewhat poorly and laggy even on 800x600.

Does this mean I hate the game? No, but I am a little disappointed though. I'll be waiting it out for a patch... IMO it's not that huge of a deal.

personaly i feel this game has much better feel to it than 1942 did in the beginning .. no issues with my AIW radeon 9800 pro ... and i think that despite people having driver issues .. in a few months it will only get more populated and better .. to be honest anytime i have issues with a game i think of the dozen or so MMORPG's out there that can take a year to fix a issue .. hardly ever does a game like this take more than month to month and 1/2 to fix most of its issues .. and when mods start coming out for it ..it can only get better .. so despite having to play the hurry and wait game ... it will end up better in the end

Im kinda mad because it is totaly un playable for me for starters most of the time i cant see my weapon or hands thats not a real bad problem but other times all the textures flip out in every 3d object turns white and you cant see a damn thing so i run around shooting in every direction trying not to get killed and hoping the textures are going to come back they never do. the sound sucks. only thing i like about this game is the music cant belive i have to let this game sit on a shelf till they fix it guess ill be playin half life 2 before i play this game :/

Originally posted by the_recluse
BTW, how many patches did Doom or Wolfenstein 3D, when released back then, need to be playable and enjoyable? I forget.

Doom had several to get the netplay right as it was shite to start off with and the fact that the games were less than 5MB made them a bit easier to debug before release.

Anyway............

Not sounding good for me, it comes out in the UK tomorrow and I've got my pre-order on the way. Never played Battlefield 1942 properly so don't know what to expect but with all this whinging I'm thinking I may have wasted £25.

Fingers crossed I haven't as I've bought a new joystick (Saitek X45) for it as well so I'm hoping it's going to be fun. I just want a game where you have to use a bit of teamwork again. Not enough of that anymore.

Failing that I've got UT2004 and Far Cry on their way :)

Originally posted by Marklar
only thing i like about this game is the music cant belive i have to let this game sit on a shelf till they fix it guess ill be playin half life 2 before i play this game :/

I wish that where true, half-life 2 and it suposed April 1 release date ..... APRIL FOOLS! Valve has said they are not saying anything more about the game until E3. Which is in May. No way the game is coming out in April. Your looking at summer or even a year after its orginal release in Sept.

Bitch, whine, complain. Anyone remember the fiasco when BF1942 was released? Refresh problems, crashes to desktop, HORRID audio problems?

Guess what. You got DUPED, yet again.

Sure, you have a right to bitch and complain. I'll agree with that. You also have a right to proper working games on release.
(Something that hasn't happened in god knows how long)

But guess what? IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT.

You know EA's track record with games. (Sim City 4 & Radeons, just to name a different game.)
You know that DICE has had prior issues. (Mainly due to EA's suits pushing them)
Even other developers have problems (UT2k3 with the SafeDisc stuff, and Now UT2k4 apparently... there are others...)

Here's what you do. STOP buying the games. Don't fall for screenshots. "OMFG That's fscking sweet!!!111ONE"
Don't fall for internet forum reviews.
Don't pre-order the POS, just so your internet dick can be bigger than l33t0-guy-2k4 on IGNs boards.

Don't give the publisher's money for releasing BETAs. It's the CONSUMER that's more or less the driving force to releasing games unfinished. The publisher wants to see a return on their investments, and they want it fast.

This is directed at everyone in the gaming community. Not just one particular person.

Disclaimer: This is my own communist opinion. If you don't like it, screw you. I could care less.

Comparing this game is funny...Doom was at the very advent of PC games. Yes, when a game is one of the first of its kind to do something you'd expect problems like this, but in a minimally retooled version of a game that's been out for 2 years, 10 years into the industry? Right.

And to the people who're using the music as a positive aspect of the game because there basically isn't anything else to fall back on at this point, how in the fuck does blaring Hendrix in choppers "add to the realism?" Last I checked the Army wasn't a big proponent of entrance themes. Or maybe we were trying to subdue the reds with the awesome power of our electric guitars of capitalist freedom...

