Beware when dealing with member Osrk

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilfieldtrash

Limp Gawd
Sold him a 280x. Osrk responds a day after getting it and says that it's overheating. I say okay send it back and I'll give you a refund. He then goes on a rant and says if I don't change my tone he'll keep the card for a few weeks before sending it back. Unpleasant words are exchanged and in the end we agree that he ships the card out and I'll refund him when I get it back in the condition I sent it in. Well low and behold before he even ships the card out he files a paypal dispute against me. :rolleyes: And to top it all off I get the card back yesterday afternoon and have been testing it all morning. Guess what? The card works perfectly fine. Just thought I'd let you guys know about this guy before he decides he wants to borrow your radeon card to mine with like he did mine. I did send him a full refund in the end but I'm out the $26 it cost me to ship him the card with insurance and signature confirmation.

I do agree that i hate this shit. But as everyone told me... its the price we pay by selling on forums :/ Thanks for the tip though.

Okay, so he's in a bad mood. And?

Uh did you miss the part where the guy claimed I sent him faulty merchandise and I had to refund his money after he filed a dispute on me? I got the card back and it works perfect. I'm out $26 and a significant amount of time because of this.

no one reads positive heat, everyone reads negitive and neutral. They will read it, and shrug. atleast thats what i do. He also might not be lying. I sold someone a mouse and they claimed it was buggy, I took it back and it worked. I then sold it and i asked the buyer to contact me in a few weeks to let me know if it worked and it did. Sometimes it could be a incompatibility, and who knows. if you lost 26 bucks id call it a wash. Just put him on a DNT list if you want. Id prefer to loose 26 bucks then potentially a lot more.

This. I don't think a thread is nessesary, this is what heatware is for

Probably so but I've acquired a 69-0 perfect heatware over several years of trading and I know this guy is going to screw it up and I wanted to get my side out there. I got jipped out of $26 and am going to likely get my first neg feedback. And all this because I gave a guy a decent deal on a fully functional card and he decides to have buyers remorse so I'm screwed.

Uh did you miss the part where the guy claimed I sent him faulty merchandise and I had to refund his money after he filed a dispute on me? I got the card back and it works perfect. I'm out $26 and a significant amount of time because of this.

I didn't. However in the case of a return of an "apparently" defective item, SOP is file a claim ASAP, even if you're in communication with the seller... that way it locks the money down before they can get it out of their account.

Please note the quotes around the "apparently" - I'm not going to make any justifications or motives for whatever issues the buyer might or might not have had for doing this. I'm just pointing out that I'd file a claim too, just in case. You're not wrong here, but neither exactly is the buyer in this case.

Not going to go into anything about what might have set the buyer off regarding his tone of communication because that's between you and him/her.

FWIW, I hope the buyer at least sees reason here in the transaction - no neg is warranted by either party. Maybe a neutral at best. If it were me as a buyer, I'd just walk away without leaving any ref.

I didn't. However in the case of a return of an "apparently" defective item, SOP is file a claim ASAP, even if you're in communication with the seller... that way it locks the money down before they can get it out of their account.

Please note the quotes around the "apparently" - I'm not going to make any justifications or motives for whatever issues the buyer might or might not have had for doing this. I'm just pointing out that I'd file a claim too, just in case. You're not wrong here, but neither exactly is the buyer in this case.

Not going to go into anything about what might have set the buyer off regarding his tone of communication because that's between you and him/her.

FWIW, I hope the buyer at least sees reason here in the transaction - no neg is warranted by either party. Maybe a neutral at best. If it were me as a buyer, I'd just walk away without leaving any ref.

This, We arent picking sides. Its just how the forum transactions roll.

You should have posted it here. As others need to know what happened. Plus you can put this link in with the feedback at heatware. You did the correct thing here by warning other people. Not sure what some of these folks issues are today honestly. I would like to thank you for taking the time to let me know what happened and warning the community. Very nice thing you did. It seems to be happening over and over in forums lately and more on [H] now. Hate for this to happen to any person.

