between a rock and a hard spot

Well got me a zalman 7000 alcu and rofl i forgot how to take off the heatsink! Its been over a year since i did it and i absolutely dont remember how to do it at all. Can someone help me find a tutorial online for putting on/taking off a heatsink (either one will do) I tried google but honestly i blow at finding good sites. All help appreicated, thanks!

Are you talkin bout the Intel Stock cooler, if it is...then just pull the 2 handles both to their opposite direction to unhook them from the retention mechanism....break it if you have to...hehehe..j/k You got a better cooler now...Just be careful when you pull the P4 stock hs, you might be surprised that someone stole your cpu. :D Just use a dental floss or a thread if your cpu happen to stick under your the hs.........

BL

henesseynalert said:
Are you talkin bout the Intel Stock cooler, if it is...then just pull the 2 handles both to their opposite direction to unhook them from the retention mechanism....break it if you have to...hehehe..j/k You got a better cooler now...Just be careful when you pull the P4 stock hs, you might be surprised that someone stole your cpu. :D Just use a dental floss or a thread if your cpu happen to stick under your the hs.........

BL
How much pressure do i have to put to undo the handles 100%? I mean i tried the handles, and it went about half way, then i got scared and stopped. THe tutorial would have given me a refresher on the structure of the HSF and processor and so i would know somewhat what im doing :D

quiksilverx181 said:
How much pressure do i have to put to undo the handles 100%? I mean i tried the handles, and it went about half way, then i got scared and stopped. THe tutorial would have given me a refresher on the structure of the HSF and processor and so i would know somewhat what im doing :D

I cant believe you bro!!I It's just an intel stock cooler...heheheh.. :D Alright this is what i would do if i were in your shoes, I'd put pressure on the HS itself, then slightly to the handles till they unhook from the P4 retention mechanism. Once they're unhook and your still having trouble getting it off, grab a blow dryer and slightly heat it up then pull it straight forward.....Dont twist. Even if your cpu is at the bottom of the hs after, as long as there's no bent pins, you're alright................

Honestly this is not difficult. P$'s are the easiest to put on and remove. I am beginning to think that you are not serious...

Back