Beyond Good and Evil 2 (confirmed)

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness

10 years ago I would have been hyped, but these days I don't trust Ubi not to fuck it up.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
http://www.pcgamer.com/beyond-good-and-evil-2-is-like-gta-but-in-space-says-michel-ancel/

After the long awaited cinematic reveal of Beyond Good & Evil 2 at the Ubisoft conference today, series lead Michel Ancel joined Twitch to chat about the game during the E3 livestream. Ancel didn't go into too many specifics, but the scope of the game did come up.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is a prequel. "It's really connected to the first game," said Ancel. And it's meant to be huge.

"We did not want to reveal anything before today because we wanted to make sure that the technology would be—you know, you can dream big, but if you don't have any way to make the game of your dreams, then you can talk for hours and hours and hours and then?" Ancel said.

"So we waited for three years just working on the technology, so that now you can really travel across space, planets. But not empty planets. Or not empty, generated, whatever planets. Real planets with cities, logical connection between the cities. And even all the natural events that you could have on these kind of planets, gravity, all the moons, and all these things. We needed to make sure, before coming here today, making sure that we will deliver the game."

It sounds like a ton of literal world building has gone into BG&E2, with multiple cities across multiple planets. As for how representative the CG trailer is of the gameplay, Ancel says their technology allows for what we saw at least in concept, if not with the same cinematic direction.

"You can get out of the Chinese restaurant, jump into your spaceship, go across the atmosphere, and go into your giant spaceship, and then change the planet," Ancel said. "And all this does no loading, and you can be attacked whenever it's happening. It's like GTA but in space, in three dimensions."

Bold promises. How well all this actually works remains to be seen, but we're excited to try it out as soon as we can. You can watch the full interview at about 28:47:00 into this very long stream.

Nice....real time seamless transition from atmosphere to space and vice versa, assuming it actually makes it into the final build.

Wow...it's not vaporware. Prealpha footage means I'm not hanging my hat but overall promising. Too bad it took so damned long.

Wow...it's not vaporware. Prealpha footage means I'm not hanging my hat but overall promising. Too bad it took so damned long.

My biggest concern is Ubisoft shoving this into their shitty open world format. I am playing Ass Creed Syndicate at the moment and the game is just so fucking tedious....I can't just play it, no I have to run all these repetitive filler errands to ensure the characters are properly leveled and kitted out. And then there's the repulsive microtransaction currency/crafting system which is so blatantly geared towards pressuring players to spending real world money, its baffling that there wasn't a bigger public backlash.

My biggest concern is Ubisoft shoving this into their shitty open world format. I am playing Ass Creed Syndicate at the moment and the game is just so fucking tedious....I can't just play it, no I have to run all these repetitive filler errands to ensure the characters are properly leveled and kitted out. And then there's the repulsive microtransaction currency/crafting system which is so blatantly geared towards pressuring players to spending real world money, its baffling that there wasn't a bigger public backlash.

Wah wah wah. You're playing the wrong AC. Check out Origins - best since Black Flag.

Wah wah wah. You're playing the wrong AC. Check out Origins - best since Black Flag.

I guess I played the wrong Division, and the wrong Crew, and the wrong Far Cry :rolleyes:

They're all the fucking same, tedious, insipid, monotonous and cynical trojan horses for garbage DLC and live services. Try again.

Have to admit, that's looking surprisingly good. I won't pre order or anything crazy, but if the reviews are good I'm fully onboard.

Aww, that's a shame. I'm really hoping this will be cool, but if Ubi goes all EA on it... fergettaboutit.

That looks good- have you heard of any numbers for planets / systems in the game?

Not sure why they are calling this "Beyond Good and Evil 2" since it has absolutely nothing to do with the original game.

It looked really interesting, but it felt like Beyond Saint's Row and Evil... Can't say it's a surprise. Hopefully something good happens, the first game deserves it.

Back