Did he not understand how hot the R9 series cards run?
I seen a post from him today where he said "They also seem to run abnormally hot compared to 7970 (the one I briefly had, an MSI card, ran so hot running it at stock settings would likely damage the card)"
It seems he was comparing the temps of a 280x to a 7970, and since the 280x was hotter, he thought something was wrong with it? I wonder how hot it was getting.

Okay I've calmed down. I changed it to neutral. Hopefully it saves someone else the headache that I've gone through with this guy.

Why would you change it for? He made you spend money because he made a bad decision on buying a item and changed his mind. Told you it was defective just so you would take it back. That is a negative right there. He lied because he made a bad decision on purchasing a item, wasted your time and money. This isn't Walmart it is a For Sale and Trade forum.

Okay I've calmed down. I changed it to neutral. Hopefully it saves someone else the headache that I've gone through with this guy.

Right that way he can continue to do it to other people. Then they wonder why it happened to them also. Maybe you are still half asleep maybe but to say leave no heatware is dumb.

Why would you change it for? He made you spend money because he made a bad decision on buying a item and changed his mind. Told you it was defective just so you would take it back. That is a negative right there. He lied because he made a bad decision on purchasing a item, wasted your time and money. This isn't Walmart it is a For Sale and Trade forum.

Right that way he can continue to do it to other people. Then they wonder why it happened to them also. Maybe you are still half asleep maybe but to say leave no heatware is dumb.

And keep in mind, I said as the BUYER - I wouldn't leave an eval in this case. Or actually if I did feel the need to, I'd be obligated to leave a positive eval. The seller fulfilled all of the obligations of the sale without any issues - at least none that we're aware of - that warrant any lower of an eval grade.

Well I knew this was coming. I will post the entire instant message exchange. From the time I got card. I do admit things did get heated, but in the end he received the card back in less then a week after I identified the issue. I told him I opened the dispute as I think that's how paypal handles returns. I'm not sure and I even admitted that fact. The dispute closed automatically when I received my refund. Overall I would not deal with him again.

My initial reply after receiving the card:

OSRK:
Hits 90C 5 minute into burn in test@ 100% fan. Something is seriously wrong. I'm going to troubleshoot it tomorrow, if I can't fix it, this may be the first item I send back to someone.

OFT:
I'd rather you just send the card back before you abuse it mining then return it. I'll refund it once I get the card in the condition I sent it.

OSRK:
And I'd prefer it if someone didn't send me a POS card. Did you even attempt to bench this thing before you sent it off to someone? Did you not think I would at least QA check it before accepting? Given your response it seems you knew this thing would overheat and just prayed someone would use only to drive a few monitors. What did you expect the people on this forum are doing with these cards other then gaming, mining or folding? I do all three, any card I buy should not instantly overheat.

I am going to send it back to you via the address listed in paypal in the condition I received it, including all covers, boxes and accessories. I have not touched any of those. You're going to happily receive it, throw the card in the trash and potentially save a family from a horrible burning death as this card is a fire hazard. If you relist it in the forum, I am compelled to share my experience with this card so as you will not waste the time and money of another hapless victim.

OFT:
What are you accusing me of? I used the card for weeks without issue. You can check my heat and see I've had several years of trading on these forums anf luckily have never had the displeasure of dealing with someone such as yourself. The card worked perfectly fine until you received it and now it instantly overheats? lol. Sounds more like buyers remorse. If the card was defective as you claim it to be I would have returned it to newegg for a full refund or replacement as I'm the original owner and it was purchased within the last few weeks.

OSRK:
First off, if you could of returned it to newegg, then you would have, as selling it to me for $330 guarantees you take massive loss in paypal fees and shipping.

Second off, keep acting like a jackass and insulting me and maybe it will take me a few weeks to ship it, taking you out of your supposed return window and leaving you to deal with the great RMA department of MSI (hint, they're not so great). There is a problem and instead of being civil you instantly accuse me of "abusing" the card. There is no buyer's remorse and had genuine and sincere hopes that this card would work great. You can see from my heat as well that I haven't had any issues and this is the first time in 3 or 4 years I've been buying things I've had to return something. I don't enjoy shipping things cross country several times.

