BF Vietnam. I'll never buy EA games again

I know exactly what my machine is capable of, so its a mute point to say my machine is at fault. Read the nice post on readme.txt saying it doesn't support 9800 cards. Well fuck you to EA.

Actually this topic is a mute point now anyway, I took it back this morning after talking with my friend at Gamestop and put money down on SE UT2k4 that I KNOW works well on my machine.

Im not plunking down $40-$50 of my money on a unpolished, unfinished game anymore, patches or no patches, I am fucking sick of it.

If you want to play it, thats your money, your decision. My money, my decision, I'll leave it at that.

Originally posted by IceWind
I know exactly what my machine is capabale of, so its a mute point to say my machine is at fault. Read the nice post on readme.txt saying it doesn't support 9800 cards. Well fuck you to EA.

Actually this topic is a mute point now anyway, I took it back this morning after talking with my friend at Gamestop and put money down on SE UT2k4 that I KNOW works well on my machine.

Im not plunking down $40-$50 of my money on a unpolished, unfinished game anymore, patches or no patches, I am fucking sick of it.

If you want to play it, thats your money, your decision. My money, my decision, I'll leave it at that.

moot goddamn it moot!!!

wtf.

I just finished grading sophomore college humanities papers last night (like community service, don't ask.)

and every FUCKING one had retarded grammatical errors it's sickening.

yes, they even used "mute" mute is a button on your remote.
moot is your entire GPA.

You aren't whereing a phat pare of timba-land boots.

You morons telling us patches will fix this in 2-3 months get a life. Your the main part of the problem. Game developers (EA in particular) now think this is an acceptable thing to do. Release their BETA (close to alpha half the time) software and keep patching it over a 6 month period.

IM NOT YOUR FUCKING BETA TESTER. If you want me to BETA test gimme the game for free. While Im paying I expect to be able to play it on one of the most popular Gaming cards around (9800 Pro)

Im with everyone that has posted lately reguarding EA. They simply dont give a flying fuck. So I simply dont give them any money. And I wonder why piracy is high? Who wants to pay to BETA test?

Its a real shame EA is as big as they are. Alot of the " could have been" titles that might have been awesome games just get fucked up the rear end from their lack of effort.

Noone start with the "You dont know what it takes to make a game". Im quite aware of what it takes. Im also aware that many other game developers can do it that are half the size of EA so theres no reason they cant put some quality control into their titles.

Anyways Im done. If EA actually gave a fuck I'd take my issues to them but I've tried before. I got a big bird waiving in my face and the door shut.

EDIT: ^^ Kaos. Its great you feel like cleaning up our grammar. This is a games forum. Im pretty sure noone cares.

Wow, I'm speechless...

I must have had an ENTIRELY different experience with this game than anyone else in this thread...

I didn't touch any settings apart from my resolution and my controls, and I would say that the game was only a little choppy in SP mode with bots- but then again, so was BF1942 when I played that offline too!

Online, I had the most fun playing on a server with about 6 or 7 guys per side, 1152x764 resolution (I usually play at that res. in most of my games anyway)- no problems with disappearing weapons or stuttering or anything in those first few posts about BFV.

Running with a 9700AIW Pro, 4.3 cat's, and the ONLY thing that seemed really glitchy to me was that if I was in a helo, the objects in the distance weren't drawing right, and it resembled a bunch of pointy gray bars off on the horizon. But it didn't take away my enjoyment of the game at all, and I was up until about 1am last night roaming the jungles with my Vietcong brethren...

LOVE the fact that helo's are so much easier to fly than in DC, and I love the fact that you can shoot out the windows of the APC's and the passenger seats of the jeeps. The music is sweet- I fly in 'behind-camera' mode, so the music is pretty loud and awesome when you're firing missiles at someone trying to scurry across a rope bridge...

I didn't see many complaints on the server I was playing on, so hopefully it's only the minority of gamers who find this title 'unplayable' without patches. For me, patches would fix some glitches but the game is still very much a hoot to play...

