BF 1942 patch 1.6 is out

torrents are too slow, I was getting 7-10 KB/s on it. Unacceptable.

I'm using gamershell's netherlands server, getting ~ 100KB/s. Still too damn slow.

Originally posted by kleptophobiac
torrents are too slow, I was getting 7-10 KB/s on it. Unacceptable.

I'm using gamershell's netherlands server, getting ~ 100KB/s. Still too damn slow.

you are missing the point of torrent files. yes they will be slow if you were d/l off the only person that had the file. However the point of torrent files is that is shares the source load.

By not using Torrent you are making slower for others that do.
at the start of the torrent it was slow. abt 5min into d/l and it was up to 57k/s (my max d/l) so torrent's are not solw

Also as to faults with Dc and this patch. The scoreboard does not work thus you are unable to see your scores.
However the new kick function is soo easy tried it on a vanilla server soo cool

Not to be off subject [not that there really is one here] however even after 5 minutes I have managed to get absolutely no where with torrents. I've tried other places, popular programs, etc, and fact remains I've left one download going for 24 hours, and it still only managed to peak at 6kbps... I love my Fileplanet subscription, it is the best thing I have for downloading files of this nature. :)

And thank you for reporting that 1.6 is out... did they list the patch changes? I'm quite curious to see what was fixed / improved. :/

I HATE torrents. There way to slow and the program installs way to much shit on your comp, including Gator, without even warning you.

Originally posted by eeyrjmr
you are missing the point of torrent files. yes they will be slow if you were d/l off the only person that had the file. However the point of torrent files is that is shares the source load.

at the start of the torrent it was slow. abt 5min into d/l and it was up to 57k/s (my max d/l) so torrent's are not solw

Also as to faults with Dc and this patch. The scoreboard does not work thus you are unable to see your scores.
However the new kick function is soo easy tried it on a vanilla server soo cool

So we're supposed to be guilted into using this POS program so that you have better chances of downloading something faster than 6k/sec? Wow, I didn't think it was possible, but they managed to successfully make a communist application. Truth of the matter is, most of the people who use Torrents throttle their upload to next to nothing, so the whole program is broken and I fail to see why anybody continues to use it.

BT is a last-resort type of thing for me. Just wait for Fileplanet or Fileshack to get it, particularly if you happen to have a subscription to either.

I downloaded the patch and installed it now I get Nothing! I get the opening music and no video. I have a 9700Pro and I was running 3.7, I downloaded and installed 4.1 but the same thing is happening. I used the 1.5 to 1.6 patch. Is anyone else hearing anything about this?

Why the fuck didn't they add BOT support to Phillipieans map???? Some of us don't have broadband access.

yeah im getting the same thing as madjack and i have a asus 9600xt with the 3.10 drivers. anyone know where there is more info on it?

we should probably run kazaa too, and share out all our drives, just for the other people that use it too... whether we use it or not.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Cali3350
I HATE torrents. There way to slow and the program installs way to much shit on your comp, including Gator, without even warning you.
That's amazingly ignorant. Neither the official client nor any others I've tried include any spyware. In fact, you can go through the source yourself and check it out!

And if you're downloads are slow with bittorrent, you're probably not forwarding any ports from the firewall. Fix that, and they'll fly (assuming many downloaders + decent seeders)

It amazes me that the publishers/devs couldn't include a gnupg signature or at least a known good md5 checksum for the files they distribute.

My md5sum for the patch downloaded (full speed, no less) off suprnova:

fdbe974dde056cb45459cf3e7ec05e0e battlefield_1942_patch_v1.5-v1.6.19.exe

those worried about torrents and spyware...try looking for shadows experimental torrent....think of it as kazaa lite...

Originally posted by Icewindius
Why the fuck didn't they add BOT support to Phillipieans map???? Some of us don't have broadband access.

They didn't bother to add bot support in either of the 2 new maps either. Heaven forbid they go back and add bot support for Aberdeen and Coral Sea as well.

My sound is still scewed up and has been since 1.5. It sounds like all the sounds are being played too fast.

Any ideas? I've tried 11/22/44 Khz, low, medium, high quality sound. it's very annoying playing with pinky and perky sounds all the time.

Originally posted by eloj
It amazes me that the publishers/devs couldn't include a gnupg signature or at least a known good md5 checksum for the files they distribute.

