BF 2 1.5 September 1st

Not as bad as me though. I bought Battlefield 2 for $50 about the time it came out. Then I pre ordered special forces for $30.. and I bought the 2 booster packs for $10 each haha. But wow im surprised that ea is still supporting it!!! Good thing I just got back into the game! Oh and I quite bf2142 like a few months ago.

I did all that but bought BF2 core twice. Seriously. Oh yeah.

Been waiting for this to come out of beta, great that they are giving the boosters for free, to bad I had bought the complete collection years ago. I probably play on Highway Tampa more than any other, great map. Look forward to the new ones.

I still have have a great time playing and so do a lot of others as well. - http://www.gametracker.com/games/bf2/

I just wish I could stomach the 2005 era graphics. I mean ya I played the crap out of this for about 3 years but at this point I haven't had it installed for about 2 years and I know it's gonna look nasty.

Battlefield2 is the game that got me into PC's and the addiction of upgrading.
Personally I fell like it is a great game which can be ton's of fun with an adequate squad and commander.
It boggles my mind how some people can 'hate' the game.

I remember buying it on release for $50, run home to install it to find that the installation error'd because of my inadequate hardware, lol. I wasn't til months and months later that I was able to save up enough to upgrade my computer to a athlon 64 3000+ and a x1600pro to play the game :D (I was 15 or 16 at the time lol) I think it was the 2nd PC game I ever purchased (second to Call of Duty). It still remains one of my favorites and I will continue to play and support it until BF3 :)

I was all about to reinstalled BF2 when I realized I have no effing clue where the boxes are, or if I even still have them. No box = no CD key = no play. :/

I was all about to reinstalled BF2 when I realized I have no effing clue where the boxes are, or if I even still have them. No box = no CD key = no play. :/

If you registered you can log in online and get you cd-key :p

If you registered you can log in online and get you cd-key :p

I figured I would try that, but no luck. I bought the booster pack things online, but I never registered my CD keys online.

According to EA, you can get a new key issued for $10 if you send in POP.... but its also $10 to just buy it in their store.

Either way, it would be nice to play this again, but not if I have to invest money into it.

I just wish I could stomach the 2005 era graphics. I mean ya I played the crap out of this for about 3 years but at this point I haven't had it installed for about 2 years and I know it's gonna look nasty.

Now I am quite the graphics whore and all, but I wouldn't say it looks nasty would you?

bf2wake_01.jpg

screen016-784657.png

battlefield-2-20050519064944446.jpg

I don't know how accurate that list is considering how dated those games are. Point being, EA is only doing this to keep/get people interested into BF2 again and hold us over until BF3 or whatever comes before that. That's the way I see - a nice little marketing ploy.

those are live stats.

BF 1942 still gets played online?? What about Desert Combat? That mod rocked!

P.S. How's cheating?

If you play on servers with active admins, hackers and cheaters are almost non-existent.

Another point, BF2 is still very popular. It's ranked #6 currently on XFire. http://www.xfire.com/games/bf2/Battlefield_2/
I don't know if that's the best way to measure the game's activity but for a 3-4 year old game, that's some damn good staying power regardless.

If you play on servers with active admins, hackers and cheaters are almost non-existent.

Another point, BF2 is still very popular. It's ranked #6 currently on XFire. http://www.xfire.com/games/bf2/Battlefield_2/
I don't know if that's the best way to measure the game's activity but for a 3-4 year old game, that's some damn good staying power regardless.

BF2 was released in June 2005 according to Gamespot. I thought it was released before then, or so it feels like it's been out longer. I think that's why I didn't think the game was so popular (as it still is). I remember playing the hell out of that game but it feels like so long ago. I might have to reinstall this game.

I'm a little miffed about the free maps (that I paid for) as well, but at least when the patch comes out everyone will have all expansion packs instead of just the 68 people like me.

So... I must've been one of the few that actually 'liked' BF2142? EA downloader owned me and I never tried installing it again.
I'm going back to BF2 thanks to this thread! Can't wait to try the new maps.

I LOVED 2142.... Much more so than BF2...

And the widescreen support is not true widescreen, the HUD will be stretched.

Now if you can find a BF2 server that is playing maps other than JALALABAD and Karkand, you could enjoy the other maps.

