BeyerDynamic T1 Tesla 600 Ohm Open Headphones $749 + Free Shipping

Where do you even see the price? I don't see that or an add to cart option.

That would be a great price... these are over $1,200 on Amazon.

However, no option to add to cart. Dead? Or site just screwed up?

I just got off the phone with them. If the salesman was being honest, I snagged the last pair. Also he said it would ship today. Time to list my t90s which are barely a month old :p

Thanks op for posting this, my wallet hates you :D

I just got off the phone with them. If the salesman was being honest, I snagged the last pair. Also he said it would ship today. Time to list my t90s which are barely a month old :p

Thanks op for posting this, my wallet hates you :D

You're welcome :)

Sorry to those who missed out, looks like the deal is dead.

F do they come with a good looking woman to put them on you or something?
Have an agent fly to your home for a demo?

My buddy had two pair of these. He recently sold them and switched to Sennheiser HD800's.

Based on my memory I thought my Beyerdynamics DT990 pro 250ohm with Fiio E10 sounded 95% as good as the T1. experts might disagree or im def...

but my point is the sound quality from $200 headphones to $1200 isnt that big compared to going from $40 headphones to $200 headphones.

We did a headphone shoot out (HD700, HD800, T1,T5p, Philips X1, denon AH-D600, T70s, etc.

I think the T1's barely won, but everyone agreed for the money Philips X1 were hands down the best.

a buddy of mine, bought these for $1200 6 months ago...

Right between the SR-507 and the SR-007 Mk2. Pay 400 less for the 507 or 1k more for the 007. I know if I'm going to blow 1.2k on a set of cans, I might as well aim higher. Not like I buy these often anyway Haha :D

Yes the DT990 is the best bang for buck. I have a pair of dt 770 250ohm and I am amazed they only cost $160 from Amazon, paired with my schiit Valhalla they sound fantastic . But this is hardforum, and high end [H]eadphones should be included with high end pc gear :)

I have DT990 600ohms. They are great cans. I pair them with the Aune T1 and it is really very very good.

I have a couple of these for the kids to use in the car with their games and stuff. They seem to be alright. :p

I have a couple of these for the kids to use in the car with their games and stuff. They seem to be alright. :p

Eww...Why would you get them open-back headphones? Do you really want m&m in the background of your NPR?
Would've gone with the T5p's myself, closed-back silence!

They normally cost over $1,000. You obviously know little about the average cost of high end headphones.

Also worth mentioning that high-end audio parts tend to hold value well unlike computer parts. That makes the cost easier to swallow. I've had my Sennheiser HD800s for 3 years which cost around $1500 when I bought them and they still go for that price.

Also worth mentioning that high-end audio parts tend to hold value well unlike computer parts. That makes the cost easier to swallow. I've had my Sennheiser HD800s for 3 years which cost around $1500 when I bought them and they still go for that price.

Uh, no they don't. New they cost $1500 that is true. Used, I have seen them or sale for as little as $1100. Very high-end cans like that are very much up and down with flavor of the month crowds at head-fi and the like.

Uh, no they don't. New they cost $1500 that is true. Used, I have seen them or sale for as little as $1100. Very high-end cans like that are very much up and down with flavor of the month crowds at head-fi and the like.

well, all things considered, ~25% resale depreciation after 4 years isn't that bad for a luxury item...

I was just comparing to computer parts, if you bought like 3xGTX580 at launch and sold them now to buy new cards you'd get back way less than half what you paid.

They are completely different honestly. Computer parts depreciate so quickly due to being outdated within months. High end audiophile equipment is all subjective. My AKG Sextett's are still more fun to listen to than HD800's (yes I have tested both). Does more "fun" mean they are better, not at all, but that doesn't mean I will be buying HD800's and replacing my Sextett's anytime soon.

Just watch the price of the HD800's if Sennheiser comes out with any replacement for it (which won't happen since the HD600 and 650's still are incredibly good cans at a decent price).

I bought these when they were first released, my friends and I were not impressed (also spared no expense on source and amplification). If you got in for this price I'd say they still aren't worth it but much closer to what is reasonable IMO!

I bought these when they were first released, my friends and I were not impressed (also spared no expense on source and amplification). If you got in for this price I'd say they still aren't worth it but much closer to what is reasonable IMO!

Have you been able to compare these to the sennheiser HD800s yet?

Headphones are very, VERY subjective. Just because you felt they were not worth the price does not mean much in all honesty. I really enjoy Beyer's. I have not had a chance to try out the T1's yet, but I have listened to HD800's and while they are definitely incredible headphones I prefer my DT900 600ohms to them in most situations. Does that mean the HD800's suck, not at all. They just don't match my taste.

The bottom line is that these headphones for the price are an incredible deal. I also own several pairs of high end headphones and yes its all completely subjective as we all hear a bit differently.

But this sale isn't aimed at regular Joe , its aimed straight and true at an audiophile like myself for example. Unfortunately I do not have the funds for these otherwise I would jump right in. I have had the pleasure of auditioning these cans and they sounds absolutely fantastic. They are not very neutral but Beyerdynamic has done a wonderful job fine tuning the technology. I would say the soundstaging is on par with my HD800's which is quite a feat at the price we are talking about. The T1 is also very comfortable and have a much lower profile than the HD800's which look like some kind of early NASA sketch of how headphones would look in 2001 come true (which is cool all on its own).

Edit : Sale has ended.

So we had a deal here in India for the HD800s for 57000 rupees, which is around 900 dollars brand new. A bunch of my friends picked one up, and are now crying about the fact that they will have to pay an equal amount on amplification!

So we had a deal here in India for the HD800s for 57000 rupees, which is around 900 dollars brand new. A bunch of my friends picked one up, and are now crying about the fact that they will have to pay an equal amount on amplification!

LOL! So funny how people don't research the specs on items before they buy them.

Trying to run a 300 ohm headphone from an IPOD jack. Hilarious.

Back