BF 2 1.5 September 1st

Hit detection fix my ass. I played a game last night and had nothing but dust while headshooting people. That is all thanks for reading.

bazylik hit it on the head, or missed it LOL

the hit detection sucks in BF2 and always has.
ITS an arcade game not a simulator was EA's reply to this a LONG time ago.
they upped the time on the drop and shoot by .02 seconds....WTF is that going to change anything?

So forget about killing like in any other game.
Billy will tell his mom and they won't play any more.

Wow how is the BF2 engine hideous. Damn, I think it's held up pretty well. Not to mention it runs like butter now even at high resolutions and 8xAA.

I would have to agree. I play BF2 quite regularly (at least 3-4 times a week) and I don't think it looks too bad at all. Of course it doesn't look nearly as good as some modern games but hell, it was released in 2005 so considering that, it looks damn good, especially with AA cranked.

Me too. :confused:

BF2warblingsandbags.jpg

You do realize that's not how those sandbags are supposed to look, right? You would have to reload the game to fix it. If that doesn't work you might need to delete the BF2 folder in My Documents and/or reinstall the game.

Hehe, it was bug in a VERY old geforce driver. I just though it fitting for the topic rage. :D I actually prefer the acid bags. They add style to this game. It needs acid shingles, acid armor, acid tanks...and colors. :D

I've noticed the same thing with my Control Panel for x-fi. Had not pegged it to BF2 yet, but it just started recently so that must be the cause. After I exit BF2 I can't change modes on my sound card until after a reboot. Very irritating because I usually play a little BF2 before putting a blu-ray on.

I've noticed the same thing with my Control Panel for x-fi. Had not pegged it to BF2 yet, but it just started recently so that must be the cause. After I exit BF2 I can't change modes on my sound card until after a reboot. Very irritating because I usually play a little BF2 before putting a blu-ray on.

Welcome to BF2 land of bugs and bigger bugs. Coding? No more like, "Let's see how we can F with them a bit more."

There just is no pleasing some people. I swear few whine, cry and take for granted as much as us gamers.

On a better note, I've been having a riot with a bunch of my old buddies since this patch. They finally understand why I kept carrying on about some map called "Operation Road Rage". Of course, I'm only popular when I'm in a jet and on their team, lol.

A-10 30mm six-barrel mini-cannon FTW!

I mentioned this a few pages back. I've been playing this game for years and it is definitely new to the 1.5 patch because I haven't had this problem before.

I hadn't played Road Rage before the patch because I didn't have that expansion. It's my new favourite map. I mostly just drive around in the Freighliner tooting the horn, lol.

When a developer has a game out for years, making $$ off of it and it still being popular, not fixing years old bugs, makes me a whiner? More like please make the game playable enough to not kill my mouse, soundcard and pc please? Is that ok? Hope so, I am heartbroken if not.

Bf2 bugs are so ingrained they are literally part of the experience. If you love the game enough, you will put up with it. That is sad. I started to boot it up today and remembered the bsod I got last time. Stopped it right there.

When a developer has a game out for years, making $$ off of it and it still being popular, not fixing years old bugs, makes me a whiner? More like please make the game playable enough to not kill my mouse, soundcard and pc please? Is that ok? Hope so, I am heartbroken if not.

Bf2 bugs are so ingrained they are literally part of the experience. If you love the game enough, you will put up with it. That is sad. I started to boot it up today and remembered the bsod I got last time. Stopped it right there.

I'd uninstall it if I were you. Usually when I play really buggy games I remove them and try to forget them instead of trolling threads about them. But that's just me, that's where I would go with that.

i was messing around a bit with this issue. yesterday i deleted the bf2 folder from my documents and re-did all my settings. this issue hasn't resurfaced since. ill be playing a lot tomorrow so i'll keep you guys updated. my audio settings are set to x-fi ultra settings. can't live without it ;)

What hardware are you using? I've played BF2 for years on a wide variety of hardware with no issues as of yet. Is there a specific thing you're having an issue with?

--

What kind of soundcard unlocks Xfi ultra?

Any X-Fi.

Wow, there sure are a lot of whiners.

Yes, there are some legitimate problems, but most of what I read are dumb.

The game looks fine, it's 4 years old, of course it isn't technically going to look great, but I think it still looks pretty nice.

And people should stop complaining about hitboxes and stuff, that's just how it plays, so deal with it.

People will always complain about games.

Name one game that someone haven't said sucked or buggy as hell.
No matter how good a game would be to you, there is always a group of people to hate it.

