Beware: Amazon Ryzen fraud

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
WCCFTech story here.

The scam itself is very elaborate. Apart from the fact that it is very clearly an LGA based Intel processor (the distinctive shape of the PCB is obvious to any PC enthusiast), the scammer(s) managed to remove the Intel markings on top of the package and even place legitimate-looking Ryzen markings.

I am not sure what their game is here. I mean won't Amazon refund you for this when you show them the evidence?

Those guys will get busted if the are in the US. Forget it if it's China. Maybe, the chinese don't like that shit either

Processors are cheap enough. Why buy RMAs

Because you're not buying an RMA - so you think. And processors are not cheap and sometimes not available new, like the Xeon E3 I purchased for my HP Microserver.

They need to improve their RMA process and prosecute fraudsters. Yeah, employ someone competent.

And that costs money. But the problem is not RMA. The problem is people selling fraudulent products in the first place and Amazon having to foot the cost of the refund.

Well maybe they will be more careful. It's their fault for not looking at the returns more closely. Hopefully they will be better informed now. Refurbs as new? c'mon

They need to improve their RMA process and prosecute fraudsters. Yeah, employ someone competent.

different countries have different laws, so if they're being sold out of china there's not a whole lot amazon can do except remove them as a seller which they can just make a new account with a different company name.. unless it's a big enough issue then china doesn't give a crap either..

Back