Actually, one of the MAJOR reasons for this patch (and the upcoming 2142 one) is to fix a bunch of nasty security issues that have plagued BF2 and 2142, mainly the PID Spoofing and some other stuff.

Just started playing BF2 again. Really need to get a joystick. Can't fly a helicopter to save my ass anymore. Still can kick some butt in an F-22 without a joystick, though. But it took forever to get even halfway decent. Now I'm having to relearn everything.

Okay, I feel a little noobish after reading a couple things in the full list. What exactly is the mouse wheel parachute exploit? And using the mouse wheel to exploit vehicles?

I've enjoyed BF2 for years now, and I'm extremely glad I didn't recently buy AF or the Europe maps for my son to enjoy (he really enjoys the single player mode as he's not old enough, quick enough, whatever, to do well in multiplayer). He'll be extremely excited to know he gets an additional 8 maps!

Yeah, it is kind of annoying having paid for the booster packs, but at least more people will have them now. I remember when BF2 first came out my friends would all get in a chopper and fly over a point, capture it, then go to the next.

You act as if EVERYONE has that issue. I've installed BF2 and 21/42 on 3 of my 64-bit computers with no problem so not everyone is affected.

No I am assuming that quite a few ppl have this issue and I have this issue on quite a few machines.

Not as bad as me though. I bought Battlefield 2 for $50 about the time it came out. Then I pre ordered special forces for $30.. and I bought the 2 booster packs for $10 each haha. But wow im surprised that ea is still supporting it!!! Good thing I just got back into the game! Oh and I quite bf2142 like a few months ago.

I actually did the same, TWICE. My wife cleaned up my area and threw out a bunch of "junk". BF2, its boosters, and most of my library included. Thats why Im annoyed lol.

Im am impressed tho, should get a bunch of players back into the game. Im gonna have to reinstall once this patch is released.

Ive also been waiting for Forgotten Hope 2 to get to the ETO of WW2.

I actually did the same, TWICE. My wife cleaned up my area and threw out a bunch of "junk". BF2, its boosters, and most of my library included. Thats why Im annoyed lol.

Im am impressed tho, should get a bunch of players back into the game. Im gonna have to reinstall once this patch is released.

Ive also been waiting for Forgotten Hope 2 to get to the ETO of WW2.

bf2 main issue is not its player count. it is and has always been popular to this day online from day 1.

if only DICE knew this. if they did, they would treat PC users with a bit more respect and stop cashing on the console croud

Been playing ALOT of AIX 2.0 lately.

Downloaded The Next Generation map pack.

They put in a F-14 Tomcat !!!! Sweet.

Now for the half nude Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer skin.

So... I must've been one of the few that actually 'liked' BF2142? EA downloader owned me and I never tried installing it again.
I'm going back to BF2 thanks to this thread! Can't wait to try the new maps.

I LOVED 2142. When they released the booster pack I bought it and the download manager actuallly was great! Then I saw it go to hell and it got progressivly worse to where I didn't even bother anymore. Sigh

I bought the Battlefield 2 collection last year for $19.95. EVerything is included. I am glad the patch is free and will include WS gaming support and Vista support.

Also, this game is still quite popular. I log into the servers to play wake island and Karkand, and those maps are usually full.

I'm having problems with 1942 crashing when the maps load on Windows 7 x64. Any tips?

It really doesn't look nearly as sharp for some reason, hmm.

BF2 runs very smoothly with high levels of AA and AF on modern cards, add to that new higher-resolution support and this game is going to look very nice. I played around with the 1.5 beta some and at 1920x1200 it looks great. Sure texture detail and polycount is not up there with today's games, but it definetly doesn't detract from the game-play experience.

Seems like a lot of people here play, we should list a server or two and play together.

BF2 is one of my favorite games ever, I cant wait for this.

anybody have a copy + expansion for sell? 10 bucks? really want to play again.

anybody have a copy + expansion for sell? 10 bucks? really want to play again.

Don't think you need to buy the expansion packs anymore as they are included in the patch.

I am not sure about the weapons from the booster packs though, I am assuming they are included in the patch too and not just the maps. :D

Can't wait to run BF2 on 1080p

Back