BF 2 1.5 September 1st

I still wish they'd fixed the damn keybinds menu, such that trying to bind SHIFT to crouch would not cause an error if it's bound to some vehicle action. I always have to edit the actual user settings file to make this work.

you can get bf2 + exp for $10 , best buy probably has it.

Nope. They have just the game for $10, or the complete collection for $30. Seems to be that much everywhere. I'm going to download the demo and see if I still enjoy the game, I havent played it in years. If I do, I'll fork over the $20 to get the downloads from EA. I still have one of the booster packs I paid for.

Wait. The patch includes the special forces expansion as well as the booster packs or just the booster pack?

Oh man I was thinking it was the SF expansion. I loved those maps.

Special Forces was a separate game that just required BF2. The Booster Packs were addons for the main BF2. The patch includes the Booster Packs.

Too bad I already have them all :p

So whats the last word on the CD-check issue? My drive has probs with the copy protection and it only recognizes my disc every 4-5 times....i don't bother with that frustration if it's still requires the disk in the drive.

So whats the last word on the CD-check issue? My drive has probs with the copy protection and it only recognizes my disc every 4-5 times....i don't bother with that frustration if it's still requires the disk in the drive.

Make .iso and mount it with a software solution when you want to play?

I've used a mini cd image for my copy ever since the game came out over 4 years ago, never had a single problem and my discs are in perfect condition.

I've used a mini cd image for my copy ever since the game came out over 4 years ago, never had a single problem and my discs are in perfect condition.

It's been officially confirmed that you won't need the dvd anymore once you install the 1.5 patch http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=124056&p=54

Same. I hated swapping out the CD after 2142 came out. Buddies would fell antsy to play BF2 then we'd want to pwn in 2142.

Special Forces was a separate game that just required BF2. The Booster Packs were addons for the main BF2. The patch includes the Booster Packs.

Too bad I already have them all :p

I only got the Armored Fury one, so I welcome the Euro Force booster. :)

got vanilla bf2 installed. Now just to wait until tuesday for the patch.

IIRC, the 1.5 beta patch was pretty huge. I wonder how large the official 1.5 patch will be. :)

Wait let me get this straight, in this 1.5 patch expansions such as Special Forces and the booster packs will be included without them being installed?

Special Forces is NOT a booster pack. The booster pack maps are added for everyone in this patch, not Special Forces.

So for clarification, the patch will include all of the content from the Armored Fury and Euro Forces packs, plus Highway Tampa and the new Operation Blue Pearl maps... but NOT the Special Forces content. You will still need that separately to play it. Just be sure to reinstall the 1.5 patch after installing it. The patch has to be the last thing you do always (even if that means installing it more then once).

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release. The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe. Stay tuned for release announcement in the near future!

As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces (Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury (Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide. The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

Server providers around the world will have access to the client file so find your closest host for best download speeds. To install Battlefield 2 Update v1.50 you must have Battlefield 2 updated to version 1.41 or Battlefield 2 Complete Collection from EA Store installed. Thank you to all of the EAUK Forums (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/) members who have given feedback and requests during the development of this update. The full change log for Update 1.50 is as follows:

Features:
# Additional support for Windows Vista.
# Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
# Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
# Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players.
# Added Widescreen support
# Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
# Added support for the Novint Falcon controller (http://www.novint.com).

Gameplay Tweaks:
# Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced.
# AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
# Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
# Various changes made to prevent cheating.
# Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
# Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes - Fixed
# Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles
# Prevented use of mouse wheel to exploit parachutes
# Players can now pass claymores by going prone
# Update the HUD on TV Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like Dragon Valley
# Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)

Bug Fixes:
# Fixed the issue where picking up a players kit would cause CTD
# Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 1.1.1.0 to version 2.1.8.1
# Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings
# Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag
# Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon
# Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad
# Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses
# Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666
# Updated the F35B's lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft
# Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design
# Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5
# Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint

So for clarification, the patch will include all of the content from the Armored Fury and Euro Forces packs, plus Highway Tampa and the new Operation Blue Pearl maps... but NOT the Special Forces content. You will still need that separately to play it. Just be sure to reinstall the 1.5 patch after installing it. The patch has to be the last thing you do always (even if that means installing it more then once).

Thanks for posting the list of changes! I'm amped to see they added support for Vista! I hope the game works now!

That was one of two reasons why I didn't swith to Vista..

I don't like this, no mention of no CD, then again if they added no CD then I would really start bitching about BF1942 and BFV no CD support.

Yeah when are they going to release the client so I can actually install the thing? I have my key's registered on the EA website but I have no clue where my damn cd is so I can't install it. Anyone want to send me a burned copy?

Thanks for posting the list of changes! I'm amped to see they added support for Vista! I hope the game works now!

That was one of two reasons why I didn't swith to Vista..

You're welcome.

Btw, I've been playing BF2 and booster packs in Vista64 for months. No issues so far.

Interesting.

Thought I read somewhere that you could control the carrier now, but I guess not.

Glad the widescreen is finally coming, that was so long overdue.

Hope the hit detection is like AIX 2.0. Then I might be able to hit somebody.

You're welcome.

Btw, I've been playing BF2 and booster packs in Vista64 for months. No issues so far.

My issue with Vista was the game would load just fine. Tried to join a server and I would CTD; with both BF2 and 2142. I tried everything to get it to work. Punkbuster update, separate accounts, admin rights, etc etc.

if you played the beta versions of 1.50 it really didn't change the game much at all... Don't expect wonders from this patch.

Back