Now, I will be shipping it back to you later this week. The card is not being used as there is a real and present risk that something on it will ignite. Later this week is merely when I have time to go to the post office. Signature will be required

OFT:
All I said was ship the card back and you'll get refunded. If I was a scammer or someone trying to pass off a bunk card would I even respond or offer in sincerity to refund you? I don't appreciate the remarks that I'm trying to get over on you or anyone else. That was totally uncalled for. I'm sorry if the card has a problem. It just struck me as odd because I've used it for 3 weeks and havent had one issue. I offered to refund your money yet you still go on with the insults and threats. I also don't appreciate the fact you'll return later this week at your convenience. When you paid me did I ship it out at my convenience? I shipped the card within 3 hours of getting your payment. The least you could do is show me the same decency I showed you when you bought it. I'm trying to be civil and hope you can as well since this has gotten off on the wrong foot and spitting vile at each other is getting nowhere.

OSRK:
I think we both got defensive. I didn't like your insinuation that I was abusing the card and then it spiraled from there. Look, it runs super hot, I don't know what you were using it for, for a few weeks, but if load the gpu to 100% either with furmark or cgminer, the core temperatures goes to 90C+. There seems to be an issue with the card, the heatsink looked to be transferring heat well via recordings from my laser thermometer.

Anyways, as long as I get a lunch tomorrow I will send it back to you the way you sent it to me (which was very well).

OSRK:
Like I said first time I've had to return something, so I'd like to do it by the book. I opened a dispute on paypal just for paypal to track it. Planning on sending it out in an hour.

OFT:
I'm speechless. At what point did you think I'm out to screw you over? Was it when you paid for the item and I shipped it out priority within 3 hours of getting paid? Was it the packaging which could have handled shipping a carton of eggs? Was it when you said there was a problem and I responded quickly and offered to refund you in full after you returned it? I'm at a loss here as to why you have been treating me like a criminal when I've done nothing but handle my end of this transaction like a honest trader.

OSRK:
Not treating you like a criminal. Save the drama and settle down. I'm merely following the procedures and protocols put in place by Paypal. Nothing happens from that unless you and I cannot come to an agreement on something. Like I said I have no problem with our resolution and even explicitly stated that in the Paypal resolution center. You were following the Paypal procedures by making sure you shipped to a verified address and requiring a signature. That was 100% fine. I am doing the same.

I have shipped it back to you at my expense. The tracking is:
REDACTED

Signature will be required.

OFT:
signed for the package today. haven't even had time to open it. will open tomorrow and send refund tomorrow before 6pm.

OFT:
refund sent

OFT:
The card works just fine. You and I both know that already though. I let it run Heaven benchmark for 10 mins at 99% gpu usage and the stock fan settings and it only got up to 74c. Thanks for wasting my time and money. It cost me $27 to ship that card to you only for you to get buyers remorse and scam me out of a refund.

OSRK:
Try running furmark or CGMiner. Think about it, why the hell would I have buyer remorse? So I buy a card, have buyers remorse for what reason? I can't think of any. I don't care about power, I don't care about noise, I only care that the card works fine and it did not. I also made no additional attempts to troubleshoot it once you accused me of abusing the card.

I stand by my assessment that the card is defective. It consistently hit 90C+ @ 100% fan when testing. I don't care what you think, if you think I'm trying to scam you that's fine, but add up the numbers, I'm out a significant amount of my money and time. As of now I am out $16 in shipping it back to you and 10+ days of mining with that card (so an additional $50-60 I could have made). Additionally it cost me an additional $30 to find a suitable replacement over the price I paid you. So this little ordeal ended up costing me $100+ plus the so pleasant private messages with you. So ya I sure did scam you good!

You need to cool down and assess the facts.

