Better then my Altec Lansings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiny

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey people just wondering if these would be better then my current Altec Lansings that are only rated at 250W?

Pic:
SNOWMAN-BOX.jpg

Link:
http://www.dumpinggoods.com/dumpinggoods/itemdesc.asp?cartID=84489-ACCWARE-84LCCVT382&ic=SP-POW-0001

i jsut got creative 7.1 channel speakers. those things look ridiculous. how many channels does your sound card have? get some nice (not gimmick) speakers and enjoy the beauteous sound quality.

Just got a Creative with the box that sits in the drive bay also. 5.1 output I think.

Awwww man..... they would be so cool if they danced. :D

Btw.....it usually helps us offer comparisons of products when we know what they are.
What is the model number of said Altec speakers?
These may JUST BE an upgrade. :p

I think it's pretty clear that it just doesn't get any better than a pair of 300W PMPO Snowman-shaped speakers.

Ditch your Altecs and use the profits to buy crack cocaine, that's what I did.
I mean look at these specifications:
- Drive Units 3" Full Range
- P.M.P.O 300 Watts
- Frequency Response 200Hxz~20Khz +-3dB
- S/n ratio 55dB

I don't even know what kind of unit a Hxz is, but since these guys hit 20KHz on the high end, I bet it's all good.

the druggie said:
That explains alot...... but I have one question now.
Why you been holding out on us? :mad:

BTW... those speakers are dying for sound activated bobble heads and glowing eyes.
Imagine what some Pantera would do to those freaking snowmen then. :D

MisterExCrackDealer said:
Why you been holding out on us?

How do you think I keep my whores docile?
I just don't have much to spare these days.

I assure you, once they let "Freeway" Ricky Ross out of the pokey everybody on the board will be getting free crack cocaine whether they like it or not.

Imagine what some Pantera would do to those freaking snowmen then.
I'm guessing "Forking" Hostile would send their heads a flyin', raining plastic shrapnel across the fruited plain.

leukotriene said:
I think it's pretty clear that it just doesn't get any better than a pair of 300W PMPO Snowman-shaped speakers.

I mean look at these specifications:

I don't even know what kind of unit a Hxz is, but since these guys hit 20KHz on the high end, I bet it's all good.
Yeah, but check out the S/N ratio.... lets see how many hundreds of times better most speakers are than that.

jsu718 said:
Yeah, but check out the S/N ratio.... lets see how many hundreds of times better most speakers are than that.

Don't you talk smack about my "Snow Man Speaks...". You shall leave me with no other choice than to call you a poopiehead. After that, it just gets ugly.

I can't find my speakers online anywhere, and they no longer have a model number. But I drew a pic(in paint-with a mouse so forgive me). My girlfriend got them for me....thought it would be funny since they look a little phalic. :rolleyes:

Anyway:
untitled.jpg

The snowman speakers aren't in the same league with your little Altecs.

Of course I might just be saying that so I can horde all of the little snowmen speakers for myself because I covet their rakish red hats and multicolored scarves.

GMC said:
You shall leave me with no other choice than to call you a poopiehead.
:eek: Such language!
My pristine eyes have now been sullied by your obtuse profanity sir!
We duel at dawn!

Bring the snowman speakers!

Here is the link for the Altecs that I have....it is a pdf. file so make sure you have Acrobat reader...if you click the link that is.

Anyway, what is a good set of 2.1's for PC, music, gaming and such. I am not into 5.1 right now.

link: http://www.alteclansing.com/downloads/ATP3.pdf

watt for watt those have to be the best price/performance balance anywhere!!! Order 2, or 3!!! or sell them to your friends saying you have an extra 300 W system you need to get off your hands for a cheap price, like $50 or $60.... (make them pay first) then throw the speakers at them and run off to another country never to be found again. End of discussion.

Snowman schnowman...

Geez, 300 PMPO watts could be just 3 RMS watts total (1.5W per speaker). That's because not all manufacturers use the same alogarithm, nor they even use the same piece of music, in concocting those overblown PMPO watts. And PMPO ratings are always the most overblown of all the methods of rating output power of loudspeakers. Even a single sharp musical peak can never come anywhere close to reaching the emblazoned PMPO rating. So, what manufacturers do is to add up all of the peaks and valleys, and come up with such a rating - and again, even that rating varies extremely widely from maker to maker.

As a result, both Burst RMS and Continuous RMS are far better ways of measuring the meaningfully true power output of any amplifier, including powered speakers.

It seems that somebody ddint understand that the post was a joke :rolleyes:

E4g1e said:
Snowman schnowman...

Geez, 300 PMPO watts could be just 3 RMS watts total (1.5W per speaker). That's because not all manufacturers use the same alogarithm, nor they even use the same piece of music, in concocting those overblown PMPO watts. And PMPO ratings are always the most overblown of all the methods of rating output power of loudspeakers. Even a single sharp musical peak can never come anywhere close to reaching the emblazoned PMPO rating. So, what manufacturers do is to add up all of the peaks and valleys, and come up with such a rating - and again, even that rating varies extremely widely from maker to maker.

As a result, both Burst RMS and Continuous RMS are far better ways of measuring the meaningfully true power output of any amplifier, including powered speakers.

GodsMadClown said:
Awww, man. That was half the fun. Why'd you have to go spoil it? ;)

Yeah, put all the blame on me. That's just what all you democrats do. (just kidding) :D

ycchan, this dispute is between me and E4g1e, dont get involved unless you want a cap busted :cool:

please forgive me for disrupting your dispute your royal highness

Ok i forgive you, i wont bust a cap just yet. Now bow to me! muahahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back