Beware of =Gunslinger=

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanuthead

Supreme [H]ardness
Had an item sold and paid for, then decides to sell the processor to his brother. Sad part is they have good Heat. The money was clearly taken so there was a sales transaction.

I asked about an i3 processor from him on after/evening of 12-9-2016. I paid mid-day on 12-10-2016 and he marks the item as sold at that time. I never hear anything until I inquire about shipment today. He responds back with he refunded on 12-12-2016 and it cleared his bank on 12-13-2016. Unfortunately, I never received any communication from him at any point other than the receipt of his Paypal address for payment. Nor did I receive any communication/emails from Paypal to state the amount had been refunded/refund started. I did receive something today after the refund had been fully completed. If you have my funds for 3 days you evidently had some committal to the transaction. I'm up the creek as I now have to place a high priority project of mine on hold to source another processor for near the price I paid. At least I received the funds back. Just a FYI to beware or keep in constant contact. I'll just chalk it up to a crappy transaction.

That sucks, brajj

Purchased a 5960X from him. No issues or complaints whatsoever

That definitely isn't like him. I've bought a bunch of stuff from him without issue and I know he use to sell a lot of stuff are really good prices.

I don't disagree. The issue really is the communication. As I said, if you have funds for 3 days there must have been some committal to the sale and not the sale to your brother. The very least there could have been a refund of the funds on Saturday and not on Monday/Tuesday, and followed up with a brief PM.

Ive traded with him too and i had no issues. Sounds like a poor move on his part though.

The refund took longer than usual because it went back as an e-check instead of a refund directly from my PayPal account. I've been buying parts for a customer build and didn't maintain a PayPal balance.

I should have communicated the issue sooner but didn't and that is 100% on me.

Regardless, you've got 100% of your payment back, and the case is closed in my opinion.

The refund took longer than usual because it went back as an e-check instead of a refund directly from my PayPal account. I've been buying parts for a customer build and didn't maintain a PayPal balance.

I should have communicated the issue sooner but didn't and that is 100% on me.

Regardless, you've got 100% of your payment back, and the case is closed in my opinion.

I will respectfully disagree the case is closed, as it is not that simple.
You say it is 100% on you for what happened, but I dont even see a apology.

Don't get me wrong, as I am not hating on you, and stopping in this thread to admit it is on you it the right thing to do, but still, the OP has a right to air his issue.

This has come up multiple times in these types of threads, as to what constitutes a "transaction," and being paid money, holding it for a certain time and then issuing a refund is at least two transactions.
The buyer has a right to be upset. Just my $.02

I will respectfully disagree the case is closed, as it is not that simple.
You say it is 100% on you for what happened, but I dont even see a apology.

Don't get me wrong, as I am not hating on you, and stopping in this thread to admit it is on you it the right thing to do, but still, the OP has a right to air his issue.

This has come up multiple times in these types of threads, as to what constitutes a "transaction," and being paid money, holding it for a certain time and then issuing a refund is at least two transactions.
The buyer has a right to be upset. Just my $.02

Apologies and an explanation were made in the note section of the PayPal refund.

The explanation came through today after the refund was completed. It said "Apologies, my brother ended up buying the CPU so I'm refunding your payment." The apology sounds half-hearted to me. And it's obvious you decided to sell you your brother after the fact. Poor move on your part. That aside if you just sent me a message I most likely would have been understanding. Like I said - Buyer beware. Mods - If you want you may close this thread. My peace has been said, buyers have been made aware, and I have moved onto looking for a replacement CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back