Sold him a 280x. Osrk responds a day after getting it and says that it's overheating. I say okay send it back and I'll give you a refund. He then goes on a rant and says if I don't change my tone he'll keep the card for a few weeks before sending it back. Unpleasant words are exchanged and in the end we agree that he ships the card out and I'll refund him when I get it back in the condition I sent it in. Well low and behold before he even ships the card out he files a paypal dispute against me. :rolleyes: And to top it all off I get the card back yesterday afternoon and have been testing it all morning. Guess what? The card works perfectly fine. Just thought I'd let you guys know about this guy before he decides he wants to borrow your radeon card to mine with like he did mine. I did send him a full refund in the end but I'm out the $26 it cost me to ship him the card with insurance and signature confirmation.

I didn't borrow your card to mine. I ran it for a total of 5 minutes observed a problem and messaged you. After that I unplugged it and did not touch it. I received the card on Monday and shipped it back to you on Wednesday after we spent Tuesday arguing. So I spent $15 to borrow a card for a day and half? Economics don't match.

Probably so but I've acquired a 69-0 perfect heatware over several years of trading and I know this guy is going to screw it up and I wanted to get my side out there. I got jipped out of $26 and am going to likely get my first neg feedback. And all this because I gave a guy a decent deal on a fully functional card and he decides to have buyers remorse so I'm screwed.

Actually if you had talked to me before going on the offensive I wasn't going to leave any heatware as things were trending towards being civil. But you left me negative heatware and then started this thread without consulting me. As a result I had no further recourse then to also you leave your negative heatware with my side of the story.

Actually if you had talked to me before going on the offensive I wasn't going to leave any heatware as things were trending towards being civil. But you left me negative heatware and then started this thread without consulting me. As a result I had no further recourse then to also you leave your negative heatware with my side of the story.

Keep in mind "retaliatory" evals are against Heatware's policy.

Leave an appropriate eval for the TRANSACTION, not the emotions. (Which your eval of the OP is clearly the latter)

Curious do you have any screen shots showing the gpu hitting these temperatures?

OSRK:
Hits 90C 5 minute into burn in test@ 100% fan. Something is seriously wrong. I'm going to troubleshoot it tomorrow, if I can't fix it, this may be the first item I send back to someone.

Keep in mind "retaliatory" evals are against Heatware's policy.

Leave an appropriate eval for the TRANSACTION, not the emotions. (Which your eval of the OP is clearly the latter)

And his is a clear concise evaluation of the transaction? Did you read his? It's just him posting his side. It leaves out completely that I returned it in less then a week and paid for the return shipping myself or any of our pleasant exchanges.

Edit: he just deleted most of his heatware and changed it to neutral. So I see where you got confused.

Email from heatware

Dear osrk,

A Negative evaluation has been posted on your account from OILFIELDTRASH.

To view this evaluation, please use the following URL:

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=66212&eval=682226

Best wishes,

- The HeatWare.com Team

Last edited:
Wow, a few things. First Orsk, to be blunt, you were the one that started off acting like the jackass. You test a card known to run hot for all of 5 minutes. It wasn't a normal 5 minutes either, you admit to running a benchmark on it. 90c is hot but not necessarily burn the card hot for an R200 card. Instead of just saying you would like to send the card back for a refund, you instantly accuse him of knowingly sending you a faulty card, and one that might cause "a horrible burning death as this card is a fire hazard". Seriously? What is your issue man? There is absolutely no cause for this kind of behavior after you only tested it for 5 minutes. I have had a number of GPUs get higher than 90c without burning themselves out, much less the computer, much less the room, much less the floor, much less the building, and certainly far less than an entire family... All the drama here I am sorry to say, seems to have been initiated by you.

And his is a clear concise evaluation of the transaction? Did you read his? It's just him posting his side. It leaves out completely that I returned it in less then a week and paid for the return shipping myself or any of our pleasant exchanges.

Edit: he just deleted most of his heatware and changed it to neutral. So I see were you got confused.

I wasn't confused. Read a bit further up in the thread - you'll see where level headed reason prevailed.

