BF: BC2 odd issue. starting screen doesnt work?

El Nacho

Noobie Cheese
I picked up BF:BC2 during the last steam sale and I'm having an issue which I'm having a hard time searching for. When I start the game and get to the "starting" screen where you can choose "main" singlepayer" "mulitiplayer" "options" etc nothing happens.

The mouse moves and the program does not show in task manager that it has crasedh, but I can't click on any of the options. The keyboard also seems to do nothing.

I've verified the files through the steam options. Rig specs in sig. Any ideas?

Oh man, I just read about this. Let me try and find it.

If I recall it was something about windowed mode. Either you're using it and you can't, or you're not and you have to.

Edit: Try clicking to the right of a button, at varying lengths. That is, instead of clicking on Options, click slightly to the right of it, going farther and farther until it registers. Then do the same thing to set the resolution to your monitor's native, and see if that fixes it.

Last edited:
tried that, and pretty much clicked all over the screen with no results. Is there a way to set your resolution before launch?

There might be an .ini somewhere that you can edit. I don't have it installed right now, so I'm not sure. :(

Did you try doing it in windowed mode?

wow who would of thought the default res the game gives is the problem. i set it to 1920x1080 and problems fixed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Back