Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohm (NOT Pro) $200 Amazon

dandragonrage

[H]F Junkie
Don't know how long they've been this price at Amazon and I don't know how long they will stay that way. I know they weren't this cheap when I checked a month or two ago. They have the newer DT990s (not the old, worse Pros) for $179.99 when other places sell them for $299. 250 ohm (32-ohm costs more) so they aren't the easiest to drive. Don't buy them for an MP3 player or phone.

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1287509108&sr=1-1

List Price: $349.00
Price: $179.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $169.05 (48%)

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've always wanted to try some of Beyerdynamic's offerings, but I'm afraid my onkyo receiver or front panel of my PC sound card (x-fi titanium) won't be able to drive these. I tried buying a matrix mini-i over the summer but the seller never shipped it... I suppose my money would still be best spent on that rather than another pair of headphones :p

They would probably drive them reasonably well. They might have trouble reaching maximum volume of the headphones. The headphones will NOT have the actual sound quality affected. They will *not have weak/distorted bass or anything like that.

The higher the impedance, the easier the load is to drive, but you can run out of voltage which only imposes a volume limitation.

You can decide what's worth it yourself, but this is a great price and you can easily get a headphone amplifier for < $100... if you even decide that you need one.

Last edited:
when i bought my 770's awhile ago they were 184.50 and i see them for about this price s these 990's. the 990's are an open design yes?

770 would be sweet on sale. Looking at them, 990, they are open.

Last edited:
when i bought my 770's awhile ago they were 184.50 and i see them for about this price s these 990's. the 990's are an open design yes?

770 closed
880 semi-open
990 open

Although I don't think this is a hot deal, its not a bad price for a great set of headphones.

well these or the 770's were 115 on amazon awhile back. that was pretty hawt ;). i wish i had bought a second pair lol

I can't believe this thread has gone this long without somebody referring to their headphones as cans.

I've always wanted to try some of Beyerdynamic's offerings, but I'm afraid my onkyo receiver or front panel of my PC sound card (x-fi titanium) won't be able to drive these. I tried buying a matrix mini-i over the summer but the seller never shipped it... I suppose my money would still be best spent on that rather than another pair of headphones :p

Onkyo would drive em just fine.

770 would be sweet on sale. Looking at them, 990, they are open.

1 day less than 2 years ago Amazon had the 770's for 100 dollars. Even though I already had the Guitar Center 770's (80ohm black) I couldn't pass them up. Same thing when they had the TripleFi's for a hundred (ended up with two pairs of those).

1 day less than 2 years ago Amazon had the 770's for 100 dollars. Even though I already had the Guitar Center 770's (80ohm black) I couldn't pass them up. Same thing when they had the TripleFi's for a hundred (ended up with two pairs of those).

Wow I did the same thing. 2 sets of Triple.fi's and a set of 770s when they were both 100.

Don't know how long they've been this price at Amazon and I don't know how long they will stay that way. I know they weren't this cheap when I checked a month or two ago. They have the newer DT990s (not the old, worse Pros) for $179.99 when other places sell them for $299. 250 ohm (32-ohm costs more) so they aren't the easiest to drive. Don't buy them for an MP3 player or phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000F2BLTW

List Price: $349.00
Price: $179.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $169.05 (48%)

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Sold.... and its $20 cheaper now for $179 w/ free shipping..... not $200 like the title says! :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000F2BLTW

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The sale is still going which is good since my wife's Sennheiser 555s are falling apart and Christmas is coming. Are you guys that have these pleased with them?

Wow I did the same thing. 2 sets of Triple.fi's and a set of 770s when they were both 100.

yep, same here. I had both sets custom molded for me and my wife by InEarz and they're fantastic.

yep, same here. I had both sets custom molded for me and my wife by InEarz and they're fantastic.

How much did that cost? I got in on that deal too but my ear canals were way too small so they didn't fit well (my shure e4s fit way better with the small tips).

How much did that cost? I got in on that deal too but my ear canals were way too small so they didn't fit well (my shure e4s fit way better with the small tips).

My wife had the same problem, small ear canals. The TFs are big and it was hard for her to fit them even with the small silicon or Comply tips.

There were two steps for how we approached it:

1) get molds made of your ears by either an audiologist (cost varies) or a DIY kit like this one for $20.

2) send them in to a company like InEarZ which costs ~$100 and takes a couple of weeks (unless you rush it for a little extra).

I did the DIY molds which was pretty straightforward and easy.

** Back on topic :p **

Back