BF 2 1.5 September 1st

What's the patching order for the game now?
Retail bf2>sf>1.41>1.5?

I own a copy of the booster packs, but since they are in the patch there should be nothing missing, right?

No kidding. Why can't we just have a 1.5 patch? What's another Gig when you've already busted the record for biggest patch for a popular online shooter that's not an mmo.

I can't get this game working on Vista x64 w/ a Creative X-Fi Elite Pro. As soon as I click on Audio options it crashes to desktop. If I try to load a map, it crashes to desktop (assuming when it tries to load audio for the level). Tried ALchemy and without. Can't get around this issue.

This is my problem.

now the fking game freezes 1 sec after I try to log onto my account

POS!

You play lefthanded with the mouse?

I never heard of that before.

You've never heard of a left handed person? You need to get out more. :D

Seriously though, yes I am left handed. Tends to make for complicated configs. :p

You're a lefty too? Nice, I play right handed though,it just feels to weird playing fps left handed but that's just me.

What's your config?

Let's GOOO! I'm ready!!! :p :D ;)

--

Indeed! Did you still have to use the " +szx 2560 +szy 1600" command line, or did the game offer the res? I still had to add the command line, but the FOV had finally been fixed. You can see some of my comparison shots here if you're interested.

what kind of desk is that? i need a bigger one :|

im currently taking up 2 desks just to hold my system and dual monitors, lol.

Anybody else notice "time padding" servers? I don't get it,whats the point of playing if you're just going to sit there and rack up time in a vehicle? To each their own I guess.

Since EA released patch 1.50, I wonder if they're going to crack down on stat padding servers.

I was playing commander a few days ago alone in a remote area of the map when I hear this laugh like "ha-ha-ha" in the game. What the hell was that? It wasn't someone on a mic.

Is anyone else unable to alt tab from bf2 anymore? Only since this new patch, if I tab out of the game...it just locks up when I try to tab back in.

What's your config?

I use the NUM Pad for most everything. 4-5-6 are left strafe-forward-right strafe respectfully, then 2 is backwards. 7-8-9 are typically weapons and so on. You can see an example of my Aircraft menu in BF2 here. It works for me, but there are a few games (such as Dead Space) that do not allow you to rebind the pad. That is annoying. :(

--

what kind of desk is that? i need a bigger one :|

im currently taking up 2 desks just to hold my system and dual monitors, lol.

It is an O'Sullivan I bought at Staple about 9 years ago. Unfortunately they no longer make it. I do get a lot of questions about it though. :p

Unfortunatley, being an early adopter has bit me in the a$$ again. Windows 7 64Bit + BF2 Punkbuster= No go..unless someone has a fix?

ok new complaint

What's with the "ping nazi" servers. Kicked for 177 ping. What's considered a good ping?

Not 177. I wouldn't play anything over 75. What's a good ping? 5...@ a LAN.

ok new complaint

What's with the "ping nazi" servers. Kicked for 177 ping. What's considered a good ping?

lol, every game has system like that. In COD, I HATE high pingers as they just warp around the map :(. Good ping is below 80 to me. I would not stay on the server if my ping is above 100.

lol - I just played on a server (from Mexico, I think) that kicked me because my ping was too low. Anything under 50 and they kick. lol

Unfortunatley, being an early adopter has bit me in the a$$ again. Windows 7 64Bit + BF2 Punkbuster= No go..unless someone has a fix?

Windows 7 64RC over here and I'm having problems as well, but I'm not sure they're related to PB (although I'll probably have some involving PB once I can hopefully fix this particular issue).

BF2 runs fine and loads a server and everything up until I hit the "ready to join" button or whatever and then the actual game shows up on screen but immediately minimizes to desktop when the weapons selection thing on the left and the large main map starts fading in. I can't see my mouse even if I hit ctrl-shift-esc to bring up the task manager and the only thing that recovers my mouse is hitting ctrl-alt-del. After getting out of the ctrl-alt-del screen and back to desktop, BF2 is mysteriously no longer there.

Oh, cocks.

I've given BF2 more administrative rights than a PATRIOT-Act-wielding neoconservative and manually update PunkBuster with the blessings of the blood sacrifices of my own children. What more do I have to do to get some infantry only action in Karkand?

Last edited:
Fired this up today for the first time in a long time. This game looks hideous. I just can't look at it anymore--really out of date. It is strange, this game was a graphical marvel at the time but it really doesn't hold up. It doesn't hold up nearly as well as Half Life 2, despite having higher requirements.

Fired this up today for the first time in a long time. This game looks hideous. I just can't look at it anymore--really out of date. It is strange, this game was a graphical marvel at the time but it really doesn't hold up. It doesn't hold up nearly as well as Half Life 2, despite having higher requirements.

Yep, looks bad. Like... really bad. I couldn't believe how small the color palette was. Maybe they tried to go the realistic route, but all the gray and tan makes me sick after a while. lol

Yeah well until they fix the control bugs, forget it. I can't go into squad menu without my mouse completely dieing. I have to physically change usb ports to get it to work again? l o l

I have no control bugs. I think the visuals are fine. What I can't stand is the horrible "hit boxes." Unload nearly a full clip and the asshole doesn't die. Very frustrating.

I have no control bugs. I think the visuals are fine. What I can't stand is the horrible "hit boxes." Unload nearly a full clip and the asshole doesn't die. Very frustrating.

The textures piss me off too lol. And everybody just prone jumps to kill :D.

BTW, running it on Win 7 x64 with 0 issues.

you're doing it wrong

Doubt its the same problem, but I had an issue when using ATI Tray Tools and having its "On Screen Display" framerate counter turned on. Punk Buster would kick me every time, took awhile to figure it out, finally found some info on the even balance forum.

Now come on, it looks far from hideous. Sure its not Crysis visuals, but it still holds up.

To quote myself - http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1447073&page=3
Now I am quite the graphics whore and all, but I wouldn't say it looks nasty would you?

bf2wake_01.jpg

screen016-784657.png

battlefield-2-20050519064944446.jpg

Um...BF2 doesn't look anything like that last image. Whatever those pics are, they WREAK of that same old boring tan/gray colorless palette. The middle picture only has 1 color...washed out yellow. YUCK!!!

im glad airpowere still rules the land without harm.....

If they could have just balanced that, bf2 would be the greatest...

They did it in 2142, why can't they do it here?

Um...BF2 doesn't look anything like that last image. Whatever those pics are, they WREAK of that same old boring tan/gray colorless palette. The middle picture only has 1 color...washed out yellow. YUCK!!!

Yeah, but it's fun to play. Can't say the same for Crysis or any other similarly vacuous game.

Also, whomever said H-L2 looks good must have a brain tumour or something.

Back