I also like the people who say complaining doesn't accomplish anything, and that it is useless and shouldn't be done. You people are idiots. Since when is anybody supposed to just put up with wasting $40 bucks? The way I see it, complaining is a civic duty, so as to notify your neighbors on what not to waste money on.

And yeah, it's a forced comparison, but to all the people who say that every PC game requires patches to get working correctly...UT2K4 doesn't seem to have any major issues that haven't been resolved yet, and the ones that DO exist don't seem to result in graphic Jesus-fucking of your computer. You know you've been playing EA products for too long when...

Originally posted by Big Worm
Mabey try ebay'ing your copy of BF, or wait for the patch that is probibly comming out very shortly.

Also show me where I have been 'bitching' like you...

May I suggest a gamecube? You surely wont have to wait for any patches on a console.

Please be my guest though, bitch till your hearts content, mabey EA will see your post and hand deliver you a patch on the double. Mabey they will even code a patch right on your computer just for you.

How about that?

The fact is I have had a few games bought brand new and not work on my system right. They went into the closet, but generally I only had to wait a short while and the first patch seemed to clear up all the major issues.

Your completely missing my point on the whole patch thing.. You've got a pretty big lip too dont u?

I'll chat to someone that doesnt talk down like im a console nut that cant edit a registry key. (nerver owned a console never will)

Thanks though.

Originally posted by finalgt
And yeah, it's a forced comparison, but to all the people who say that every PC game requires patches to get working correctly...UT2K4 doesn't seem to have any major issues that haven't been resolved yet, and the ones that DO exist don't seem to result in graphic Jesus-fucking of your computer. You know you've been playing EA products for too long when...

The reason why some games actually come out in good shape is because they are built by solid developers and they have a great engine in the first place... EA doesnt have a great track record, its common knowledge.

MABEY next time you guys shouldn't pre order an EA game the first second you hear about it. Its just a suggestion because its doubtful EA will break its track record.

Like KaosDG said previously, the best way to avoid this and to hurt EA because of there stupidity is to not buy the game... It not like you have to wait long after release to find out these problems, the first day after it was all over the boards.

Last I heard EA was the Publisher not the Developer, thats DICE.

Stop trying to be a little pansy ass EA Bitchfest Bandwagoner and blame it on the people who actually created the damn game. DICE.

Originally posted by drewb99
Anybody who consiters something in the state that BFV's in finished probably also thinks the world is flat and cars are powered by little demons who smash rocks together, and/or is a 50 cent groupie.

Anyone who doesn't expect a respectable product out of the box for their hard earned dollars probably assumes that the next time they buy a car it will be a lemon and come with a crate of bondo (1 month later).

Originally posted by Triath
Last I heard EA was the Publisher not the Developer, thats DICE.

Stop trying to be a little pansy ass EA Bitchfest Bandwagoner and blame it on the people who actually created the damn game. DICE.

Ummm no, you blame EA, they are the ones paying the developers, they are the one pushing the developers to release it in this shape...

Mockingly repeating Worm's argument like a child doesn't make us forget that you don't have one, contrary to popular belief.

There are so many people around here that just do not know how to deal out sarcasm, yet somehow they've managed to get the idea ingrained in their minds that they do; so they wield that sarcasm with a certain impudence that just gets annoying.

Please, for the love of god, if you're going to make childish, unfunny remarks, at least throw some poop jokes in there so I can laugh, too. Thanks.

And you forgot SCO

I'd be inclined to believe that, actually. The name makes me think of "fiscal holocaust" for some reason.

Originally posted by Iratus

Fingers crossed I haven't as I've bought a new joystick (Saitek X45) for it as well so I'm hoping it's going to be fun. I just want a game where you have to use a bit of teamwork again. Not enough of that anymore.