Hopefully the same goes on your part. Other than some fired up emotions and some harsh words on both sides, there's no reason for negative evals from either party. The end result of the transaction was still that the item was delivered or a refund was processed, and it was done pretty much in a normal time frame. Other than being upset over some words that were said, there's no need for all this.

Wow, a few things. First Orsk, to be blunt, you were the one that started off acting like the jackass. You test a card known to run hot for all of 5 minutes. It wasn't a normal 5 minutes either, you admit to running a benchmark on it. 90c is hot but not necessarily burn the card hot for an R200 card. Instead of just saying you would like to send the card back for a refund, you instantly accuse him of knowingly sending you a faulty card, and one that might cause "a horrible burning death as this card is a fire hazard". Seriously? What is your issue man? There is absolutely no cause for this kind of behavior after you only tested it for 5 minutes. I have had a number of GPUs get higher than 90c without burning themselves out, much less the computer, much less the room, much less the floor, much less the building, and certainly far less than an entire family... All the drama here I am sorry to say, seems to have been initiated by you.

It was late at night. I sent the email before I went to bed and woke up to that response accusing me of abusing the card while mining. I even admitted I needed more time to troubleshoot it. Also ya I do admit after getting the "abusing" comment I got a little sarcastic and corrected my tone in later messages.

No pics = BS Claim. Just sayin...

Seems like a BS claim to me after claiming he does all these things with his cards, but only runs a bench for 5 mins before he has to shut everything down. Then does absolutely no further troubleshooting or investigating before instantly shooting off a return request to the seller... The buyer's whole story seems fishy to me.

I wasn't confused. Read a bit further up in the thread - you'll see where level headed reason prevailed.

No if you see his initial heatware like I did you would understand. My response was based on the initial post.

Last edited:
Seems like a BS claim to me after claiming he does all these things with his cards, but only runs a bench for 5 mins before he has to shut everything down. Then does absolutely no further troubleshooting or investigating before instantly shooting off a return request to the seller... The buyer's whole story seems fishy to me.
No one has pointed out to me what I gained by requesting a card be shipped halfway across the country, have it in my possession less than 48hrs, and send it back to the seller at my expense. Do I have some maniacal strategy to boost USPS's profits? Also I benched it for longer but it hit 90C+ after less then 5 minutes. The seller requested I perform no further troubleshooting which i complied with.

No one has pointed out to me what I gained by requesting a card be shipped halfway across the country, have it in my possession less than 48hrs, and send it back to the seller at my expense. Do I have some maniacal strategy to boost USPS's profits? Also I benched it for longer but it hit 90C+ after less then 5 minutes. The seller requested I perform no further troubleshooting which i complied with.

Perhaps you just couldn't afford the card to begin with? What do you have to gain? A refund. That is pretty simple and clear to see and understand. What do you have to gain by shooting off a message after only testing a card for 5 mins and late at night? Why not wait a day and see what might have been the cause? Why not have engaged the buyer and instead of immediately assuming the card was bad asking what heat numbers he was seeing on the card? Perhaps not continually trying to accuse him, you could have used a much more cordial dialect? Going through the entire conversation that you posted two things are clear to me. 1) You acted prematurely in accusing the seller of sending a faulty card. 2) You, not him, were the one creating drama and flying off the cuff with accusations and derogatory inflaming comments. That is just my perspective though.

First off, OSRK what case do you have? Does your rig even have sufficient air flow?

People who bench with 280's (not saying buyer did, using this as ref) report back with 80-83'c temps under full load/mining. Different type of usage/programs will put more stress on the graphics card. You gave us the load temp, what was the idle temp? If it's anywhere from 35-45'C the card is perfectly fine. Again if anything your case is suffocating.

Second off, keep acting like a jackass and insulting me and maybe it will take me a few weeks to ship it, taking you out of your supposed return window and leaving you to deal with the great RMA department of MSI (hint, they're not so great).

That there sir is full of ridiculousness.

'd rather you just send the card back before you abuse it mining then return it. I'll refund it once I get the card in the condition I sent it.

