BF Bad Company 2 now up on steam W/ Beta access

Yeah, it sure would have :(.

It says you need to enter your key during the signup in-game to tie to an EA account, but I didn't receive a key for my Steam pre-order... will it auto-fill it in when I launch the beta, or pop up a box with it on launch, or something?

Wow... so it does ask for the key which was not provided... how could mega-companies like Valve and EA working together on this for months in advance, not spot the issue that I saw within 10 seconds of reading their beta process info?

You can now get your key in steam by restarting (steam) and right clicking on the beta in the games tab.

Wow... so it does ask for the key which was not provided... how could mega-companies like Valve and EA working together on this for months in advance, not spot the issue that I saw within 10 seconds of reading their beta process info?

This is because I don't think they actually put as much effort into things of this nature as we would think. I think it's basically left to one person to work with the person at valv responsible for this and if one of them fucks up they fuck up and catch it later. or in this case the day of. I don't think they have teams of people working together on a beta launch for months LOL. I believe Dice has people working on the game itself and aren't too worried about bs like a beta launch. Just my take.

I am downloading it on Steam. If I right click on the beta and choose launch game, it gives me my key. So Valve is on top of it!

For some reason my mouse pointer and where it is off by about a quarter of a screen....can't start a game! Mouse is ok with everything else and restarted the comp. Anyway, gotta go, try to fix later.

can ppl throw up some high res pc screenshots with max settings and such? Won't get to try it out for another 4 hours :( :( :( SCREENSHOTS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

95% @ 250kbps ... but I am stuck at work for a few more hours. HD crashed in one of the execs laptops, stupid Stinkpads.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the performance numbers as of yet, given that it is a beta, and they said they'll be updating the final version of the game with a new server browser, performance tweaks, and things they learn from the beta itself.

82% @ 230k/sec

They have stated that this is an older (stable) beta build, and that there are cpu and gfx optimisations still to come before release :)

/me remembers to load up AMD power monitor before playing to watch the cores go solid :)

cant wait to get home and stress my rig.. hope my gtx 260 will have great results.

wow I'm downloading at 1.8Mb/s!! Lots of people on steam forums are crying that their dual cores aren't running it well when that was the min req :p.

uh oh...
things are not looking good for my dual core and 9600gt :(

will I even be able to run it lol?

If I order it now can I still access the beta?

Going to probably shiet on my system but I can always turn things down

uh oh...
things are not looking good for my dual core and 9600gt :(

will I even be able to run it lol?

I'm in the same boat as you. This game is going to murder my computer. Must...raise...funds...faster! :eek:

i managed to play a few games, now i keep getting kicked and sometimes the server browser wont even open

It crashes on me every time I try and launch the game, is anyone else getting this?

Just fixed it, turns out it only does if I launch from steam.

Back