Still only feels like an expansion pack to BF1942, though. :D

Originally posted by kennyfett

Still only feels like an expansion pack to BF1942, though. :D

Right there. This is what I dont get. The game is basically the same with minor changes. Why is it were back to BETA testing? Im pretty sure the base code for both games is exactly the same. Yet were back to numerous problems?

Too me this game is just a skin. Like themeing windows. But you guys always have texture coruption and various issues when you run a theme on windows right? :rolleyes:

I may be wrong but thats what it looks like too me

I don't see what the big deal is.

I have a 9800Pro and the game plays just fine

all you guys who are bitching, you DID update to the CAT 4.3's right?

right?

anyways, It also seems that a lot of you are bicthing too because you suck at the game.

One would have to get used to the fact that it is an entirely different game and all of the vehicles handle differently. You just have to get used to it as do you in any new game.

[/my rant]

Originally posted by AMD T-type
I don't see what the big deal is.

I have a 9800Pro and the game plays just fine

all you guys who are bitching, you DID update to the CAT 4.3's right?

right?

anyways, It also seems that a lot of you are bicthing too because you suck at the game.

One would have to get used to the fact that it is an entirely different game and all of the vehicles handle differently. You just have to get used to it as do you in any new game.

[/my rant]
No Im still on the 3.4's with FastWrites enabled on ME.. :rolleyes: Thats what you want to hear isnt it?

Quit blaming the person like their a fucknig moron. Its not always the case.

Originally posted by MrPotsAndPans
Seriously, the fact that you whined that the menu screen doesnt have the game's name in it? Wtf are you going to forget which game you're playing? And second of all, BF:1942's menu functioned the EXACT same way with having to save your settings or they won't be applied, and if you can't even see the "save" option in the menu, good luck trying to find enemies in the foliage. As for the rest of your comments, I'm not even going to waste the time. Sure there's some bugs, what games don't have them? As many other people said, this isn't the final version, and I'll be EA will have a patch out very soon. Stop whining

Brad

I'm sorry, but your name is Brad. This alone completely invalidates your rant. :D

I know exactly what my machine is capabale of, so its a mute point to say my machine is at fault. Read the nice post on readme.txt saying it doesn't support 9800 cards. Well fuck you to EA.

amen

AMD T-type: CMU, huh? I wonder if your opinion of it is as low as mine... The Comp. Sci. department is mostly a joke. Jie Dai was obviously hired due to gender rather than capability. ...and so much more...

Originally posted by Celeryman
By the way, I am listed as newbie cheese in the forum, but I have been here for a long while. I would say about 5 years if not more than that. I just know that someone will attack my cheezieness and I had to set them straight before they did.

You do have a valid point - no one forced these ppl to buy the game, which I agree.

I pitty you, however. Not for the fact of your cheezy newb status, which I could care less, but for the fact that you have to defend yourself by stating your seniority of 5 years.

the game worked fine on Fenris.

1600x1200 no AA no AF. I typically haven't used those settings in any of my games...so maybe that's why I've had no problems.

As for Freki...I haven't tested it. I'll do that today...while I'm installing UT2004SE on Fenris.

As for EA...yeah. I'm not overly happy with their track record. But, I'll hope for the best.

The thing that pisses me off most is the fact that the soundtrack they bundled didn't have CCR's Fortunate Son. It's Blasphemous to have a Vietnam-era soundtrack without Fortunate Son!
The soundtrack had no Hendrix either...but...that's not as greivous and error as the CCR.

Jesus fucking christ you guys sound like the kids who play EQ and piss and moan about patches. The game plays great with an NVIDIA card, just like every other game.

So many internet tough guys these days.

Ok, I dunno about you guys but i've had it with EA's shitty quality control, lack of desire or care for what we want in a game, and just a general lack of sense of any kind quality in the games they have been making these past few years. Like many of you, I was dying to see BFV in action. Ever since I saw the screenshots, I could not wait to get my hands on the next gen of BFV. Everything about it screamed top not action, better controls, bad ass weapons...ect..ect..Bring it on!!!!