^ if buyer were the bigger man, he would have ignored sellers response and said "Okay, will ship it out and give you tracking." Seller doesn't know what you did with the card, so what if he accuses you? He already offered the refund....... right? You decided to engage in an argument, not the seller.

If I asked for a refund, and they said yes but gave a rude remark about his/her answer, i'd shut the hell up and just send whatever I bought back for my money. There is nothing to win over an argument on forums like these lol, you simply just have to accept that.

EDIT : I guess you did try to mine with the card.

Try running furmark or CGMiner. Think about it, why the hell would I have buyer remorse? So I buy a card, have buyers remorse for what reason? I can't think of any. I don't care about power, I don't care about noise, I only care that the card works fine and it did not. I also made no additional attempts to troubleshoot it once you accused me of abusing the card.

This.

And this. Osrk you're on my blacklist.

The thread title appears - correct.

Best,

Liquid Cool

And I'd prefer it if someone didn't send me a POS card. Did you even attempt to bench this thing before you sent it off to someone? Did you not think I would at least QA check it before accepting? Given your response it seems you knew this thing would overheat and just prayed someone would use only to drive a few monitors. What did you expect the people on this forum are doing with these cards other then gaming, mining or folding? I do all three, any card I buy should not instantly overheat.

I am going to send it back to you via the address listed in paypal in the condition I received it, including all covers, boxes and accessories. I have not touched any of those. You're going to happily receive it, throw the card in the trash and potentially save a family from a horrible burning death as this card is a fire hazard. If you relist it in the forum, I am compelled to share my experience with this card so as you will not waste the time and money of another hapless victim.

Holy mother of overreactions, Batman!

Well I knew this was coming. I will post the entire instant message exchange. From the time I got card. I do admit things did get heated, but in the end he received the card back in less then a week after I identified the issue. I told him I opened the dispute as I think that's how paypal handles returns. I'm not sure and I even admitted that fact. The dispute closed automatically when I received my refund. Overall I would not deal with him again.

My initial reply after receiving the card:

OSRK:

OFT:
I'd rather you just send the card back before you abuse it mining then return it. I'll refund it once I get the card in the condition I sent it.

OSRK:

OFT:
What are you accusing me of? I used the card for weeks without issue. You can check my heat and see I've had several years of trading on these forums anf luckily have never had the displeasure of dealing with someone such as yourself. The card worked perfectly fine until you received it and now it instantly overheats? lol. Sounds more like buyers remorse. If the card was defective as you claim it to be I would have returned it to newegg for a full refund or replacement as I'm the original owner and it was purchased within the last few weeks.

OSRK:
First off, if you could of returned it to newegg, then you would have, as selling it to me for $330 guarantees you take massive loss in paypal fees and shipping.

Second off, keep acting like a jackass and insulting me and maybe it will take me a few weeks to ship it, taking you out of your supposed return window and leaving you to deal with the great RMA department of MSI (hint, they're not so great). There is a problem and instead of being civil you instantly accuse me of "abusing" the card. There is no buyer's remorse and had genuine and sincere hopes that this card would work great. You can see from my heat as well that I haven't had any issues and this is the first time in 3 or 4 years I've been buying things I've had to return something. I don't enjoy shipping things cross country several times.

Now, I will be shipping it back to you later this week. The card is not being used as there is a real and present risk that something on it will ignite. Later this week is merely when I have time to go to the post office. Signature will be required

OFT:
All I said was ship the card back and you'll get refunded. If I was a scammer or someone trying to pass off a bunk card would I even respond or offer in sincerity to refund you? I don't appreciate the remarks that I'm trying to get over on you or anyone else. That was totally uncalled for. I'm sorry if the card has a problem. It just struck me as odd because I've used it for 3 weeks and havent had one issue. I offered to refund your money yet you still go on with the insults and threats. I also don't appreciate the fact you'll return later this week at your convenience. When you paid me did I ship it out at my convenience? I shipped the card within 3 hours of getting your payment. The least you could do is show me the same decency I showed you when you bought it. I'm trying to be civil and hope you can as well since this has gotten off on the wrong foot and spitting vile at each other is getting nowhere.

