BF 2 1.5 September 1st

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=159814

booster packs added as standard bf2 maps(that was the big 'office politics' nonsense).
So the expansions are not included, but the maps themselves are?

I think this is a good move for players like me who don't have the expansions but may want to jump back into BF2 some time.

Now, can a non-expansion BF2 play on the same server as those with the expansions, as long as I have the maps with this patch?

From how it reads it sounds like the booster pack maps have been added to regular BF2.

Added Widescreen support
Additional support for Windows Vista

About damn time!

I stopped play that worthless POS of a game years ago. BF1942 still beats strong but after BF2, EA killed my favorite game series.

i totally agree

Their about to kill it even furtehr with 1943 and bad company 2 with its kill cam auto regen shit. its best you lot embrase bf2 mate because the future is looking much worse for pc users.

This is a thread i started for the new patch, not for bitching about not liking the franchise anymore. Feel free to make your own thread for that.

Glad to seem them still supporting the game...I'm sure they are looking to keep the community alive somewhat since BF3 is in the works! I will jump on this.

So... I must've been one of the few that actually 'liked' BF2142? EA downloader owned me and I never tried installing it again.
I'm going back to BF2 thanks to this thread! Can't wait to try the new maps.

Installing BF2 as we speak. I have liked the BF series moslty, however 2142 was the last one I bought. All of the series games had there +'s and -'s.
From how I read the patch details there adding the Expansions for free, not just the maps. I paid for those expansions but play on those maps quicly died out shortly after the patches were released, so I hope this will bring them back into popularity.
my only quistion is what does "Added Highway Tampa as a required map." mean?

I believe HT was not part of any patch, but was installed on it's own. Looks like they are adding it either to the patch or you will need to add the map.

BF 1942 still gets played online?? What about Desert Combat? That mod rocked!

P.S. How's cheating?

You'll need 1.41 installed for 1.5 and 1.5 is over 2GB, why not just let us download a whole new installer. The game is going no CD/DVD anyways, might as well go all the way. Install is broken on Vista (x64) anyways.

Their about to kill it even furtehr with 1943 and bad company 2 with its kill cam auto regen shit. its best you lot embrase bf2 mate because the future is looking much worse for pc users.

Actually, BF1943 on 360 is pretty fun. If thats as close as I can get to a BF1942 sequal that doesn't blow, i'll take it.

Too little too late. It seems like EA/Dice are trying to muster up everything they have to get people back into BF.

Your reasoning is flawed, BF2 is still one of the most played games online.

it is just a bridge until BF3.

And if you knew how to actually read you'd know that the pc version won't have unlimited ammo or autoregen. Plus full dx10 support and at least 32 players a map for 43 means that they're not just giving us a watered down console port. :rolleyes:

You'll need 1.41 installed for 1.5 and 1.5 is over 2GB, why not just let us download a whole new installer. The game is going no CD/DVD anyways, might as well go all the way. Install is broken on Vista (x64) anyways.

What was wrong with installing on Vista?

I did, just wondering if there is anything I need to know about.

Crashes or locks up at the very end of the install, nothing that ctrl+alt+del won't fix, but still sort of unnerving.

does bf2 still "try to" force you to have your game disc in the drive?

does bf2 still "try to" force you to have your game disc in the drive?

Not known until it i sout. The final 1.5 release does not say the CD check is removed, but it was said to be earlier.

Awesome. My 30" has been waiting for this game and so have I. I will be back playing BF2 because of this - thanks OP!

ARMA II is great - much more realistic (a true simulation), but BF2 just plays so damn smooth and is a light alternative.

Wow I'm loving me some EA right now. Oh god I feel dirty, need a shower.

LOL, Battlefield 2 Demo, 35 servers, 300 players. My friend still plays that.

A lot of people still play BF2.

The last few patches ruined it IMO, I might get back into it for a bit though after this one.

Still one of the best multiplayer games of all time.

A lot of people still play BF2.

The last few patches ruined it IMO, I might get back into it for a bit though after this one.

Still one of the best multiplayer games of all time.

What bothered you about the last few patches?

I don't know how accurate that list is considering how dated those games are. Point being, EA is only doing this to keep/get people interested into BF2 again and hold us over until BF3 or whatever comes before that. That's the way I see - a nice little marketing ploy.

Well, duh. Tribes 1&2 were offered completely free, before Tribes: Vengeance came out. Why? To create a buzz and get more interest into the game series, before the newest installation came out. This is nothing but a good thing for gamers. A patch that fixes issues, and more maps/modes for free.

But calling it too little, too late is wrong. Especially when I supported accurate info on its numbers. Just because you dont know if they're accurate, doesnt mean they arent. Its a site that has been used for years. I fired up BF2 to compare, had 20 servers less. Oh no, its wrong. Or people quit since I posted..

And now its 5th. Why? Because the numbers change.. because they're accurate.

I don't know how accurate that list is considering how dated those games are. Point being, EA is only doing this to keep/get people interested into BF2 again and hold us over until BF3 or whatever comes before that. That's the way I see - a nice little marketing ploy.

What's your point?

cool, after I paid for it they make it free.......

Not as bad as me though. I bought Battlefield 2 for $50 about the time it came out. Then I pre ordered special forces for $30.. and I bought the 2 booster packs for $10 each haha. But wow im surprised that ea is still supporting it!!! Good thing I just got back into the game! Oh and I quite bf2142 like a few months ago.

Not as bad as me though. I bought Battlefield 2 for $50 about the time it came out. Then I pre ordered special forces for $30.. and I bought the 2 booster packs for $10 each haha. But wow im surprised that ea is still supporting it!!! Good thing I just got back into the game! Oh and I quite bf2142 like a few months ago.

I so got you beat, but I'm not getting into it:p

Point being, EA is only doing this to keep/get people interested into BF2 again and hold us over until BF3 or whatever comes before that. That's the way I see - a nice little marketing ploy.

A ploy to get people to once again play one of the best FPS game of all time? I'll fall for it.

Back