Pleasantly suprised to hear it was coming out this month, I reserved my copy like many of you did. And like many of you, I finally managed to pick up a copy at my local Gamestop *Had one copy of UT2k4 Special Edition but I didn't get it*

I have to say NO GAME has dissapointed me the entire year of 2003 and beginning of 2004 like this game has.

1. Absolutely horrid menu system. At first I thought I was looking at a fucking mexican restuarant menu. It doesn't even have the title of the game on it!!!
Trying to work through the settings and the different menu selections is an absolute nightmare! It took me a good 10 minutes to figure why the fuck it wasn't storing my control settings only to find the SAVE button is nicely blended in with all the other menu options that are no joke, .5 centimeters apart!!!

2. Piss pour sound. I expected some very nice booming from my new Klipsch system when I fired the game up. Instead I got weak little "woof, heeezing" When I fired anything loud. Even firing a tank sounded like I was wearing ear plugs. Changing the sound types doesn't do any good, and reducing the sound quality makes it sound even worse!!

3. WTF is up with the ATI video card problem and this game general piss as peformance all together?

4. Even the packaging sucks. My second CD was practically attached to the case itself. I had to push down with all my weight and the CD still did not come out of the case and I was bending it at a 45 degree angle!!!! I had to take my leatherman and BREAK OFF the cd hold tabs to get the CD out of the fucking case!

Boy, and did I love the fact how your readme.txt states that us 9800 owners are basically SOL.
Wow EA, are you that fucking stuck up to to dismiss that maybe 50% of us or more DON"T USE NVIDIA cards for one reason or another. I get the distinct impression you just gave us the bird for this game.

Like I said, the game runs absolutely rancid! I ran at a terrible 33 FPS with 8X AF enabled, no AA. The game herked and jerked and OMG it was a beautiful slide show when anymore then 10 bots were in the area.

Hell, ok, lets take off shadows and AF. Hmmmm, so what we got here is a game that look WORSE then BF1942! I am not shitting you, the textures are a complete joke without the highest settings. And the framerate is still nothing to write home about, I puffed along at around 40fps but OMG, the second I got into dense jungle or into a serious firefight, al la la la, slide show once again!!!

Now, for dumping the money into the machine I have, I should be able to run 1280x960 just fine and beautiful. Well Far Cry is far beyond graphics wise and it runs MUUUUUCH better then this!!
Hmm ok, so seeings how I have an ATI card, I have to limit myself to a so gay 2000 standard of 1078x768 to get a decent framerate. Boy, were looking good now!!!

You know what EA, thats it. Iv'e had it. Iv'e had it with spending my hard earned money on your worthless, unfinished, poorly polished and just plain shitty games!!

You burned me on Need for Speed Underground with no LAN mode, no Replays, No customizable music and not even the ability to download new parts or anything!!!

Before that, you really pulled a good one with NFS Hot Pursuit 2. I think I would rather play Crash Bandicoot racing then that pitiful example of a sequel that didn't hold so much as a candle to the original

Then you released that piss ass of an excuse what was Command and Conquer Generals. Boy, the net code on that beauty was sure wonderful! Even our full T1 line wasn't enough to keep 4 players running at smooth pace! Not to mention the gameplay was nothing like the C&C that we knew for many years. Thanks again EA for destroy a classic genre!!!

Earth and Beyond: One word EA....Booooooooooooooooooooringg!!

Secret Weapons of WWII. Wow, this expansion pack was the most nicely covered up terd i've ever purchased. Hell I distinctly remembering myself playing it for maybe an hour after it came out, and I haven't touched it since. Felt more like I was playing "Humerous Jokes and Ideas of WWII" $30 down the tube for that rehash.

Oh yeah, and what about that wonderful news that you terminated Origin that made us the wonderful Wing Commander! Geee, I was kinda looking forward to a sequel after Phrophecy but I guess that wont happen now!!!

