Beware of LAMPTRON

Ashbringer

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm trying to get a power controller to lower the speed of my water pump, and I got the LAMPTRON FC4. Some reason the black one costed $10 more then the silver, but whatever. Total was $30 from www.frozencpu.com not including shipping. Some reason the transistors get very hot, the one that powers the water pump anyway.

So I wanted to check out the mosfets themselves, cause they're visible. The company went through the trouble to grind off any information about them. So I can't even tell if they're rated for 20W, but considering they went through the trouble to grind it off, I doubt it.

I sent LAMPTRON a message and waiting for their response, to see if this is a tampered product. The product works fine so far, but is the hot temperature normal? Seems like the semiconductor is ready to burn out. Either way, grinding off the label of the key component is very shady.

Last edited:
Those do get hot, my scythe fan controller has heatsinks on them. If they should get hot enough to burn I don't know but if mine has heatsinks then that hot is probably not out of the question. You may want to get input from others.

If I don't hear from lamptron or get an acceptable answer, then I'll just ask for my money back from frozencpu.

Last edited:
I have the same fan controller. It gets hot as shit. I actually threw an enzotech heatsink on one that I loaded up with fans.

Other than that its always worked well and doesn't make any extra noise unlike the other two fan controllers that I've used.

Lamptron has been great for me with my fc8,had a simple question, contacted support, they were great, but a little slow (China based iirc)

Back