BF 2 Install Order

Bob002

Gawd
Thought I'd posted this before, but can't find it. What is the proper install order for Patch, Expansion, and boosters?

If I remember correctly, it was BF2>Patch 1.5>BF2: SF> Patch 1.5

Patch 1.5 has the 2 other expansion if you don't have the BF2: Special Forces

Hope this helps

If I remember correctly, it was BF2>Patch 1.5>BF2: SF> Patch 1.5

Patch 1.5 has the 2 other expansion if you don't have the BF2: Special Forces

Hope this helps
I bought the 2 boosters long ago, as well as special forces.

Just wanted to add to this. Apparently the install order is:

BF2.
1.41 patch
Special Forces
1.41 patch
1.5 patch

I think everybody has their own "voodoo" about install order of BF2. my order is bf2, special forces, 1.41 full patch then 1.5. This makes the most sense for me because obviously you start with bf2, then sf because it was out before 1.41. I install the full 1.41 patch because this is how the game was played for a long time before 1.5. And because most people just patched to 1.5 and you didn't need a clean install, it just makes sense to do it in this order.

I think everybody has their own "voodoo" about install order of BF2. my order is bf2, special forces, 1.41 full patch then 1.5. This makes the most sense for me because obviously you start with bf2, then sf because it was out before 1.41. I install the full 1.41 patch because this is how the game was played for a long time before 1.5. And because most people just patched to 1.5 and you didn't need a clean install, it just makes sense to do it in this order.

Except you have to install 1.41 first because 1.5 is just an incremental patch. The correct order is

BF2
SF

Any other order won't get your game fully patched and up to date.

Except you have to install 1.41 first because 1.5 is just an incremental patch. The correct order is

BF2
SF

This is what I did (like I posted earlier). Now i'm having issues with punkbuster not updating. Went to PB website and tried to manually update. Supposed to have done it right, but apparently not as I've been kicked from several servers now.

BF2
SF

Why would you need to do 1.41 before SF and then after?
SF auto-patches BF2 to 1.03 prior to installing.

I am going to try BF2, SF, 1.41, then 1.5 and see if that works for me. I skipped SF last time since I didn't feel like adding more time to the install, and my current install has really messed up textures for some reason.

I am going to try BF2, SF, 1.41, then 1.5 and see if that works for me. I skipped SF last time since I didn't feel like adding more time to the install, and my current install has really messed up textures for some reason.

Hmm...Whenever I've tried to install SF right after I installed BF2 it kept asking me for a newer patch, so from then on I'd go BF2>1.41>SF>1.41 (so it can update the SF files)>1.5.

Sorry messed up my patch order, but glad someone caught my mistake and fixed it, thanks OP

I just did BF2>SF>1.41>1.5 and have played both SF and BF2 online just now. I am surprised at how good it still looks for being 5 years old.

The original copies don't. I know for the version I have, you need to install 1.41 both before and after SF to get both patched.

I'm getting a patching failed error when I try to install SF or any patch for that matter. Any suggestions.

I turned off my antivirus and was able to install sf. Gonna try to patch now. Now 1.41 fails. Turned off my firewall and was able to patch.

Last edited:
Back