Better ram timings worth the price

Snikku

Limp Gawd
I am getting a new motherboard, cpu, and ram since my old computer got fried out (but i needed a new one anyways :p )

anyways i was wondering if PDP SYSTEMS Memory Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 with ram timings 2-3-2-5-t1 would be really worth the extra $40 than Corsair 1GB PC3200 400MHz (2x512MB) DDR 184Pin with ram timings 2.5-3-3
does it really make that much of a noticeable difference

thanks

what CPU?

if AMD, get the faster timings
if Intel, doesn't matter, if anything get PC3500 for later overclocking

yeah i was planning on getting a Intel 3.0C

what does the FSB make up for the loss in timings?

well, FSB, u probly know, is the speed at which the system can access the memory...the timings dictate how long a process has to wait to access the RAM...so, technically, you want a balance of both, but with an Intel, they LOVE bandwidth...so with dual-channel PC3200, your bandwidth is 6.4GBs, and with an AMD its only 3.2GBs, but they like the tight timings...so I would get the tightest PC3700 you can find and get that.

Alex41290 said:
but they like the tight timings...so I would get the tightest PC3700 you can find and get that.

yeaa.. if there wasnt such thing called a budget >_<

if your getting a P4, Intel loves bandwidth and really could care less about timmings. Find yourself the cheapest Hynix DT43 sticks of memory, proablly be your best bet :D

alright thanks, and to Alex41290's post, im just looking for a medicore computer covering my old one that fried and im not interested in OCing or anything, but thanks anyways

oh, sorry, didn't know the situation...then just get some cheap pc3200 value ram

Back