Beware selling to user Rectangle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could find that crack on seer37's picture.
Look closely where the dent is: look above that region you could find a tiny line going by which is the crack.
But I wouldn't consider that as a major issue since its tiny, may be seer37 didn't notice it that much.
Best way to solve this would be doing a partial refund or taking back only the black phone.
Hope you get it sorted out.
But you could have done this privately through pm that posting a thread here.
My 2¢

I say do the chargeback anyways, clearly hasn't been "A MONTH" (like the seller keeps pushing) since you've had the phones and who knows how long the buyer had waited before opening the boxes to inspect the phones.

Seller seems very reluctant to provide clear photos and keeps pushing that the buyer has had "A MONTH" with the phones. Shit happens in life and you can't always get to your stuff on time.

Either both of you guys agree to a settlement or the buyer has to do what he's got to do.

I think we're still waiting to hear why the buyer took so long to report the crack screen issue.

My phones were in great condition when they left my possession. Buyer has had them for a good while.

Yes, the buyer should have reported all this sooner.

But, I'm willing to sympathize if he did, in fact, receive damaged goods.

Seer37, I have a question regarding this crack from rectangle's photo:

iphone_crack.jpg

When I look at your full 3264 x 2448 original, I see what could be lines, although very subtle, that could indicate such a crack. This is your original image at original resolution, just cropped to the relevant piece:

iphone_orig.jpg

So, was that crack there before the phone was shipped?

And your shipping receipt photos are very clear. Why weren't you able to provide product photos of similar quality?

Last edited:
3 weeks and 3 days. Pretty close to a month I'd say.

Ok buyer was busy and didn't power on the phone to check which model he bought. Let's say everyone buys that, did it also take him almost a month to open the package to check for physical damage or if the seller in fact just sent him a box of dirt, maybe some hollowed out phones, ones with bad IMEIs, etc.

As soon as a package arrives it should be inspected. 1 week after I can see it but 3 weeks and 3 days later just sounds bogus.

You spent over $1k for the iphones and didn't inspect the package right away. Something fishy

Thank you all for your input.

I thought Seer37 will have the decency to mention the fact that I told him via pm's before buying these devices that I travel abroad very often (Although it was GSM unlocked related information).

I also told him (or his wife via email) that I couldn't inspect them sooner because I was abroad all this time.

I took a look again at his photos (I didn't know an iPhone 6 could take such bad photos), and I could see the crack, although it is pretty hard to see it.

I buy mostly on other places, but Hard forum was not only a trading place but a wonderful source of knowledge. After that kind of trashing, no one will want to sell me anything, so thank you very much Seer37.

Thank you all again and have a wonderful Friday :(

Ignoring the buyers delayed response in checking the phone, the seller did not fully describe the phone accurately and is trying to cover up the crack by saying it's the "case" ? No it's not the case, it's an obvious crack. These phones are not like new, they are used and abused and the signs of wear are obvious.

Because of paypals policy, if these phones were originally sold without damage described then I find in favor of of the buyer (rectangle) filing a return request with paypal and returning the phones.

Of course that's just my opinion and what I would do in his position.

Here's my take on this one... I don't think I'd deal with either the buyer or seller in the future. It is the buyers responsibility to inspect the items upon receipt and the sellers responsibility to disclose accurate descriptions. It's also MY responsibility to ask for better photos and more information if I deem the ones posted as shite (which they were in this case).

Both of you, good luck!

Last edited:
rectangle should have reported this sooner. I can understand delays due to travel, work, or other circumstances, but 3+ weeks isn't reasonable.

Even still, I side with him.

Seer37's clear picture of a shipping receipt, contrasted with a bad quality photo of one of the phone's in question is suspicious. It clearly shows a scuff mark on the bottom right corner of phone though. He claims he has plenty of photos showing the phone in like new condition, but I personally don't see that in the 3 photos provided. It's also worth mentioning that his photos exist in this thread only b/c rectangle posted them.

If I was in rectangle's position, I'd seek full refund.

If I was in Seer37's position, I'd give it to him.

Last edited:
I agree with you. Granted it seems the buyer did take his/her time in reporting it, his/her case is becoming stronger and stronger. Doesn't look good the seller removed the photos... Also , date on shipping receipt is the 29th (3 day shipping). So the buyer got the phones this month, not in Sept. So he/she has only had them for about 2 1/2 weeks. (granted that is still more than enough time to look them over)

No. The shipping date was the 25th. The Expected Delivery Date was the 29th. So, 3.5 weeks. Close enough to call it "a month".

rectangle should not be buying or selling on the forums as he hasn't even reached the 100 post count to participate in the FS section.

Also who buys $1000 dollars worth of cell phones without clear pictures and then takes 3.5 weeks to say they are damaged.

It smells like fish on both ends!

Plot twist: they were both trying to screw the other person and they both screwed that up :p

This is why I don't sell to buyers that inform me they are "currently abroad", which happens here to me. If the phones work, I say it's a done deal at this point. Seer37 has x5 the post count, and an "about me" page, that's all I've got to go on. Also yeah, 100 posts required ... I thought it was 50.

Last edited:
I've sold Rectangle a phone or two and have had no problems whatsoever with him.

Would not buy or sell to either person. I lean toward Seer37's side, because there is just no excuse for waiting almost a month to inspect your items. Anything beyond this is irrelevant, IMO. If we were talking one week,but....3,5?

At any rate, a chargeback is a dirty play - the buyer gets his cash, and there is nothing requiring that the phones be returned. A formal Paypal dispute would be the legit way to handle this.

I'm always think something is fishy when in todays day and age ANY photo is grainy. Or if pictures are taken with little/low or no light/flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back