My md5sum for the patch downloaded (full speed, no less) off suprnova:

fdbe974dde056cb45459cf3e7ec05e0e battlefield_1942_patch_v1.5-v1.6.19.exe
Agreed, it took just a few seconds to get this MD5 for the full pack (267Meg):

022267cae2320dfe87c281c1b18a69f8

Downloaded it from the Indiana mirror on 3D Gamers at about 100KB/sec (it was unstable though, sometimes hitting my 1.5Mbps cap and sometimes going only 10KB/sec).

I found a fix to the problem I was having with sound and no video. I got this off of the BF1942 forums.

Go to the directory:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings

Edit the file VideoDefault.con, look for the setting:

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates

Mine was set to 1 so I changed it to 0 and I now have video and it looks good.

Just checking in to confirm that the BT links for both upgrade and full patches are running at full speed for me right now.

A little word on spyware within BT: because the source is freely available, it's not hard to add spyware to it. Download only from official sources to avoid spyware.

I use Azureus, which has better throttling capabilities than the standard generic client, and is full of GUI-ness! (lol)

Anyways, see you all on the battlefield.

Originally posted by cuemasterfl
My sound is still scewed up and has been since 1.5. It sounds like all the sounds are being played too fast.

Any ideas? I've tried 11/22/44 Khz, low, medium, high quality sound. it's very annoying playing with pinky and perky sounds all the time.

I mentioned this problem about 2 weeks ago and got no response. I find it hard to believe I am the only one who has this problem. No one else? It's only with this game. All others are fine.

Perhaps you could tell us what KIND of soundcard maybe?

I had a philips Seismic edge that absolutely refused to run with BF1942 when it came out, so I bought a Live! card for $15 from a friend. It ran but it cracked and popped all the time, no matter what I did.

Finally when I upgraded this summer, I got an audigy 2, enabled hardware acceleration and put the bit rate at 22khz, and it went away forever, Thank god!!

It's built into the MB: Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller. I've looked for updated drivers, but like I said earlier, BF/DC is the only game to give me a problem.

Originally posted by cuemasterfl

I originally had this problem with DC .5, but it's been ok since the .6 release. (Vanilla BF sounded just fine). But, a coworker has the same problem with both Vanilla BF and DC. Couldn't find a solution.

It's built into the MB: Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller. I've looked for updated drivers, but like I said earlier, BF/DC is the only game to give me a problem

Thats probably your problem, onboard sound sucks ass. Go get a Audigy 2 OEM version for $78 at newegg.com

Originally posted by Icewindius
Thats probably your problem, onboard sound sucks ass. Go get a Audigy 2 OEM version for $78 at newegg.com

It worked fine before 1.5, and all my other games work fine, so I find it hard to believe that I need a new sound card. I probably will buy one within 2 weeks, but I really shouldn't have to.

Anyway, I am downloading from the EA server now and I am getting 360K (my max speed). As for torrents, I never liked them but there are always going to be hardcore followers just as there are of Linux who will always hate the alternative (Windows in this case). I use whatever works the best and it isn't Linux and it isn't torrents.

why do these new games have to update so often, cs took forever to get to 1.6. are programmers just lazy lately? or are there just too many hardware differences to account for.

Originally posted by Optional87
why do these new games have to update so often, cs took forever to get to 1.6. are programmers just lazy lately? or are there just too many hardware differences to account for.
I don't think you have played Battlefield 1.0 or you wouldn't be asking this question. EA shipped a game that seemed to be a prebeta or so. It was bug ridden and had tons of stability problems. It took Dice 6 months of patches just to get it stable. It took them a few months more to iorn out most of the bugs. There are still bugs here and there. On a related note, why the hell do I still have trouble switching between x and w weapon with the wheel? I hate that I have to switch to the knife and then to the Thompson. This bug is old old old and this patch still doesn't fix it.

:rolleyes: At all the people saying ignorant shit about BitTorrent.

Just because you don't know how to use torrents doesn't mean they are slow, or spyware ridden, or whatever other shit you want to think about it.

I normally pull my max download speed on the torrents I get on (~380k/sec). Torrents that aren't seeded well I might get anywhere from 50k/sec and up.

Just started the torrent for the patch, upto 217k/sec.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Back