Cod2, Cod4, BF2, BF2142, WoW, Crysis, css, l4d, tf2, etc. thousands....

Personally I think its a fun great game too bad for people who dont care for it.
I have an appreciation to all types of enjoyable games.

Last edited:
Doom 3's probably one of my top 3 favorite sp experiences. I couldn't get over how polished it felt.

I dont know what you all are complaining about. BF2 is by far the best modern war game out now and has been for 4 years or w.e it got launched. I played since the beginning and taking some breaks here and there. BF2142 was ok at first, but got real boring after. The new patch is great, pops are great, maps are great, get the same feeling when i play this as i have back in the release date. If there was another actual game as good as this then i can understand your argument but there isnt, and this game isnt all that buggy.

Maybe at release but damn they've patched the hell out of this game since then. It runs great on my system.

Um recent bugs I have had: The textures of melted sandbags, BSOD(the ONLY time I have gotten a bsod is playing this game), mouse stops working when I go into squad menu, joystick controls stop working randomly b/c of thrustmaster addition. That is just recently. Do not give me, I have never had any issues. When the game becomes unplayable due to the bugs, to the point of the entire system crashing, something needs to be done.

Whining my butt. I just want to play the damn game. Not risk my pc and my temper putting up with the game stopping, system crashing bs that is BF2.

Sorry. I want to play, just can't. Hence the bitter.

Hit detection fix my ass. I played a game last night and had nothing but dust while headshooting people. That is all thanks for reading.

This is my main complaint. But as mentioned, I get killed plenty.

I was trying out sniper the other day and it took 5 shots for some guys, silly.

I just want to play the damn game. Not risk my pc and my temper putting up with the game stopping, system crashing bs that is BF2.

Sorry. I want to play, just can't. Hence the bitter.

I can understand your frustration. You've obviously not had a good experience with the game so I don't blame you. I do believe your experience is in the vast minority, but that still doesn't get you into the game.

There are a few things you may be able to do, based on problems I've helped troubleshoot before. Would you mind sharing your hardware with us? What are you running BF2 on?

There are the typical tips, such as making sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics and sound cards especially. You can also go into you "My Documents" folder and rename the BF2 folder to something else and then try and start the game. It will regenerate a new BF2 folder. If there is a corrupt file this will often fix it without having to reinstall the whole game; however you will have to redo all of your settings. If this does nothing, you still have your original folder you can rename back.

Another major source for issues has been Punkbuster. A lot of times people have needed to download pbsetup and update their PB manually. This should only need to be done once, after that it should take care of itself.

Lastly, I know there used to be some issues with one of the variations of Realtek's onboard sound. I've never used it, but if you are it may warrant a search for details.

These may all be things you've tried before, and if so I'm sorry for adding insult to injury. I'm just trying to help if I can. I have a general tweak guide here, but there is a more thorough guide here.

Hope you find some answer buddy, this truly is one of the best MP games ever made.

--

EXCEPT x-fi xtreme audio ;)

Ah yes. Thanks for the correction!

When people are running in BF2 their hitbox trails behind their avatar. Most people's tendency is to lead the target, which is where all the frustration comes from. I've gotten pretty good at predicting where the hitbox is going to be.

As for Doom3, I agree. It's one of the most polished single player games up to that point in 2004. I enjoyed it and the expansion pack immensely.

I'm still trying to figure out the sniper. Somewhat close and its fine, but way back and sometimes its a dead hit and others? Does it seem to account for much drift to you? I usually play engineer, but have been trying the sniper more lately.

Fucking Punkbuster is pissing me off screw bf2

You don't happen to be using any type of framerate counter , such as the one in ATI Tray Tools and Fraps or other type of screen overlays?

They somewhat recently changed Punkbuster and for some reason it will kick when those are used.

The kick will say "Disallowed program/driver [XXXXXX]"

In ATI Tray Tools you just have to turn off the on screen display function.

You don't happen to be using any type of framerate counter , such as the one in ATI Tray Tools and Fraps or other type of screen overlays?

They somewhat recently changed Punkbuster and for some reason it will kick when those are used.

The kick will say "Disallowed program/driver [XXXXXX]"

In ATI Tray Tools you just have to turn off the on screen display function.

Weird, i have fraps all the time never any issues..

well I finalyl found a BF2 DVD on Amazon in like new condition.. which I had been looking for for months, Its like seeking the Holy Grail... Even has the original Audigy 2 ZS and NVIDIA ads inside...

img0297.jpg

Same here..

but I was aiming halfway across Sharqi Peninula.... Ainmign from the Construction Site, all the way to the top of the TV Station.

Back