Oh, and lets not forget how much you have patched BF1942 this past year. Im finding 50% of the servers I am unable to connect to for "SOME" reason, no matter what changes I make to my DSL or my game settings. The netcode itself is still very much behind anything decent that so many other games run well *Cough UT2k4* Lets not forget how many people can attest to how just plain poorly it runs on numerous machines around the world, even if the recommended specs are reached.

Enough is enough EA! I refuse to put another dime in your ever growing pocket book. Your assimalation of good developers of past games and turning out wreckless POS games, thinking that were so retarded that we would buy then and not notice any difference makes me wanna puke. You gave us this nice little announcment that only NVIDIA hardware would run your games properly and us ATI owners, a HUGE portion of the market just morons.

First thing tomorroo, I'm go to my Gamestop manager who I know well and have worked for years. I will tell him what a gawdawful POS this game is and that every customer should avoid it at all costs and demand an exchange for UT2k4 that I KNOW will run will in amost every aspect.

Maybe enough people donig this will start putting a hurt in your pocket book and ego EA and make you change your ways, but I seriously doubt it.

Quit whining you panzy. Works fine on my box with a 9500pro

I puffed along at around 40fps

I have to limit myself to a so gay 2000 standard of 1078x768

40fps is like being in a theatre watching the best movie of all time with 7.1 sound cranked to the highest and simultaneously getting serviced by two of the most beautiful women in the world. Well to me anyways, I'm happy with 20 playing pre 2k games @ 800x600. Just six more months to wait....

;)

Originally posted by bobcrotch
Jesus fucking christ you guys sound like the kids who play EQ and piss and moan about patches. The game plays great with an NVIDIA card, just like every other game.

So many internet tough guys these days.

Im quite happy to say anything I've said to your face mate.. Im glad your NVIDIA card works fine. More of the "works for me fuck everyone else" attitude. EA Has been favoring NVIDIA for quite awhile now. We all know that. So go tell someone that cares about your machine that works fine.

Originally posted by AMD T-type

Are you guys getting these things out of a fucking handbook or something?

"It's not the final version yet, there will be a patch"
"ur just mad cuz u suck at it"
"Stop complaining about EA, I bet you couldn't do better"
and of course, the ever-so-imaginative
"Quit whining"
"It's only $35, stop complaining"

Fuck you, if you pay ANYTHING for a game, you pay it for the game, not for the idea of what the game will be like after 10 patches. People with any other system (PS2, XBOX, GC) would not put up with shit like this, and it isn't because they don't have a very good system for patching games set up.

You've just been into PC games for so long that you actually think shipping an unfinished game is acceptable. The funny part is, even after all the patches (and there will be plenty) required to smooth out all the little glitches and problems that they've introduced, you won't even have an excellent game to defend. You'll just have a BF1942 jungle-theme expansion pack with some vehicles ripped off from DC.

Desert Combat scenario
"Dude, that guy just crashed his Comanche into a sand dune!"

BF:V scenario
"Dude, that guy just crashed his Huey into a palm tree!"

I told you there was a reason why they didn't release a demo for this shit.

It's not that EA, or any other vendor for that matter favors Nvidia it's that nvidia has been working with developers for quite some time. They base their chip arround what the software guys want, where as ATI has nice benchmarks hehe. Granted i like ATI cards but it gets old having to patch probably 80% of games to get AA/AF to work, or hell just to get the game to work.

I just get sick of hearing all these people (i asume kids) bitch and fucking moan about how bad this or that game is because it doesn't work on their system. I also agree that 'they will patch it' is sorta out of the handbook but it's true. I also wouldn't imagine that it's exactly easy to code a game that will work with all types of PC hardware platforms. I would say they did a pretty damn good job honestly and i will eagerly await a patch after paying my 45 dollars. If you guys haven't noticed thats kinda how the PC gaming industry has been working...for just about ever. So if ya dun like it go back to your consoles, after all PCs weren't made for games =b (btw thats a joke you n00bs)

I think it's important to point out that EA did not develop this game. EA is a publisher, BF:V was developed by DICE.

