Better vrm board requires less voltage for cpu?

beheo2019

Bad Trader
I have a asus prime a z390 and 9900ks. Will a aorus master require less voltage for my cpu to be stable?

I have a asus prime a z390 and 9900ks. Will a aorus master require less voltage for my cpu to be stable?
Maybe, but not for the reasons you think. Additional VRM phases could theoretically help with the voltage setting you need to get a particular CPU stable, but it's unlikely to make a huge difference in a system you actually use.

What might make a bit of a difference, and this is something you sometimes don't get on lower end boards, is the ability to adjust LLC or other voltages. I have two Aorus Elite boards that allow adjusting this, and I've found that setting it to the "high" setting makes a difference in stability for my 9900K. "High" is like a 2 or 3 out of 7 on the scale.

Edit: It's not likely to make a huge difference, though. In my case, adjusting the LLC makes the difference between 4.9 and 5 GHz on my 9900K. It's technically measurable, but I wouldn't buy a whole motherboard just for 100MHz unless I were doing overclocking competitively.

Last edited:
So why a 5.2ghz chip able to run 8hr in prime 95 at 1.3v on evga dark, then put to my asus prime a and blue screen after 5s?

Back