OSRK:
I think we both got defensive. I didn't like your insinuation that I was abusing the card and then it spiraled from there. Look, it runs super hot, I don't know what you were using it for, for a few weeks, but if load the gpu to 100% either with furmark or cgminer, the core temperatures goes to 90C+. There seems to be an issue with the card, the heatsink looked to be transferring heat well via recordings from my laser thermometer.

Anyways, as long as I get a lunch tomorrow I will send it back to you the way you sent it to me (which was very well).

OSRK:
Like I said first time I've had to return something, so I'd like to do it by the book. I opened a dispute on paypal just for paypal to track it. Planning on sending it out in an hour.

OFT:
I'm speechless. At what point did you think I'm out to screw you over? Was it when you paid for the item and I shipped it out priority within 3 hours of getting paid? Was it the packaging which could have handled shipping a carton of eggs? Was it when you said there was a problem and I responded quickly and offered to refund you in full after you returned it? I'm at a loss here as to why you have been treating me like a criminal when I've done nothing but handle my end of this transaction like a honest trader.

OSRK:
Not treating you like a criminal. Save the drama and settle down. I'm merely following the procedures and protocols put in place by Paypal. Nothing happens from that unless you and I cannot come to an agreement on something. Like I said I have no problem with our resolution and even explicitly stated that in the Paypal resolution center. You were following the Paypal procedures by making sure you shipped to a verified address and requiring a signature. That was 100% fine. I am doing the same.

I have shipped it back to you at my expense. The tracking is:
REDACTED

Signature will be required.

OFT:
signed for the package today. haven't even had time to open it. will open tomorrow and send refund tomorrow before 6pm.

OFT:
refund sent

OFT:
The card works just fine. You and I both know that already though. I let it run Heaven benchmark for 10 mins at 99% gpu usage and the stock fan settings and it only got up to 74c. Thanks for wasting my time and money. It cost me $27 to ship that card to you only for you to get buyers remorse and scam me out of a refund.

OSRK:

I stand by my assessment that the card is defective. It consistently hit 90C+ @ 100% fan when testing. I don't care what you think, if you think I'm trying to scam you that's fine, but add up the numbers, I'm out a significant amount of my money and time. As of now I am out $16 in shipping it back to you and 10+ days of mining with that card (so an additional $50-60 I could have made). Additionally it cost me an additional $30 to find a suitable replacement over the price I paid you. So this little ordeal ended up costing me $100+ plus the so pleasant private messages with you. So ya I sure did scam you good!

You need to cool down and assess the facts.

The second you called me a Jackass and said that it would take a few weeks to ship it I'd spend the money in my PayPal account then unlink my bank account and card and then closed my PayPal account so that I would lose no money and stuck you with a card... Not everyone benches hell most people get their card put it in and deal with the temperatures. I'm so sure it would burn your house down lol :) I had a GTX 480 that would sit at 97C for three years and it worked forever.... You also have to realize that mining is very hard on your card and will run your temps up so much more than gaming will...

I didn't borrow your card to mine. I ran it for a total of 5 minutes observed a problem and messaged you. After that I unplugged it and did not touch it. I received the card on Monday and shipped it back to you on Wednesday after we spent Tuesday arguing. So I spent $15 to borrow a card for a day and half? Economics don't match.

I think it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes to run the benchmarks you said and setup the miner to take advantage of the card you have as every card is different...

Osrk added to my list. Shame that he didn't research about the heat-monger that the R series is. Even AMD has stated that 90c is a perfectly operating temp.

It was late at night. I sent the email before I went to bed and woke up to that response accusing me of abusing the card while mining. I even admitted I needed more time to troubleshoot it. Also ya I do admit after getting the "abusing" comment I got a little sarcastic and corrected my tone in later messages.

Meh...the internet has spoken and it seems you were the one at fault.

My recommendation to all others who read this thread is to find any and all places this guy, osrk, does business, learn what handles/forumnames he uses, and just avoid doing business with him.

Maybe he's a great guy IRL, but he's radioactive as a potential buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back