-Ace-

Fuck you, if you pay ANYTHING for a game, you pay it for the game, not for the idea of what the game will be like after 10 patches. People with any other system (PS2, XBOX, GC) would not put up with shit like this, and it isn't because they don't have a very good system for patching games set up.

I addressed this in my earlier post. One thing I wish people would stop insinuating is PS2, XBOX, GC are perfect machines and never crash. This is not the case. I have had or have played on several consoles that have a bug or a problem with certian games and/or hardware. For example, my brother-in-law has a hard time with his gc because it has problems with the second slot for a controller. This is the nature of human written code or human made objects. Sure they are less buggy than PC games but why the hell would you even be posting in this forum if you don't have some desire to play games on a PC and have had good experiences in the past with a game on a PC platform. Bottom line is that if you want what I would call the richest gaming experience to be had in ones home you will game mostly on the PC, and will figure out ways around problems that you have with games. Otherwise, you can play on your console (which is not a bad thing) and get gaming experience based on at least two year old technology (not the bleading edge). Some people value quality over new technology or experiences. That is fine, but I am not one of them.

Originally posted by AceTKK
I think it's important to point out that EA did not develop this game. EA is a publisher, BF:V was developed by DICE.

-Ace-

yes but had EA not given such an early deadline, DICE could have finished their game.

Why are you people beating up on him. When you pay money for a game it should be a GAME. not a bad of friggen problems that you have to monkey your way around to get what was origianlly intended for you to play. Shame on EA and its developers. Put more work into your games and knock the release dates back. Is HL2 or DOOM3 going to ship with the same problems that BFV and the original did? HELL NO. Why? More time and funding is put into them.

If you know exactly what you want then make a game, don't buy it. Complaining about the menu system because you don't like the graphics, grow up. The game runs fine on my system, just turn down the resolution and you will be fine, games won't instantly run at 60fps because you wasted money on optional compenents. The game is in a completely playable state and iv been playing several hours now and am enjoying the hell out of it.

Nobody forced you (people that have not given it a chance to mature) to buy the game and nobody will be forcing you to buy the game.

Nobody told them the fucking game wouldn't work on their cards, either.

If the game had said "Non-9800" on the front, you might have a case.

The game plays great with an NVIDIA card, just like every other game.

It's a good thing Nvidia is the industry standard :rolleyes:

Actually, its reasons like this that i am considering getting a nvidia card instead of a ati card next. Ati has the upper hand in hl2 yes, but on others, nvidia preforms the about same or better. Still though, I really think a patch will be out in little while. Try playing the game offline, it runs much smoother. The netcode is messed up online which is causing some issues. And also about the server browser (yes its screwed up) ASE now supports bfv so i just use that (as i normally do for other games)

BF:V is a shitty game. The classes are not balanced, and the gameplay is exactly the same. Nothing about this game feels like Vietnam, they may as well call it Battlefield: 1942, in Asia.

Originally posted by ScretHate
Nothing about this game feels like Vietnam, they may as well call it Battlefield: 1942, in Asia.

Actually, I thought DICE did a wonderful job of recreating the Vietnam era. The best part is the radio stations in the American spawns of some maps and the music is great too. These little things added a lot of realism if you ask me.

I don't understand the comment in the readme.txt about it not supporting 9800 cards. I have one, I have yet to have a problem, I played all night last night online, and had a blast.:D

Originally posted by pistola
I don't understand the comment in the readme.txt about it not supporting 9800 cards. I have one, I have yet to have a problem, I played all night last night online, and had a blast.:D
covering their ass.. Ill translate it for you...

"We had various issues with one of the markets most popular cards while running this game. We were too lazy to look into it and perhaps fix it so we added a warning to the readme incase anyone complains. You may or may not have the same issues but since we put our disclaimer in a place you cant see before you buy the game its not our problem. If we feel like it we may release a patch six months from now to fix it."

Their... Easy translation

kenny, that's my point. It's not like they went out of their way to point out that one of the most popular cards on the market today has substantial problems with this game. Consumers deserve to know specific problems **before** laying down their money for a poorly-programmed POS.

