BF 2142 Deluxe $1 (Amazon)

Was this any good? I was on BF2 at the time and didn't see the need to go to BF 2142.

Does anyone even play this anymore? Who knows, maybe there will be an uptick of players because of this deal...

I heard that gamespy was shutting down their service making all these old BF games unplayable online. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

2142 was better than bf2, the titans was an awesome component to game play. When all nodes were captured the last stand was in the home titan ship and it was close quarters fighting of awesomeness. Rail gun anti tank weapons were sweet too.

Thanks OP. Had the discs but lost them. Got it for old time's sake.

Was this any good? I was on BF2 at the time and didn't see the need to go to BF 2142.
It was an amazing game in its own right. The color palette and art was a little bland, but it was set in a future ice age so don't expect much in terms of scenery.

The Titan game mode is what made this game so awesome. The ability to have a mobile base/artillery platform combined with a good commander could definitely sway the tide of battle.

The player class structure (4 player classes versus BF2's 6) were consolidated and made more efficient. They are the same 4 classes that DICE chose to use for BF3 and BF4.

That being said, I wouldn't expect to play much of anything online for this game. It's heyday is long gone.

I heard that gamespy was shutting down their service making all these old BF games unplayable online. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

was thinking the same thing... was a really fun game though

I just played a round of multiplayer and the game really shows its age. I wish the would make a refresh of this.

I'll never forget the beta to this game it was much better than the retail version imo. You used to be able to shoot from the pods from anywhere in the map not just when you were under the Titan and that made the game incredibly fun.

How does the Titan gameplay compare to the new Titanfall game?

Thanks! Just bought it for the hell of it, 2142 is the only game in the Battlefield series that I never owned.

One of my favorite games, never had more fun with any other battlefield to date. Even waiting for the maps to load while listening to that music was epic. Would love to see a proper remake, but after BF3 and 4, God no, just no, let it RIP.

Titans act as vehicles in the game and only a few are available in the map but can be used by anyone. Its much more fun to me because you can strategize and play however you want.

I don't see Titanfall keeping a community very long due to the game becoming stale and its almost impossible to work as a team.

DPI: that star wars theme could be awesome. They are talking about taking the Batman Arkham approach. Which means it might be more nitty gritty than kiddy...
So titanfall is fail already? Guess I wont be buying lol

First of all, this game does have mechs, they are NOT called Titans. The titans in this game are massive floating troop carrier/aircraft carrier/artillery platform. You could launch aircraft from them, shoot artillery, use drop pods that could shoot you halfway across the map, steer it elsewhere on the map if you were commander to help with offense or defense...they even had a reactor that you had to blow up to win that game mode. I remember many times a commander would steer their teams Titan off to a corner, only to have the other commander steer theirs right beside and have an old school pirate scene boarding parties as they shot drop pods at each other.

Second, the mechs in this game are no where near those of TitanFall. Think cumbersome tank with legs rather than nimble human shaped robot. They were still a blast to play in the game and definitely had their uses, but their high profile and slow speed made them easy targets. They also didn't have jump jets, so you were stuck on the ground and had to make use of the cover around you.

They won't be shutting down the game completely with the closure of Gamespy's servers. EA will be transitioning them over to their servers. Quite the surprise!

Article.

I wonder how many are still playing BC2. That is by far my favorite one.

I suppose you could try buying the physical game for $8.99 or whatever it is now off of Amazon, but I think it will still end up with Origin especially with their servers being moved over.

Doesnt this game still have the campaign mode?

If there was a campaign it was like BF1942 and BF2, simply multiplayer maps with incredibly dumb bots that went linear to the nearest flags one by one. No storyline, no objectives other than flags to capture, nothing. The only background story you got with the game was during the loading screens.

If there was a campaign it was like BF1942 and BF2, simply multiplayer maps with incredibly dumb bots that went linear to the nearest flags one by one. No storyline, no objectives other than flags to capture, nothing. The only background story you got with the game was during the loading screens.

and we liked it that way!

Shooting those dumb bots was sooo fun though :)

Battlefield 2142 is like the into to GI Joe the animated movie. Google it and the battle field 2142 into you will see the similarities. Oh and the game is hella fun..just like the Joe movie intro :)

I grabbed a key for a dollar. Much easier to just put it on Origin then to try and find the original box and key from when I first bought it.

Great game still to this day.

for a dollar its kinda silly not to....i just wish origin was as good as steam with auto updating all the apps...not sure if the deluxe does or not...but i think it does versus the other ones

for a dollar its kinda silly not to....i just wish origin was as good as steam with auto updating all the apps...not sure if the deluxe does or not...but i think it does versus the other ones

I think it updates some, just not all of em.

Back