Failing that I've got UT2004 and Far Cry on their way :)

Bad news the X45 does not work right with the game the same as with bf1942 you have to manuely edit the air.con file and set it to read only took me about 2 hours last night to get mine working right. Info on how to do that is on www.saitekforum.com

Is it just me or is it a conspiricy that EA never announced a DEMO for this game becasue they rushed the developers and if they had a demo people would be able to get a taste of how bad BF:V is and wouldnt of played money.

How they hell do you try out BF:V without paying for it?

Originally posted by Alex A.
Is it just me or is it a conspiricy that EA never announced a DEMO for this game becasue they rushed the developers and if they had a demo people would be able to get a taste of how bad BF:V is and wouldnt of played money.

How they hell do you try out BF:V without paying for it?

download it illegally -- but i would advise against that.

Originally posted by Jäger
download it illegally -- but i would advise against that.
I wouldnt... they've had it coming... If I leave my front door wide open with a neon sign pointing to my rolex someone is gonan steal it... And its sure as hell my fault.

Once again, I told you there was a reason they didn't release a demo.

Damn, I was all over that one.

I wouldnt... they've had it coming... If I leave my front door wide open with a neon sign pointing to my rolex someone is gonan steal it... And its sure as hell my fault.

So you're rationalizing illegal activities, just because you don't like the product?

Man, all you people that don't like BF:V after only 12 hrs of it being out:

YOU WHINE TOO MUCH!!

The game has been out for 48 hrs. They cannot possibly have every bug fixed on release. Even with beta testers, lets say, 1000 of them as opposed to say 700,000, its still not going to get everything.

Just remember this for the future, unless its Solitaire, EVERY SINGLE GAME RELEASE IS A BETA TESTING: PHASE 2!

It will take a few weeks for them to work everything out, so just be patient.

I have only had one single problem with my copy, and that is the sound of the passing jets. It is a static sound instead, but I'm sure a patch in the near future will fix that. Other than that, I must have got a good copy, because I'm not bitching about it.

I wish they would release two versions of this game.

One 'BF:V Pissant' version, that doesn't patch, work, or install, just so I could laugh at all you people when you come online and complain about it after playing it for no more than 12 hrs, and a normal one, with a few bugs a kinks that can be fixed in the coming weeks.

/rant

Originally posted by IceWind
Then you released that piss ass of an excuse what was Command and Conquer Generals. Boy, the net code on that beauty was sure wonderful! Even our full T1 line wasn't enough to keep 4 players running at smooth pace! Not to mention the gameplay was nothing like the C&C that we knew for many years. Thanks again EA for destroy a classic genre!!!

generals was an insult to one of the best series of games ever... i still play RA2 with my friends at lans...

but you guys are a victim of yourselves.... you complain if they miss their date, and complain if they ship "unfinished" software...

im sure most of you bought BF1942 so i dont see why your so suprised?

the game is full of issues... and i cant speak for EA but im sure that it really isnt their highest priority to make it perfect...

since they already made most of the money... and you guys will obey and buy the next crappy title...

i personally gave up on EA long ago... Valve is getting there... hopefully HL2 will launch April 1'st... and if its an "April Fools" joke, they are in for a beating...

does anyone remember when SouthPark did the April Fool's joke about cartmans mom? Comedy Central's phone system was busy for hours with people calling in cursing at them... they rushed the next episode and aired it weeks in advance...

i think Valve is going to really piss-off a lot of people if they say "april fools, funny huh?" becuase i dont think anyone will appreciate the joke, at least i know i wont... but then, all their release dates have been a joke really i guess...

oh and i dont understand the "excuse" that games always need a few patches to work "as-advertised" ive been plaing the beta/demo of UT2004 online since it came out, and have never had a lag/netcode or other issue with the game... completely lagless on lans, and very minimal at worst online...

does anyone remember when C&C generals came out? where it felt like you were on a 28.8 when you were actually on a 100mbit lan game?

Back