I'm just going to to keep playing Eve of Destruction untill they fix all this.

Originally posted by KaosDG
moot goddamn it moot!!!

wtf.

I just finished grading sophomore college humanities papers last night (like community service, don't ask.)

and every FUCKING one had retarded grammatical errors it's sickening.

yes, they even used "mute" mute is a button on your remote.
moot is your entire GPA.

You aren't whereing a phat pare of timba-land boots.

:rolleyes:

I have no idea why people have to bitch about this game. First, I hear crap about it being unrealistic, how those helicopters can pick up a tank. Get over it, it's a God damn game. You're the kind of person that's trying to ban GTA because it causes violence.

Second, I think the graphics are superb and so is the sound. I have had no problems with either. It looks and sounds great on my computer. aaawww... You're having problems with your graphics not running at the best quality you can get it at... That's so sad. Excuse me while I don't give a shit. This kinda crap happens with a lot of games. For instance, COD had problems like this... So did BF42... I know it's a suprise, but even non-EA games have problems like this. I could keep listing but I'd rather not.

Third, it's a retarded (when I say retarded, I mean full blown drooling on yourself and eating your own crap) thing to be pissed off because a CD seems to be stuck. That kind of thing happens all the time. But it doesn't happen to everyone. They ship thousands and thousands and thousand of copies of the game, I believe that the probability that a few will come out a little "faulty" is getting higher as the amount increases. "EA sux because they made me work to get my CD out. God damn bastards. They shoulda had it out and ready for me when I bought it. I'm calling tech support and telling them to put the CD in for me. Bastards."

Fourth, EA doesn't give a damn what you think. Why should they? "Because I'm a customer who gives them money." uh huh... So let's see, even if every person on these boards stopped buying EA stuff, I don't believe EA would care any more. There are enough people out there buying their products for them to stick their finger right up your rectum and ask you to rotate. They don't care.

The game comes out and it has a few problems and you can't deal with it. Patches are a way of life. I'd rather have to download a 100MB patch next week then wait years for the game to come out, if it ever does (referring to the hell whole of an over-hyped game, Half Life 2). Stop your bitchin....

Originally posted by Screwz Luse

The game comes out and it has a few problems and you can't deal with it. Patches are a way of life. I'd rather have to download a 100MB patch next week then wait years for the game to come out, if it ever does (referring to the hell whole of an over-hyped game, Half Life 2). Stop your bitchin....

Patches arent a way of life. Its just people like you that have accepted it which supposidly make it acceptable.

Little tip. You probably shouldnt complain about others bitching with bitching of your own... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Screwz Luse
I have no idea why people have to bitch about this game. First, I hear crap about it being unrealistic, how those helicopters can pick up a tank. Get over it, it's a God damn game. You're the kind of person that's trying to ban GTA because it causes violence.

Second, I think the graphics are superb and so is the sound. I have had no problems with either. It looks and sounds great on my computer. aaawww... You're having problems with your graphics not running at the best quality you can get it at... That's so sad. Excuse me while I don't give a shit. This kinda crap happens with a lot of games. For instance, COD had problems like this... So did BF42... I know it's a suprise, but even non-EA games have problems like this. I could keep listing but I'd rather not.

Third, it's a retarded (when I say retarded, I mean full blown drooling on yourself and eating your own crap) thing to be pissed off because a CD seems to be stuck. That kind of thing happens all the time. But it doesn't happen to everyone. They ship thousands and thousands and thousand of copies of the game, I believe that the probability that a few will come out a little "faulty" is getting higher as the amount increases. "EA sux because they made me work to get my CD out. God damn bastards. They shoulda had it out and ready for me when I bought it. I'm calling tech support and telling them to put the CD in for me. Bastards."

Fourth, EA doesn't give a damn what you think. Why should they? "Because I'm a customer who gives them money." uh huh... So let's see, even if every person on these boards stopped buying EA stuff, I don't believe EA would care any more. There are enough people out there buying their products for them to stick their finger right up your rectum and ask you to rotate. They don't care.

Amen

:cool:

Back