BF 2 1.5 September 1st

BY FAR the best part about this patch is owning all the guys who jump and go prone EVERY time they see somebody.

I have the standard shortcut... ony thing I have is a "+restart" which disables the intro vids... my res and everything is enabled in-game...

yea and most mirrors are still being hammered... Fileplanet Founder's Club FTW! :D

Yeah I have the +restart as well. I hate those intro movies.
My full shortcut is
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +restart 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

BY FAR the best part about this patch is owning all the guys who jump and go prone EVERY time they see somebody.
I hate those guys, but there still owning me. I aint really that good but i am good enough to have fun, i guess thats what matters most.

Ugh, my first download failed while I was gone today, then I restarted it and it had been going really slow from hypernea with their downloader (though faster than the other mirrors at the time).

Now I have to restart it AGAIN. I am doing the link from Fileshack and at least the speeds are maxing out my line finally, still going to take a few hours though as I only have 1.5m DSL at home.

I fixed my CTD issue I had to disable SLI - apperrantly 190.62 + bf2 1.5 under Windows 7 64bit are incompatible atm, single card runs flawless

I fixed my CTD issue I had to disable SLI - apperrantly 190.62 + bf2 1.5 under Windows 7 64bit are incompatible atm, single card runs flawless

LOL, this game really does not need a whole lot to run maxed. If you really wanna see this fly, disable the max frame rate which is set to 100FPS.

I spoke too soon :(

BF22009-09-0115-47-34-14.png

Are you people saying you don't need a CD to play the game anymore? Cause if this is the case why the hell don't they release the whole client to download. I lost my CD but have the key registered. How retarded can they be? Guess its time to go torrent hunting.

All i know is that i don't think you need a no cd crack anymore. I just tried it and it works straight off the original now ;). Finally i can run at my native resolution. 1920x1080

okay after installing and patching to 1.41 bf2.exe is roughly 7mb. I'm going to kick off 1.5 and see what happens.

*update*

after installing 1.5 the size of the executable went from about 7,347 KB to 6,403 KB interesting....

*update 2*

okay everything works..strange

okay after installing and patching to 1.41 bf2.exe is roughly 7mb. I'm going to kick off 1.5 and see what happens.

*update*

after installing 1.5 the size of the executable went from about 7,347 KB to 6,403 KB interesting....

*update 2*

okay everything works..strange

well it states on the site that you have to patch to 1.41 and THEN 1.5... :D

oh and according to your computer network name.. ( you have the same first name as me! Good Name sir!

on that note... got the patch up on our clan's MediaFire Pro Account.. (its a direct link) http://www.mediafire.com/?wyqdzfmimvl

can some one test the link... all of a sudden my internet has gone to shit...

Last edited:
LOL, this game really does not need a whole lot to run maxed. If you really wanna see this fly, disable the max frame rate which is set to 100FPS.

ya the only way i know it do it is type "game.lockfps 200" ( or whatever #) in the console. is it possible to do with the shortcut ?

i was able to play online for a few minutes right after the install. I jumped into a single player game to set controls and to get the hang of playing again. I went back into a multiplayer game and as soon as i joined bf2 minimizes to the desktop and the only way i can fix it is if i go to the task manager to end it. No, i haven't gone to the event viewer yet, but i do suspect punkbuster is the problem. Anyone with Win 7 64bit running into this problem?

*UPDATE*
event viewer:

•A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (BF2.exe)
•The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

I disabled desktop composition within the compatibility mode of BF2 and seems like it works, i'll do more testing after work.

Last edited:
All of you guys complaining about 100k download speeds need to quit your bitchin'.

At my best speed it is going to take me at least 32 hours to download this (shared satellite).

Argh..I miss broadband.

Hmm for some reason after the patch I can't pitch up or down with my joystick.

Desktop CTD :(

if your running Vista x64 or WIn 7 64 check your event viewer for this:

•The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

try disabling desktop composition under compatibility mode within the BF2 shortcut.

try disabling desktop composition under compatibility mode within the BF2 shortcut.

Will give that a try, thanx. Hoping to get some quality BF2 in tonight.

A few widescreen comparison shots between 1.41 and the new 1.5 patch to demonstrate the improvements:

1.41 2560x1600 using the " +szx 2560 +szy 1600" command line parameter.
NOTE: Incorrect field of view (FOV) and slightly stretched HUD.

1.5 2560x1600 using the " +szx 2560 +szy 1600" command line parameter.
NOTE: Correct FOV (despite using the command line parameter hack), but still mildly stretched HUD.

1.5 1920x1200 using highest available ingame widescreen resolution.
NOTE: Correct FOV and mildly stretched HUD.

I was curious regarding the last two shots, because I was worried the command line parameter hack used in my Tweak Guide might mess up the new, fixed FOV. I am glad to see that is does not, and equally glad to see the fixed FOV in general. Yeah Dice.

Got a few hours of playtime in last night. Oh, the memories. Still know how to fly them heli's & jets!

I will say, the thing looks horribly dated, even at 2560x1600, but so dang fun. And it runs so smooth!

With the textures it really doesn't look all that bad really.

P.S. I have stuff coming with UPS today and I'm sitting here watching the guy throw the stuff out to the front of the truck and I just want to...

Got a few hours of playtime in last night. Oh, the memories. Still know how to fly them heli's & jets!

I will say, the thing looks horribly dated, even at 2560x1600, but so dang fun. And it runs so smooth!

Yeah. I played for about 2 hours last night.

Spent 1 of those hours just trying to remember my first ever log on account from 2005. LoL.
The game is really fun, especially playing the maps that I never loaded before.

start>games>bf2>rightclick but theres no customize option? Am I missing something under W7? In vista game explorer you could customize game shortcuts, etc. I dont see that feature under W7 games explorer

start>games>bf2>rightclick but theres no customize option? Am I missing something under W7? In vista game explorer you could customize game shortcuts, etc. I dont see that feature under W7 games explorer

Try going to the executable and doing the properties there, customizing the Game Explorer shortcuts is a pain in the ass. There are two different folders with the shortcuts in public and user and they aren't named. Still haven't had a chance to try this yet, still got 4.5 hours left at work. The program does work on my notebook without any issues of modifications, but I get a ping into the 400s.

I just finished downloading the patch and all i got was a 1.92 GB windows shell common dll file
so i tried again on my laptop and got the same thing ! :confused:

How do i open it ?

Figured out why I was unable to set my resolution to 1680x1050. I had my HDTV connected to my computer but it was disabled in Display properties. I disconected it and now I can set the resolution within the game.

I just finished downloading the patch and all i got was a 1.92 GB windows shell common dll file
so i tried again on my laptop and got the same thing ! :confused:

How do i open it ?

That's odd, it's an .exe for me.

When ever I download anything from fileshack I do not show any file extension. I have to go in to where I saved the file and add .exe to get it to work, not sure why fileshack does this but it is a minor annoyance.

Back